Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2014, 09:09   #1
Senior Member+

John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

It is now on The fishy Site.....
John and Jimmy are back in charge at Accrington Stanley.....

There has been a lot of discussion.........views aired.........opinions made public..........?????????????

But come on all Accy Stanley supporters........
NOW IS THE TIME TO UNITE......
GET 100% BEHIND JIMMY AND JOHN AND THE SQUAD.

John and Jimmy are fully aware of the constraints under which they will have to work and inevitably there will be some changes in the way we play and possibly/probably in the playing personnel too.....

Quote from the Fishy site from Chairman Peter Marsden.......
“One of the things that was vital in getting us established in the Football League was the emergence of the Ultras. The fans played a big part, got behind the team unbelievably well and the players responded to that support,” he explained.

To follow up what Peter Marsden says.....
NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE LEGENDARY ULTRAS TO GET FULLY BACK IN TO SWING.........
THIS IS A RALLY CALL TO ALL ULTRAS...ESPECIALLY TO JASON....GET BACK ONTO THE CLAYTON END GUYS.......BRING OUT THE FLAGS AT OUR NEXT HOME GAME AGAINST PLYMOUTH.......SING, SHOUT AND BLOW YOUR HORNS....
AND LETS BE THAT TWELFTH MAN THAT THE SQUAD HAS BEEN MISSING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.

Stop the silly squabbling everyone and get behind the club totally.
Can I suggest that we all make a real effort to get absent friends back onto The Crown ground and ALSO TO BRING SOME NEW FOLKS ON TOO.

COME ON YOU REDS .......
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 18-09-2014 at 09:13.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2014, 09:34   #2

Re: John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

I'll be there 100% behind the team
Gooneroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 09:42   #3

Good Luck on survival i think they were sussed season after we relegated back to League 2, I really hope this doesn't end up being the season were it's a free for all for every opposition team which play you, I personally think your club deserves better than that.
Greeny likes this.
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 09:59   #4
Senior Member+

Go back to your dump town near Manchester,
Super John Coleman will be taking us up to league 1 while you scallies will be heading back to the conference.

Stanley we back!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 10:02   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
[B]
Quote from the Fishy site from Chairman Peter Marsden.......
“One of the things that was vital in getting us established in the Football League was the emergence of the Ultras. The fans played a big part, got behind the team unbelievably well and the players responded to that support,” he explained.

To follow up what Peter Marsden says.....
NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE LEGENDARY ULTRAS TO GET FULLY BACK IN TO SWING.........
THIS IS A RALLY CALL TO ALL ULTRAS...ESPECIALLY TO JASON....GET BACK ONTO THE CLAYTON END GUYS.......BRING OUT THE FLAGS AT OUR NEXT HOME GAME AGAINST PLYMOUTH.......SING, SHOUT AND BLOW YOUR HORNS....
AND LETS BE THAT TWELFTH MAN THAT THE SQUAD HAS BEEN MISSING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.

Stop the silly squabbling everyone and get behind the club totally.
Can I suggest that we all make a real effort to get absent friends back onto The Crown ground and ALSO TO BRING SOME NEW FOLKS ON TOO.

COME ON YOU REDS .......
ON STANLEY ON
As fer the ultras, everyone wi two brain cells can see Jason has been well missed, Davo, i'm sure yeh know him well, use yer influence fer some good will yeh?
Old 18-09-2014, 10:08   #6

Would love to see Jason back on the terrace.

Colour Party for the Plymouth Game
SamF likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 10:10   #7
Junior Member+

Over the moon at this appointment, the place used to be buzzing on a Saturday afternoon! Not had that for years, can't wait!
Old 18-09-2014, 10:26   #8
Senior Member+

100% behind the appointment and it will be another roller-coaster of a ride!!.
They will play long if its required but they do like to play on the deck.
At southport it would of been easier to go long and battle for survival,they didn't and got footballers in and played their way to safety(vouch for this!).
It will be interesting to see which players respond to their unconventional methods,but i expect players like Aldred to be right up their street,as they love passion.
As DAVO once said,give um ten games !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 11:39   #9

Marsden gets the utmost respect from me. He has eloquently put into words what the club has been lacking since JC's departure. It was that passion that git him hooked and he could see as much as anybody the lethargy on the Crown.

Where is that huge King Coley banner? Time to dust it of for the Cobblers!!
SamF likes this.
Old 18-09-2014, 12:02   #10

It's time now to get behind the club, managers and team as we all have a part to play in restoring some stability at the Store First Stadium. We have reached a point where the whole future of our club remaining in league two depends very heavily on belief in the management over the next eight months.

I don't give a toss about the opinions and ridiculous/nasty comments of a small minority of people who regularly post on Stanley forum, some of whom I know have only been supporters of the club a relatively short period of time.
What about the likes of Bill Parkinson and Jack Barrett who in 1967/68 created the dream of Accy Stanley returning once again to the football league. There are still people amongst the crowd on match days who have regularly supported this club through thick and thin since 1968 who haven't once posted any opinionated drivel on this forum. They are the true heroes at this club, taking whatever comes, good or bad, in their stride and just getting on with giving whoever might be in charge their full loyal support.

Over the past six days, there have been some very foolish remarks made on here. I am very interested to know if these people are prepared to stand by what they have said or be prepared to bear the embarrassment of not backing up their words with action.

Whatever happens, I'll be there.

On Stanley On
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 12:15   #11
Senior Member+

Not being a football fan and I don't know much about the game so I can't post anything constructive about Accrington Stanley.
What I can do is wish the Club, Manager, players and all involved in Stanley all the very best wishes for the future.
My late wife used to tell me about sitting on her grandfathers shoulders watching the games before the old Club collapsed.
It would be fantastic if at the end of the season the new manager got the team at least to the play offs for Div 1. You deserve it.
Greeny likes this.
Old 18-09-2014, 12:45   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
It's time now to get behind the club, managers and team
Of course we're all going to get behind the club. What do you think we're going to do - go into hiding in South America?
cashman, yonmon, Div3North and 3 others like this.
Old 18-09-2014, 13:53   #13

Wonder how much Compo we're paying..............

Club Statement - John Coleman | Sligo Rovers Football Club
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 14:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile
Wonder how much Compo we're paying..............
Too much!

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 14:53   #15
Senior Member+

A few weeks wages?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..