Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 11:37   #1
Full Member+

John Coleman at The Globe - interview

Here is the Morecambe legend giving his views on all sorts of issues :-

Shrimpsvoices ? View topic - John Coleman Interview
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2013, 12:35   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: John Coleman at The Globe - interview

Can understand him being a Morecambe Legend, seeing that Morecambe could never beat a Stanley side managed by him.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:42   #3
Senior Member+

'MISSING IT' - 'BADLY'
'DESEPRATE TO GET BACK INTO IT'
'CLIMBING THE WALLS'

Come on Peter Marsden, save our season!
madkev and Dazzagee like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
'MISSING IT' - 'BADLY'
'DESEPRATE TO GET BACK INTO IT'
'CLIMBING THE WALLS'

Come on Peter Marsden, save our season!
I think everybody knows your man love for JC, but you are getting f-in tiresome now
sparkie and jaysay like this.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 13:02   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can understand him being a Morecambe Legend, seeing that Morecambe could never beat a Stanley side managed by him.

All but a few silly young MFC fans who don't remember hard times in the NPL want Accrington to survive but I think we may have our first win over you since Twiss got 2 goals in September 2005 when we play you this month.

On the subject of legends , "Podge" has made some great strides to become a legend.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
I think everybody knows your man love for JC, but you are getting f-in tiresome now

fair enough.
But it answers some of the regular moaners on another thread who said Coley may not want to come back when most people knew he would jump at the chance.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:31   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
fair enough.
But it answers some of the regular moaners on another thread who said Coley may not want to come back when most people knew he would jump at the chance.
Because no other bloody idiot will give him a league managers job!!!
jaysay likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 13:39   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Because no other bloody idiot will give him a league managers job!!!
has he been offered one?
has he applied for one?
have you asked every league chairman?

please, state facts.
Or can we expect more of your random rants based on nothing but prejudice?
Old 06-10-2013, 13:46   #9
Senior Member+

I'm going for a round of golf and some peace and quiet... DAV007 gives me a headache ... StillI probably give him one!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 14:17   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
has he been offered one?
has he applied for one?
have you asked every league chairman?

please, state facts.
Or can we expect more of your random rants based on nothing but prejudice?
Yeh he applied fer the stanley job FACT. ask yerself why somebody yeh say is so wonderful,did NOT get it? Could it be the fact that all the good he did, which was much could not be overlooked, in other words yeh can't paper a turd.
Old 06-10-2013, 15:38   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
has he applied for one?
As cashman said he applied for the Stanley job and it's no secret he was interested in the vacancy at Carlisle.

News & Star | Carlisle United | Latest | Ex-Newcastle boss Roeder linked with Carlisle Utd manager's job
Among the other names thought to be keen are former Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels and ex-Rochdale and Accrington chief John Coleman.

Former Accrington boss John Coleman keen on Carlisle manager's job | Football News | Sky Sports

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 16:12   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
All but a few silly young MFC fans who don't remember hard times in the NPL want Accrington to survive but I think we may have our first win over you since Twiss got 2 goals in September 2005 when we play you this month.

On the subject of legends , "Podge" has made some great strides to become a legend.
Nice to hear from you again, Morecambe Red. Can always rely on you to post on here with what I always imagine is a smug grin on your face. Still, I have to congratulate the Shrimps on a great win yesterday, which just shows what's possible when you sign good mid fielders in the close season. Oh dear, there I go again, obsessing about our midfield. Better jump off my hobby horse before I drive everyone on here mad.
You will never have a better chance of nailing your hoodoo later this month, but I wouldn't bet on it if I were you!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 17:02   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Nice to hear from you again, Morecambe Red. Can always rely on you to post on here with what I always imagine is a smug grin on your face. Still, I have to congratulate the Shrimps on a great win yesterday, which just shows what's possible when you sign good mid fielders in the close season. Oh dear, there I go again, obsessing about our midfield. Better jump off my hobby horse before I drive everyone on here mad.
You will never have a better chance of nailing your hoodoo later this month, but I wouldn't bet on it if I were you!
I can assure you its not a smug grin and I want Accrington to finish above the dotted line. I'd much prefer one or preferably two of the "big" clubs to go down rather than a club I see as similar to the Shrimps.
Old 06-10-2013, 17:18   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
I can assure you its not a smug grin and I want Accrington to finish above the dotted line. I'd much prefer one or preferably two of the "big" clubs to go down rather than a club I see as similar to the Shrimps.
Good on yer, congrats on a great win yesterday.
Old 06-10-2013, 17:21   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh he applied fer the stanley job FACT. ask yerself why somebody yeh say is so wonderful,did NOT get it?
Because the Board made a mistake and appointed the wrong man?

A JC team wouldn't have such a low goal effort ratio as the current team, that's pretty much a certainty. It's impressive to talk about the newly instilled 'professionalism', but for a tinpot outfit like Stanley, professionalism and fair play are the last thing required for survival. We really need someone who knows all the 'tricks'. Someone who can duck and dive. Someone who you'd hate if you were an opposition fan, but secretly envy and wish they were working for your club. There's only one man for this job, and Davo is quite right.

I don't feel any disrespect for the current manager. He seems a decent and honest human being, who's not ready for a unique situation like that at Accrington. Nobody can blame him for that. The real mistake, in my opinion, was made at the end of last season by people who are not blameless.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..