Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2019, 11:49   #1
God Member

Jim Bentley . . . . .

So Big Jim has resigned, after 17 years as a player & manager - did he jump or was he pushed, who knows??
Says he's ready for a new challenge & reportedly on his way to Afc Fylde
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2019, 12:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Jim Bentley . . . . .

my best guess is he jumped before pushed, can only wish him well in his new job.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-10-2019, 14:58   #3
God Member

Done a brilliant job over the years, wish him well
choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 16:04   #4
God Member

Apparently has been unsettled the last 18 months since the new ownership came in and apparently one said on radio they weren't ready to offer him a new contract in the summer can't blame him for leaving what looks like sadly a sinking ship with what looks like disinterested owners.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 16:05   #5
Full Member+

Good luck to the lad as he has had a difficult time over the past few seasons and I doubt if he has taken the decision without giving it proper thought.
choirboy likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 17:19   #6
God Member

Smile Re: Jim Bentley . . . . .

Nice to see/hear

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...oves-to-fylde/

KiTChener and choirboy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 20:40   #7
Senior Member+

Good luck to Jim Bentley and his assistant in their new positions. John Coleman has a lot of empathy with Jim and the similar financial restraints under which our clubs have struggled for years. John expressed sincere best wishes to them and they have mine too. Good luck to them at Fylde. I hope that Morecambe can survive and it would be great if Fylde and Halifax could get up into League 2. Also really hoping that a way forward for our friends at Bury FC can be found and that they get back playing football ASAP.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 08:55   #8
God Member

even with jim bentley as manager i would hate to see fylde in division 2. just another in the long line of bankrolled clubs buying success. halifax or pools would be different matters though.
smudgie and Spartacus2nd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58   #9
Senior Member+

Congrats to Jim
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 18:06   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
even with jim bentley as manager i would hate to see fylde in division 2. just another in the long line of bankrolled clubs buying success. halifax or pools would be different matters though.
Thing is i reckon its how the money is used, good luck to any club that gets a bob or two, if used correctly i say.
Chimer likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:56   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is i reckon its how the money is used, good luck to any club that gets a bob or two, if used correctly i say.
think its fine for us having someone like andy holt in charge but some of these clubs like fylde , salford, forest green etc. would not have been heard of unless the vast amounts of money have been thrown at them for signings and wages being paid. paying division 1 wages at conference north clubs with gates we would be dissapointed in getting is hardly making the leagues they play in a level playing field. if the money does so will be the start of their downward travel. hopefully anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:50   #12

Not sure whether the money is beginning to run out at Fylde which is why they've been struggling a bit more this season.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:52   #13
Senior Member+

Other clubs have improved their squads, Fylde haven't to the same degree
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 15:56   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Other clubs have improved their squads, Fylde haven't to the same degree
If I know Jim... they will, and it won't take that long. Plus he'll make sure that the existing squad show more than in the past !.. Watch this space Dav !..
DAV007 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 19:15   #15

Hello Accy', there's a lot of love on this thread which is good to see! Coley still talks with affection for the Shrimps and about his time on the coast as a player. Is this the window of opportunity he's been waiting for? No probably not, that boat has sailed!

Things had well and truly stagnated under Jimbo and we were staring into the abyss, however he will remain as a hero to us for his 17 years as a player and manager. It was great to see Kev Ellison and Barry Roche kicking off with a win, (boy did we need that), with a more pressing style of play.

Anyway until we meet again good luck and hopefully Billy Kee will get well sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..