Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2015, 13:37   #1
Senior Member+

JC says ..............

John Coleman wants Accrington to believe in promotion

Accrington Stanley John Coleman has urged his players to believe they can end the season in the promotion places.

Stanley won 3-0 at Crawley to extend their unbeaten run to seven games and move up to fifth in League Two.

Coleman, 52, is in his second stint at the Lancashire side after returning last September

"I've been saying to them from, we've got to start acting like we're a top side and start believing we're a top three or seven side", said Coleman.
He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "You've got to act like that on the pitch.

I'm on about the work ethic, the preparation and every day you're going to work. Even in training we've got to act like we're a top side, set high standards and demand a lot of each other."

I BELIEVE!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2015, 16:25   #2
I am Banned

Re: JC says ..............

Not getting my hopes up just yet, maybe if we're in the same position come January then I might start to believe but it's stanley anything could happen
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 07:10   #3
Senior Member+

good motivation speech by John and its nice to see the team sitting so high in the league but realistically we are punching above our weight in league 2, indeed ILYAS warned in 2011 that Accrington Stanley will not survive unless they move to a new stadium in years to come,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 08:09   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
good motivation speech by John and its nice to see the team sitting so high in the league but realistically we are punching above our weight in league 2, indeed ILYAS warned in 2011 that Accrington Stanley will not survive unless they move to a new stadium in years to come,
I don,t think we are punching above our weight longest serving league 2 team and established at this level that,s what John,s saying stop thinking like that and think like a big team, as for stadium nothing seem,s to be happening there in fact the OASSC are doing their best for the changing room fund so can,t see a new stadium unless something radically changes.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 09:32   #5
God Member

good on yer john agree with everything you say on this issue. as fans we also must try to loose our inferiority complex with low expectations. at the beginning of this season like any other avoiding relagation is the priority but with the players we have got a more positive view is needed. we have got to believe this side can go all the way. turn up and get behind the lads. we wont win them all and there will be poor games and below standard refs along the way. forget the ground at the moment. if a tip top ground means promotion ask a Coventry fan with a 3rd rate side in a premier league ground or are Bournemouth punching above their weight because of their ground. cannot ever see us getting a new ground unless its in a York city type of development. Accrington is not York and cannot see the council building one for us or a sugar daddy turning up. I know it would be nice as our ground does affect gates to some extent. onwards an upwards to 3 points tonight and let us dream.
cashman and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 10:31   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Given our resources,we have always punched above our weight, FACT, But with this squad we have chance to rise above it, Thats another fact to me, monkey hanger is 100% correct in my view wi his last comment.
Giacomo likes this.
Old 29-09-2015, 14:20   #7

What is our average gate vs our capacity? Until the gap narrows, I would say where we are is just fine.
Old 29-09-2015, 15:13   #8

On this lovely sunny day I just want to say "count our blessings."
Ten years ago Stanley were pushing back for league status.
For many years it was speculated that Accrington Stanley would never be counted as a league member again, in any division.
Okay a bit of Shakespeare on this topic?
"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream."
Hamlet (now you can smoke a cigar!)
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 15:14   #9

Culture vulture me, like?
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..