Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37   #1
Senior Member+

JB to resume his playing career

According to the Telegraph JB is reportedly considering coming out of retirement to play for the club, he has good intentions I’m sure but I do not see this as a positive move (your thoughts)

Accrington Stanley manager James Beattie mulls comeback for goal-starved League Two side - Telegraph
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05   #2
Senior Member+

Re: JB to resume his playing career

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
According to the Telegraph JB is reportedly considering coming out of retirement to play for the club, he has good intentions I’m sure but I do not see this as a positive move (your thoughts)

Accrington Stanley manager James Beattie mulls comeback for goal-starved League Two side - Telegraph
If this would allow, even for a short interim period whilst a new and effective striker can be signed, that Kal Naismith could play on the right flank ( Which IMHO would ensure that his talents for playing dangerous crosses and cutting inside to shoot would provide more goal scoring opportunities than are coming along at the present time !.) ..then if fitness to scare the living daylights out of opposing defences is not a problem, and only JB himself would be able to make an honest assessment of this, then his intentions could be translated into the action so badly missing around the Penalty Box....( remembering that 'could' doesn't necessary mean 'will' !).
As for Kal, I am also of the opinion that it should be his boots, and not those of Luke Joyce or Will Hatfield delivering attacking free-kicks into crowded Penalty Boxes...a better option than having him waiting on the off-chance that the ball
just might come his way !.
But what do I know ??....the season is young..there are teams out there just waiting to feel the full force of a fully-fit Stanley Squad...and for JB some deserved success either as a striker..or a figure of sartorial excellence directing his team from the dugout !!.....Keep the faith everybody !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20   #3
Full Member+

Back of the net Beattie
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41   #4
Senior Member+

Great move.

We need something up top badly and to throw himself on for the last 20 minutes if needed would be ace.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41   #5

Sounds a good idea to me! (Short Term)
Dazzagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Without any doubt to me,this would be a great short term move, why would anyone not think so, ??? Cash is not in great amounts,if we got any left. Beats sure aint what he was, but hes still class.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:16   #7
Senior Member+

If i was him i wouldnt have retired !!,coming off the bench,when people are tiring would be a good option,although i presume hes not done any pre-season,so it will be difficult
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32   #8
Senior Member+

He is live on talksport between 1 and 4
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 13:58   #9

short term could be good hopefully he's been doing some training with the lads
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 15:04   #10
God Member

i wasn't his biggest fan last season when he was a player, but I can't for the life of me understand why he didn't just register anyway. The other week we could only fill 6 substitute spots and since then have used the youth squad (although Mahoney seems to be a real find). It makes sense for him to be there as an option rather than taking risks and having short numbers
SamF and yonmon like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:01   #11
Senior Member+

Anyone listen to what he had to say on talksport?
I missed it.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:17   #12
God Member

Give him a shirt, QUICK.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 18:58   #13

Can anyone explain the seemingly totally random Liechtenstein reference in the first paragraph?
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:08   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
Can anyone explain the seemingly totally random Liechtenstein reference in the first paragraph?
Easy,its the L.E.T. utter sensationalist rubbish. Like anyones likely to be interested inJ.B.s 4th cap lol
Old 09-09-2013, 21:53   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Easy,its the L.E.T. lol
By which, I presume, you mean the London (Ec)centric Telegraph?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..