Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2014, 16:36   #16
Full Member+

Re: John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

It's good to see them back!!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2014, 16:37   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Of course we're all going to get behind the club. What do you think we're going to do - go into hiding in South America?
A bit tongue in cheek that one Wyn. Just keep quiet and get on with your guinea pig sandwich!!!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 19:06   #18
Full Member+

so the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence!!! Well I for one am sitting on that fence , only time will tell if this is a good move or not . On tonights radio JB says he has been to a few Stanley matches and the atmosphere is not the same as it was , he is right of course the air is no longer blue.
sherry and Chubbyman like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 20:41   #19
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
A compensation package for the move has been agreed.
And there was i think that Stanley had no spare cash available for players wages
Old 18-09-2014, 20:45   #20
Senior Member+

Well I'm delighted to see the gruesome twosome return. I love the statements I've read so far, especially the ones about bringing back the passion on match days.

We all know that Stanley are grade A tinpot, but they're our tinpot club. Coley is an ideal fit for this club and those who are bleating about his misdemeanors are missing the point. Rival fans hated Coley and they hated us, but that only made us stronger.

Aiming for professionalism is a noble aim, but it's by clawing and scrapping that we'll survive this season. The Marquess of Queensbury may have created the rules, but give me a brawler in a street fight any day.

Welcome back JC and JB. I for one will be keeping the faith.
Old 18-09-2014, 20:55   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also like a street fighter, but i think you are missing the point T.M. You may forgive everything, your choice, But to say those who dont are bleaters, it don't say much about you. imho
Old 18-09-2014, 21:36   #22
bdc

Not sure on whether JC can replicate the success he had in the 1st spell, but I for one wish him all the luck. He did a lot of good for the club and he knows how the club ticks so can see why he has been appointed. Glad that PS has been kept on as well.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 22:15   #23
God Member

Look out, old Mack is back.

Brilliant news. Welcome home John and Jimmy.

I believe it was Descartes that said, "let's get party started".
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 11:48   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Brilliant news. Welcome home John and Jimmy.

I believe it was Descartes that said, "let's get party started".
Hope yer right shaker, the sligo rovers comments on facebook are as bad nearly as the Rochdale uns were.
Old 19-09-2014, 12:30   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
McConville? Oh sugar ..................!
smobile likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 13:48   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope yer right shaker, the sligo rovers comments on facebook are as bad nearly as the Rochdale uns were.
Bet the Sligo fans weren't complaining after the Rosenborg victory To be honest Cashy, I couldn't care less. I watched John & Jimmy's teams for 12 years - Sligo fans for little over 12 games. Nobody could tell me anything I haven't heard already at some point in time. Some fact, lots fiction. All I know for certain is that those two, in charge of my home town team, have given me delights far beyond what I could ever have expected when I attended my first game. Later, when at twelve-or-so years old, John Coleman took my 'On Stanley On' flag and stuck it firmly in the centre spot of Burton Albion's then Eton Park after victory in the Peter Swailes Shield, I knew - in a completely platonic, brotherhood kind of way - he was the man for me. There have been ups and downs along the way but nowadays I just look at it in the simplest way possible: 3 promotions, national football, Football League, to the brink of competing for more, and that bloody flag. The rest pails into insignificance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
McConville? Oh sugar ..................!
Afraid not, it was just a refrain from the chosen one's favourite karaoke number, which I look forward to hearing once again!
keep the faith and smobile like this.
Old 19-09-2014, 14:00   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
The rest pails into insignificance.
Coleman brought a bucket?
shakermaker likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 14:43   #28

Quote:
Bet the Sligo fans weren't complaining after the Rosenborg victory To be honest Cashy, I couldn't care less. I watched John & Jimmy's teams for 12 years - Sligo fans for little over 12 games. Nobody could tell me anything I haven't heard already at some point in time. Some fact, lots fiction. All I know for certain is that those two, in charge of my home town team, have given me delights far beyond what I could ever have expected when I attended my first game. Later, when at twelve-or-so years old, John Coleman took my 'On Stanley On' flag and stuck it firmly in the centre spot of Burton Albion's then Eton Park after victory in the Peter Swailes Shield, I knew - in a completely platonic, brotherhood kind of way - he was the man for me. There have been ups and downs along the way but nowadays I just look at it in the simplest way possible: 3 promotions, national football, Football League, to the brink of competing for more, and that bloody flag. The rest pails into insignificance.
Amen to that. From having the rise taken out of me for being the only Accy fan in school whilst our blue and white neighbours were buying the title and witnessing brutal 5-0 defeats by Bamber Bridge....to all the things mentioned above.

Coley put Accrington as a town back on the map and as a proud Accringtonian I will be forever grateful to what the duo did for this decaying former mill town.
DAV007 and smobile like this.
Old 19-09-2014, 14:54   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Coleman brought a bucket?
Remind me yerself, how did the Aisle of Pedantry get on in they're referendum?
yonmon likes this.
Old 19-09-2014, 17:17   #30
God Member

13 managers in 5 years (or summat like that, cant be arsed to check) to one manager for 13 years.

defeats to Farsley to beating Forest
from What now? to Watford
Bradford Park Avenue to Bradford City (JPT first time, epic)
from RMI to QPR
from Fat Frank to Coleyoke
from the Railwaymen of Harrogate to the Railwaymen of Crewe

Shakeys childhood reminiscences show that Coley is our Souness in Istanbul or our flute playing Gazza. He has traits that few like and traits that many like, but once he has stamped his authority on the place then he engenders an attitude of comradeship amongst HIS players. One of the problems at SpottyTedLand up the road was that he fell out with Gary Jones who was a long standing servant of the club - rather like someone showing up and dropping Paul Mullin in his prime. Coley didn't stand it and Jones was on his bike. I ddont know the facts but if a player is undermining the manager then on his arse is where he should be.

Coley's right, there seems to be little passion around the place anymore - perhaps it was overcome by logic?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..