Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2008, 12:28   #1
Resting In Peace

Jay Harris Suspended

Jay Harris got his fifth booking last night and will be suspended for one game, missing the Stockport game I think.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2008, 12:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Jay Harris Suspended

That might actually be a good thing.
Old 13-02-2008, 12:32   #3

could see the yellow card coming out of the refs pocket before the tackle it was so obviuos what Jay was going to do.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 12:55   #4

Quote:
That actually might be a good thing
why ???????????????????
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 13:00   #5
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Quote:
That actually might be a good thing
Quote:
why ???????????????????
Because Jay Harris cannot pass a ball and gives away posession too often. He may do a lot of work but there is seldom an end product. It's time for him to have a 'rest' and the only way that will happen is for him to be suspended.
Old 13-02-2008, 13:33   #6
Senior Member+

Well put Jeff. That's hit the nail on the head.
Old 13-02-2008, 13:34   #7
Senior Member+

jay harris puts in 110% every game! he is proberly one of the best players we have in the team! who else is going to do a better role than him in midfeild

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 13:38   #8
Senior Member+

Jay Harris was man of the match last night and was well deserved. Yeh his shots wernt on target but was one of only a few that tried last night. He worked 110% which was shown on numerous occasions. One of these occasions when tracking back the whole of the pitch just to get a tackle in stop them going more infront!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 13:43   #9
Senior Member+

he works 110% every game home and away from the start of th season he will be back in the team after his ban and he fully desevers it aswell! at least he was having a shot tho, most of the time we go the ball in the box but never shot just passed it about!

Old 13-02-2008, 14:04   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Jay Harris was man of the match last night and was well deserved. Yeh his shots wernt on target but was one of only a few that tried last night. He worked 110% which was shown on numerous occasions. One of these occasions when tracking back the whole of the pitch just to get a tackle in stop them going more infront!
Maybe he was voted man of the match by the sponsors. The sponsors were asking for nominations for man of the match before the kick off, they even asked me who I wanted for man of the match at 7.30pm. I agree his shots weren't on target, I agree he might have tried, I agree he might have given 110%, but what use are shots off target? He can try as much as he likes but he won't get any better. He can give 150% if he likes but whatever he gives he will not be good enough, there is just no end product with Jay Harris. Wowee!! he tracked back the whole of the pitch just to get a tackle in - THAT'S HIS BLOODY JOB, ISN'T IT? If I remember rightly he gave the ball away before he tracked back. His tackling is late, he has been booked five times and sent off once this season. He probably will be in the team when his suspension is over - not on merit, but because he is one of the favoured few, and it's these favoured few that are costing us games. At Chester last Saturday Stanley didn't come to life until Jay Harris was taken off. He runs around like a headless chicken and fouls the opposition - this does not make him a good player. When was the last time he scored a goal for the first team? When was the last time he gave an assist to a goal? He has made 65 appearances for Stanley and scored 2 goals, he has been booked 17 times and sent off twice. What a good player he is (I think not)
Old 13-02-2008, 14:04   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Because Jay Harris cannot pass a ball and gives away posession too often. He may do a lot of work but there is seldom an end product. It's time for him to have a 'rest' and the only way that will happen is for him to be suspended.

couldent agree more, spot on, get Mannix in for next game
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 14:12   #12
Senior Member+

ok than so you could say same bout craney and todd and most of the other players on the team, in trainin mannix could but unfit who knows but unless you train with them everyday than you cant pick the squad. say mannix plays next game and he gets booked and dunt have a shot on target or gives the ball away alot. what you going to say than

Old 13-02-2008, 14:30   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
THAT'S HIS BLOODY JOB, ISN'T IT?
Yeh and every single game he does his bloody job well! Unlike some members of the team last night! He may make fouls , but at least he gets stuck in and ruffs the opposition up. Its a mans game, without players like jay harris the opposition dominates the midfield. You cant blame jay harris Jeff for our bad performances! And when he does come back he will be the team because works 110% and shows great commitment and effort on the pitch! Ouuhh Jay Harris , Ouhhh Jay Harris!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 14:38   #14
Senior Member+

totally agree Fc:stanley Ouuhh Jay harris, Ouuhh Jay Harris. He is a good player always gets stuck in always work 110% always shows commitment and effort! we need more jay harris's on the pitch!

Old 13-02-2008, 14:54   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
He may make fouls , but at least he gets stuck in and ruffs the opposition up. Its a mans game
Lee McEvilley makes fouls, gets stuck in and ruffs the opposition up, but people on this site call him a thug. Jay Harris cannot pass the ball to a Stanley player. Watch him at Brentford, count how many passes he completes against how many of his passes go astray and then tell me he is a good midfield player. I will ask you again - when did he last score a goal for Stanley? When did he last assist in a goal for Stanley? What was his last telling contribution to a game. Tell me what else he has done except run around like a headless chicken.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..