Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2019, 11:16   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Jimmy Dunne

Janoi hasn't become a poor player overnight.
Two words come to mind for me.
Fitness and Confidence.
When he gets them back he'll be ok but probably not with us.
As for Accynew's post it's not exactly a state secret that a few were after Callum ........ but not just him.
Sometimes word gets out sometimes it doesn't.
Again you cant help thinking that maybe his form has dipped a little with all the speculation etc and he's a young lad who inevitably saw his future elsewhere. He's a good player just having a rocky spell ........ but then again haven't they all ?
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 1 others like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2019, 14:09   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Janoi hasn't become a poor player overnight.
Two words come to mind for me.
Fitness and Confidence.
When he gets them back he'll be ok but probably not with us.
As for Accynew's post it's not exactly a state secret that a few were after Callum ........ but not just him.
Sometimes word gets out sometimes it doesn't.
Again you cant help thinking that maybe his form has dipped a little with all the speculation etc and he's a young lad who inevitably saw his future elsewhere. He's a good player just having a rocky spell ........ but then again haven't they all ?
Think you've just hit the nail on the head there. Intrigued to know of the others there was interest for. Obviously Johnson. ,maybe Clark and Barlaser but not our player. That time of the year will soon be back round upon us, hopefully building for another season in League 1.
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 14:15   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Sorry accyNew but the Dom is poor and as for Johnson his agent will have put that out about championship clubs after him. Don't believe everything you read in the press man.players go by Johnson sometimes like he's stud still did you see the first 5 mins at Barnsley? And the pen he gave away v Blackpool when he dived in like a Sunday morning player ? Obviously a family member Mmmmm.
Family member? No, why because i like him as a player that automatically means so, ill ignore that statement. There both good players but like anyone they all have there off days, just hope the lads can pull some points out and climb away from danger. Paul Smyth will keep us up for me, although hes weak still the closest replacement we have since Kayden left. 10 to go.
Old 16-03-2019, 15:05   #19

The Don (DoNacien not DoMacien) was bought on the strength of a title winning campaign at left back. Irregardless of where he wants to play he did well there and should stick to it. Match fitness dhould be there or thereabouts now so he just needs a cuddle pre match

Johnson - offensively he's decent, and gets good overlaps in with Clark. Doesnt always receive from him but opens up the space for Clark to go into. What does for him here, a little, is that Clark's delivery hasnt been the best this season and if defended leaves an instant hole down the right side. Defensively you can see that hes the product of an academy. Technically good with great feet, however, he doesnt often get a foot in quick enough. I think he's waiting for a technically astute midfield to help him out, which doesnt come quick enough. Before he's got the foot in he has either lost the cross or backed himself into the box.

Biggest problem is number 1. I wont say that Maxted is a good shot stopper as that should be a given, but the first 80%of Ripleys reign is what we need. Calm and assured, always an outlet, and good vocal command of the backline.

I dont often advocate the spending of money at our club, particularly on transfer fees, but this is where we could do with spending some.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 20:14   #20

Ok accynew we'll agree to disagree on Johnson it's not that I don't like the lad just think he's been found out that's all.as for Smyth I went to Wycombe in midd week the lad frightened them to death.he'll be a big miss on sat at Bruton?
Old 17-03-2019, 11:17   #21
Junior Member+

Huge miss, struggling to think of who is going to play instead of him. For me I wouldn’t play either Zanzala or Armstrong and would maybe play Clark off Billy with Danny Williams or Sousa on the right.
Old 17-03-2019, 12:11   #22
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyNew would maybe play Clark off Billy with Danny Williams or Sousa on the right.[/QUOTE]

hope clark is left alone on the right. not convinced by moving him about.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 12:35   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post
.... maybe play Clark off Billy with Danny Williams or Sousa on the right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
hope clark is left alone on the right. not convinced by moving him about.
Agree, MH, Leave Clark on the right not least because Danny Williams, if he was selected, is a left-footed winger! Don’t know about Sousa’s abilities with his left foot.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 08:24   #24
Senior Member+

I've a feeling we'll only have one up top against Burton who are a strapping physically strong unit.
This could be the right type of game for Scotty.
Finlay a bit further forward just behind Billy.
Old 18-03-2019, 08:55   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
I've a feeling we'll only have one up top against Burton who are a strapping physically strong unit.
This could be the right type of game for Scotty.
Finlay a bit further forward just behind Billy.
Think this has maybe been our downfall this season to an extent.
Right or wrong - alot of times we have tried to match other teams instead of making them match us.

Agree that it's the perfect game for Scotty - I'd actually love to see us in a 4-1-4-1 formation;

Maxted,Callum,Yosser,Harvey,Janoi,Scotty,Clicker,B illy,Sam,Sean,Ozzy

Let the 4 players roam freely behind Zanzala with Billy dropping deep to hold up the play releasing Callum and Janoi out wide with Scotty dropping into a back 3 to eliminate any counter attacks Burton may spring.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 08:57   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post
Huge miss, struggling to think of who is going to play instead of him. For me I wouldn’t play either Zanzala or Armstrong and would maybe play Clark off Billy with Danny Williams or Sousa on the right.
Clark has no end product so wouldn't play him central. Keep him out wide where he is best.
Old 19-03-2019, 19:09   #27
Senior Member+

Maybe there would be more of an end product if he could get on the set pieces but we know despite some abysmal deliveries and efforts that our number 11 has exclusivity in that department.
Old 20-03-2019, 09:37   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Maybe there would be more of an end product if he could get on the set pieces but we know despite some abysmal deliveries and efforts that our number 11 has exclusivity in that department.
For free kicks within shooting range - either Billy or Dan should be on them full stop.

For free kicks in a crossing position and corners, I do agree someone who can whip in the ball, either Clicker or Callum should be on them.

Seans deliveries have been poor with many not even beating the first man.
I also think that whilst short corners can be efficient, our execution has been poor.

On the subject of set pieces - I don't necessarily think that it is all Seans fault we have been extremely poor from them this season.

I have noticed, and am almost confuzzled... at Yosser/Big Ben/Ross's starting positions from corners.

They start so far out near the edge of the 18 yard box and wide, that even if they do win the header (which has been so little this season) - it's going to take one heck of a header to get the power and accuracy from that distance to beat the keeper.

Last season we seemed to score a lot more from set pieces and I recall our centre halves starting more towards the penalty spot.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:59   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Ok accynew we'll agree to disagree on Johnson it's not that I don't like the lad just think he's been found out that's all.as for Smyth I went to Wycombe in midd week the lad frightened them to death.he'll be a big miss on sat at Bruton?
I actually think Callum has improved defensively since last season, it's his attacking play that has let him down this season.

Defensively, he needs to be stronger and more physical however.

Quick stats though;

He's made the most completed tackles this season from any Stanley player
He is only 2nd to Alex Mowatt of Barnsley in the whole of League 1.
He's 10th in the whole of the top 4 divisions of English football.
Old 20-03-2019, 14:32   #30

You forgot to mention the pen he gave away v blackpool when he dived in off his feet instead of him stopping on his feet. Very poor in my eye's

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..