Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 16:54   #1
God Member

John Coleman quote

"If we lose against Torquay next week, we are down"

also Kaz has concussion, big mistake letting him carry on

Mauro has a suspected fractured cheekbone and bleeding in his eye
Old 10-03-2007, 16:56   #2
God Member

Re: John Coleman quote

No keeper on the bench. Genius. Utterly genius.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 17:02   #3
I am Banned

Bloody heck doesn't make good reading at all, dont feel inspired at all. I thought it was brave of Shrek tho i dont think he had a lot of choice in the matter, he really should of gone off but with no darn goalkeeper on the bench i suppose that made it worse, wonder if any goalie is going to be fit enough for next week????

Poor mauro thats another out altho i didnt think it was as bad as that

What is coley playing at????? Gee no wonder our own players weren't inspired & why apathy with fans is getting worse even he is negative pinning all hopes on Torquay. I think a reconsideration for management if we are to stay or attempt to go back up
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 17:08   #4
God Member

I see your point Accymel but I think this is just Coley being realistic.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 17:12   #5
I am Banned

A good manager would not 'if' but would be kicking backsides into making a win happen & not taking defeat for an answer well not unless its there!! Our players look to our manager for instructions & encouragement, going off todays match that obviously hasn't happened.
Old 10-03-2007, 17:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
A good manager would not 'if' but would be kicking backsides into making a win happen & not taking defeat for an answer well not unless its there!! Our players look to our manager for instructions & encouragement, going off todays match that obviously hasn't happened.
Best for the boss to say nothing till Monday AM.Give oneself time to chill and be more proactive rather than reactive.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 17:22   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Best for the boss to say nothing till Monday AM.Give oneself time to chill and be more proactive rather than reactive.
Well he's just been quoted as saying that it sounds to me as he's given up the fight, ah well will order more fags for torquay & some tissues for either joy or the worst! Its going to be one nervy ride is that one.
Old 10-03-2007, 17:32   #8
God Member

Good point Mel..I smoked my last rolly just after the game.7 AM now so I'll twadle down to the village and repemish supplies.Think as i get through this 30 degree day looming,that I'll be dwelling too much on result, getting 'down',smoking more and consuming copious quantities of TUI.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 17:35   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
A good manager would not 'if' but would be kicking backsides into making a win happen & not taking defeat for an answer
I would suspect that JC has been doing that all season. It just hasn't worked. I'm not going to criticise the team for not being good enough. It's not their fault.

Torquay kept a clean sheet today, which is something we're incapable of doing. When you are scrapping for every point, a 1-0 win can make a real difference. We're never going to do that. We have to score 2 or 3 to even have a chance of anything. It's very poor.
Old 10-03-2007, 17:41   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Isn't that what the Ultras have been telling us......'Johnny Coleman football genius'.

I think they should revise that particular chant.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 18:15   #11

[quote=maccawozzagod;395762]"If we lose against Torquay next week, we are down"

If he said this then he is resigned to the fact that the players he stuck with wernt good enough, as he kept on telling us they were. Its not the response id be wanting if i was eric.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 20:09   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
How many times in a season does a keeper come? and we are fighting for our lives, we need all the options and i think Coley has mede the right decision to choose 5 outfield players IMO, I doubt many times in a game Coley thinks...hmm i think im gonna swap keepers, do you?

Keep The Faith!
Old 10-03-2007, 20:16   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
we are fighting for our lives, we need all the options
Yeah, Doherty everytime for me. (Do we really need a smiley)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 20:22   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Yeah, Doherty everytime for me. (Do we really need a smiley)
Over a keeper in our situation? YES! (smileys included!)
Old 10-03-2007, 20:22   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
How many times in a season does a keeper come? and we are fighting for our lives, we need all the options and i think Coley has mede the right decision to choose 5 outfield players IMO, I doubt many times in a game Coley thinks...hmm i think im gonna swap keepers, do you?

The one time he did swap keepers (Watford) he later admitted was a mistake. Just as well Man U had a spare keeper today!

When things were going so badly wrong against Bristol Rovers in December. no sub was used!!! What about the options then?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..