Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2016, 09:11   #31
Full Member+

Re: January window

Yonmon, I fully accept your points that no matter what, we are just people with an opinion. I agree However the manager must be getting feedback from this forum as well as others. The feedback I would like to think is more positive than negative. I have held back like you as there are reasons or contractual arrangements that we are not privy to which may make us view the situation in a different light. Whatever your view I do believe we have the right as fans to express that view and have it challenged. Ultimately we all want success for the club and team. I agree to name individual players can be less than helpful although most people will know who we are talking about. For me our strikers are not up to the job, That is a starting point but others will think differently. Coleman has to make the choice as it is his neck on the line. This season for whatever reason we have not been able to recreate last seasons performances. We are lacking in most departments in reality. Again we all have our own opinions and have the right to express them. If we have not turned it round by the end of January I think we have to ask serious questions of the management team.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2016, 09:50   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Yonmon, I fully accept your points that no matter what, we are just people with an opinion. I agree However the manager must be getting feedback from this forum as well as others. The feedback I would like to think is more positive than negative. I have held back like you as there are reasons or contractual arrangements that we are not privy to which may make us view the situation in a different light. Whatever your view I do believe we have the right as fans to express that view and have it challenged. Ultimately we all want success for the club and team. I agree to name individual players can be less than helpful although most people will know who we are talking about. For me our strikers are not up to the job, That is a starting point but others will think differently. Coleman has to make the choice as it is his neck on the line. This season for whatever reason we have not been able to recreate last seasons performances. We are lacking in most departments in reality. Again we all have our own opinions and have the right to express them. If we have not turned it round by the end of January I think we have to ask serious questions of the management team.
We are saying the same thing Chris !.. BUT ,although positive or negative, if we were to approach JC and ask him to say, hand on heart, that his decisions were influenced in any way by the assortment of opinions and ideas which we enjoy bandying about on our forum, then we might be on the receiving end of a most disappointing, and dare I say, edifying answer delivered in his own inimitable fashion !.
He is without doubt his own man, whether he is a good manager and decision-maker Ior
not,well one only needs to examine the plethora of posts on this topic which have appeared on our Forum over the years to realise that as yet no decision has been arrived at !.
The picking and nitpicking will continue, I'll keep on turning up I suppose,FA19, DAV, Cashy, Revived Red, Choirboy, and dear AccyMad,and of course yourself, will continue to provide me with those choice moments of unlimited joy which make my daily visit to Accyweb a must !.

Let's hope that our present gloomy thoughts are unfounded, and brighter times are just around the corner !

KTF.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by yonmon; 27-12-2016 at 09:53.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 17:22   #33
Senior Member+

The Don should hopefully be back in the first team very shortly...Prefer him to Vyner!
Old 27-12-2016, 17:25   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
The Don should hopefully be back in the first team very shortly...Prefer him to Vyner!
He is a good player Baldy but it won't be enough to turn things round on it's own.
Old 27-12-2016, 17:28   #35
God Member

Might be if we stick him upfront
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 20:24   #36
Senior Member+

If two forwards aren't signed in January - one a big target man the other a fox in the box then the club is in deep ****
The service from out wide exists although the speed at which the ball gets out wide can be an issue.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 20:53   #37
I am Banned

Has osullivan gone back to Blackburn now?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 21:07   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Has osullivan gone back to Blackburn now?
His loan expires on January 7th will he sign till end of season who knows I believe a striker is Coleman's target we all agree with that I think as I do but still think we need a creative fast thinking forward midfielder who can move the ball quickly and accurately if the players mentioned in this thread are,nt getting a game let them go we desperately need points from the next 2 games before Coleman rolls the dice in the transfer window and hopefully we get on a confidence building run any new faces will then hopefully gel quickly and get us away from the abyiss.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 11:37   #39
Full Member+

if his loans up on 7th jan then no, unless he's injured, but really who know's
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 11:56   #40
Senior Member+

Vyner loan expires 2 Jan ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 12:40   #41
I am Banned

But really what player is going to want to sign for a club fighting for relegation, yes there's the FA cup incentive but seriously
Old 28-12-2016, 12:48   #42
Senior Member+

There will be plenty of players...Their parent club might prefer them to go to a club fighting relegation to see if the player has the attributes that are needed in a dog fight!

Andy Holt has said there will be funds available and Coley won't spend if it isn't right for the club!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-12-2016, 13:19   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
But really what player is going to want to sign for a club fighting for relegation, yes there's the FA cup incentive but seriously
Loads of young players who aint getting a game at bigger clubs would jump at the chance.
AccyMad, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-12-2016, 14:01   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Loads of young players who aint getting a game at bigger clubs would jump at the chance.
If they're at bigger clubs they're getting more cash most kids nowadays wouldn't move to a club fighting relegation for peanuts
Old 28-12-2016, 15:19   #45
Full Member+

We have some good young academy players available who have not kicked a ball in anger yet. not even as a sub, Why not? Vyner I have watched and is a player who needs good players around him. I have seen him tackle and keep a ball and no one around to allow a pass out. poor communication. It ends up a hit and hope ball when the lad is struggling for support. He is an intelligent player who can read the game well but like Pierro and Jonno finds himself stranded and surrounded very quickly. The opposition have sussed out that he needs marking closely yet we leave him to struggle on his own too often, I have mentioned previously about Beccles moving to centre midfield, I am not sure he is a striker as such but a good supply link. The Don is a good supply link but again I am not sure he is an out and out striker. Billy Kee has not been right for some time, Terry gornell is off form. GTF has not played a role as such up front. yet we all know he can be the poacher we need. Shay is struggling with fitness and supply. so there is a lot to put right. We have a lot of players who could do the job. The final decision is up to Coley. I am praying he can work some magic in the transfer window.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..