Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2019, 16:26   #31

Re: Jimmy Dunne

Just touching on the Burton game, they’ll be missing Liam Boyce (also in the NI squad). Crucial player for them and scores a few goals. Luckily for us its the second time we’ve played them in an international break this season now so will have avoided him twice. Fingers crossed it proves fortunate for us on Saturday.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2019, 11:39   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
You forgot to mention the pen he gave away v blackpool when he dived in off his feet instead of him stopping on his feet. Very poor in my eye's
'someone who has never made a mistake has never learnt anything'

Agreed it was a poor decision to go to ground but he was too flat footed initially to make a tackle.

He will learn from it. Overall, he's been much better defensively, against much stronger opposition.
Just wish it was easy for him to 'bulk up' and be stronger in the tackle (completely bottled a tackle leading to a goal opening day vs Gillingham...)

He will become better. He is one of the most dedicated players we will ever have wearing a Stanley shirt.
cashman and pifco like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 13:18   #33

Sorry he's not hard enough fact watch him he runs about on his tiptoes enough said.
Old 21-03-2019, 20:06   #34
Full Member+

Like to see Sousa in Smyths place he's quick, and tricky could do a job.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 20:28   #35
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Love Rocket;1225788]Sorry he's not hard enough fact watch him he runs about on his tiptoes enough said.[/QUOTE

What precisely do you mean about running on his tiptoes?
If it’s a euphemism for some slur you’re too frightened to say, then it’s a pathetic comment.
If there’s no insinuation and you really think there’s something wrong about running on tiptoes then it shows how little you know about running. Some of the world’s elite athletes are forefoot runners. Haile Gebreselassie and Paula Radcliffe run on their ‘tiptoes’ but they’re merely marathon world record holders, and possibly not hard enough.

https://fl.milesplit.com/articles/11...est-way-to-run
Revived Red, yonmon and RedSocks62 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 21:37   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry he's not hard enough fact watch him he runs about on his tiptoes enough said.
I’ve heard it all now ......
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 23:44   #37

Wondered when you would chip in 28 you've been a bit quiet lately Is it becouse Clark's not been at his best the past few games.not his best at Barnsley or Wycombe was he.Is captain marvel back this weekend?
Old 22-03-2019, 09:07   #38

Quote:
Wondered when you would chip in 28 you've been a bit quiet lately Is it becouse Clark's not been at his best the past few games.not his best at Barnsley or Wycombe was he.Is captain marvel back this weekend?
I thought Clicker was very good against Wycombe actually. Constant threat and Wycombe looked scared of him. Unless I watched a completely different game???
I agree fans have opinions but your opinions seem only to ever be negative about our own players. Do you see any good in any of them?!!
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 09:14   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Like to see Sousa in Smyths place he's quick, and tricky could do a job.
what you wish for and what you,ll get are two different things. cannot see it happening myself.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:09   #40

ASFC 1019 but Don't know if you've noticed but 28 and a few more on here have a pop at certain players.they don't like it when you mention friend's and family.so no what you say doesn't matter to me at all not like some mush
Old 22-03-2019, 10:19   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:

I haven't been quiet at all my friend.
As an avid supporter you should be aware that Conneely is injured.
Old 22-03-2019, 11:13   #42
Junior Member+

Quote:
Is there a block button anywhere? Asking for a friend
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 11:50   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post
Is there a block button anywhere? Asking for a friend

Don't waste your energy mate.
Old 23-03-2019, 13:12   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I've a feeling we'll only have one up top against Burton who are a strapping physically strong unit.
This could be the right type of game for Scotty.
Finlay a bit further forward just behind Billy.
Looks like Coley agrees !
Chrisr likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..