Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2016, 23:56   #16
Senior Member+

Re: January window

i think its more important to get rid of anyone who the manager doesnt rate/get along with.

we dont need passengers in a relegation battle.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2016, 08:25   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
A goal scorer is a must
we,ve got one in billy. he just needs some help with some big lad who takes some of the weight off him. i wont hold my breath though.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 08:50   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
i think its more important to get rid of anyone who the manager doesnt rate/get along with.

we dont need passengers in a relegation battle.
We will always have a passenger so thats not gonna happen.
Old 26-12-2016, 10:13   #19

Wouldnt bother unless they are better than what we've got.
Can we really find a dynamic, attacking midfielder? Nice if we could.
A more commanding keeper would help.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 11:12   #20

One thing's for sure, we won't be buying our way out of trouble, thank God!
Other teams have tried it and ended up in administration.
JC is no dope, he knows where our deficiencies lie & will be scouring the market for freebies & loans to help boost the squad.
The Plymouth performance proved we're 90% there, we just need a killer punch.
The fact we live within our meagre budget & remain in the football league is already a minor miracle.
If we're still playing in league two at the end of the season, we will have had a successful season.
Merry Christmas fellow reds.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 11:19   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We will always have a passenger so thats not gonna happen.
??????
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 11:23   #22
Senior Member+

Sorry for the light show old friend !...but once again your cryptic allusions have already made my Boxing Day !.

Have a good day...Hope the Reds really Box ( having already stuffed them !) Grimsby Town.

KTF.
choirboy likes this.
Old 26-12-2016, 12:18   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Sorry for the light show old friend !...but once again your cryptic allusions have already made my Boxing Day !.

Have a good day...Hope the Reds really Box ( having already stuffed them !) Grimsby Town.

KTF.
....Passengers? ....Light shows?.....
Some 'FISHY' stuff going around today!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 14:00   #24
Senior Member+

James Gray released by Southport
Old 26-12-2016, 16:03   #25

Attacking fullbacks.

A No 8/10 with pace.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 20:53   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Wouldnt bother unless they are better than what we've got.
Can we really find a dynamic, attacking midfielder? Nice if we could.
A more commanding keeper would help.
Angus Gunn would be a good TLT signing.

I think we need a bigger squad and have suffered Emergency Loan cessation this season. All the big crowd/budget/squad teams are at the top, when they have had mixed fortunes recently.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 21:45   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
i think its more important to get rid of anyone who the manager doesn't rate/get along with.

we don't need passengers in a relegation battle.
What about the proven experienced players who can't get a game or even make the squad, This is bad management. you have to give these players a fair go on say a rotation system. The current system is not working. If the Manager does not rate players then why are they here in the first place? It does seem that players are not being picked on ability or merit. This has to stop. Some people have said bring Bucko back, When he was fit he was a class above but was injured a lot through bravery, Would he come back? I doubt it. Crooks won't come back either. we need to look around and I believe Coley is a master of finding gems. Yet he does not seem to manage them well.
smudgie likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 22:53   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
What about the proven experienced players who can't get a game or even make the squad, This is bad management. you have to give these players a fair go on say a rotation system. The current system is not working. If the Manager does not rate players then why are they here in the first place? It does seem that players are not being picked on ability or merit. This has to stop. Some people have said bring Bucko back, When he was fit he was a class above but was injured a lot through bravery, Would he come back? I doubt it. Crooks won't come back either. we need to look around and I believe Coley is a master of finding gems. Yet he does not seem to manage them well.
Chris !...

Whether or not it appears that players are not being given the opportunity to prove their worth to the squad...Whether or not there appears to be a lack of fairness employed by our Manager when choosing his team for any particular game.....We as mere onlookers at the scene set before us must face one truth, this being that AS Manager JC has the power within his grasp to pick his team for the next game and you, I, and any other contributor to our forum, apart from stating our opinions or getting something off our chests, can for all our puffing and blowing do absolutely nothing to affect or alter this status quo !.

So we live in hope that maybe next time his team selection, and his use of substitutes will coincide with what we think should be the case, and that the success for which we all fervently wish will come to the Crown in 2017 !.

KTF.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 27-12-2016, 06:58   #29
Senior Member+

Yonmon I agree

But

Coleman has to take responsibility for the likes of Eagles, Taylor Fletcher, Hery - he signed all 3, all 3 had previous for having strong personalitys, all 3 if not being selected are a waste of wages and a missed opportunity as those same wages not being invested on other players.

It's also a waste of those players talents, hopefully they can all move on in Jan.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-12-2016, 08:28   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yonmon I agree

But

Coleman has to take responsibility for the likes of Eagles, Taylor Fletcher, Hery - he signed all 3, all 3 had previous for having strong personalitys, all 3 if not being selected are a waste of wages and a missed opportunity as those same wages not being invested on other players.

It's also a waste of those players talents, hopefully they can all move on in Jan.
DAV,

I appreciate that my post seems to be a short exercise in fence-sitting, but I didn't go so far as to name individual players in it because quite simply I am not at all sure of the details regarding either their contractual situations or states of physical fitness, or indeed attitude towards playing for the team , which would allow me to make a considered judgement regarding the Manager's dealings with them.
So I return to my original point, that as far as I can see it is how JC manages the affairs relating to the three players and indeed the rest of the playing contingent that, come weekend which will determine the squad for the next game, in spite of what you, Chris, I, or any other fan would see differently !.
Seems like I'm burying my head in the sand, perhaps someone will come along to help me see some pathway through this murky and convoluted situation...Or maybe drinking too much of the nectar which flows from Artemisia this festive season has made me too Absinthe-minded to see things in a true light ?. Who can say ?.

Happy day after Boxing Day !.

KTF !.

And PS !.. does Absinthe really make the heart grow fonder ?..... I wonder ?.

Last edited by yonmon; 27-12-2016 at 08:34.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..