Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2004, 11:10   #16

Re: Jason Petkovic

hey Accy fans

Hereford fan here but also follow Glory having lived in Oz for just over 6 months.Jason is a fantastic signing for you!! Did you know he has the record for most clean sheets! He kept 105 clean sheets in 281 games.I hope he can rekindle he fantastic goalkeeping at Accrington.Accrington you have a fantastic signing!!!

Good Luck Jason
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2004, 12:04   #17
Senior Member+

dont jump the gun, we need to get him 1st
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 12:27   #18
Senior Member+

just talking to a glory fan on msn and he sais the standard is div 2
Old 23-06-2004, 12:04   #19
Junior Member+

i would say that the standard of the NSL soon to be called APL is division 2 but there are teams such as Perth Glory and Parramatta Power who could challenge for promotion into the 1st division.

Anyway onto Jason (PETKA) Petkovic he was by far the best goalkeeper playing in the NSL and that thing about being worth 12 points a season i totally agree with that he is a fantastic talent and is very very experienced and if he signs for accy im sure that you will all grow to love him just as much as glor fans did. I hope that if he signs that you embrace him and that you all make him feel welcome but i also hope that he comes back and plays with glory in the APL.

BTW when does accy's season start????
perth glory fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 12:22   #20
God Member

Thanks for that info Perth Glory fan, our season starts on 14th August - if he does come to Accrington you can be sure he'll get a very warm welcome from the Stanley fans.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 11:37   #21
Junior Member+

hmm the 14th august im hoping that if he does sign for accy then he only signs for a year so then glory can have him back when the APL starts. Anyway just another thing i want to know wut can ure stadium hold and wut do u normally get to ure home games (how many people)
Old 24-06-2004, 11:42   #22
Senior Member+

holds just over 5000 only get bout 1000 on average, we'll cheer him on though
Old 24-06-2004, 11:55   #23
Super Moderator

Average for last season was around the 1,700 mark, but hopefully we'll be improving on that next season when we're fulltime.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 12:05   #24
Senior Member+

didnt realise it was that high, that including cup?
Old 24-06-2004, 13:12   #25
Super Moderator

Nope, that's league only. With cup attendances, I reckon it must be over 2,000. You probably got that impression because the gates were dipping towards the 1,000 mark towards the end of last season. Hopefully, gates will stay buoyant this season as we embark on our promotion challenge.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 17:35   #26
Senior Member+

Lets hope this poxy Government don't cock up the work permit, I for one would love to see him in a Stanley shirt.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:42   #27
Junior Member+

good to see jason signign for a club to keep him fit until the APL begins again.

please make jason feel welcome and emrace evefry piece of good work he dooes

just wodnering BTW woudl any1 like me 2 send over a perth glory flag which sum1 can take to the games and wave it near jason so he can see it... Im sure he would love that
Old 05-07-2004, 11:08   #28
God Member

What a good idea... Dunno if he has actually signed yet though has he? If he does then send it along

Also if he does you will be able to keep track of him as there will be plenty of pictures from each game on www.kipax.com
Old 05-07-2004, 12:26   #29
Junior Member+

hehe if i send the flag over it better be used coz i dont want to see it go to waste

hmm who whould i send it 2?????
Old 06-07-2004, 10:56   #30
Senior Member+

The football club of course, I am sure they cn find plenty of supporters to fly the flag for you.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..