Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2015, 08:22   #16
God Member

Re: John Coleman talking to the BBC,

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain/Abraham Lincoln.
cashman, Barrie Yates and andyd like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2015, 10:06   #17
Senior Member+

J C is an astute manager, indeed what he said maybe correct, but sharp-witted in front of a microphone he is not, its pretty obvious the Carlisle stadium will be out of action for quite a while and under the circumstances I don't see that there was any alternative than to play their matches on neutral grounds
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 10:10   #18
Senior Member+

The apology in the open letter on fishy helps a bit, but of course it won't be reprinted on the Beeb's League 2 page so the trolls will still be on to us
Old 23-12-2015, 12:15   #19
God Member

coley is one of those people that I agree with nearly all the time but there are times he can put his foot in it regarding team selection and tactics but this one must be top of the list. as been said before our late postponments have been unlucky where two days before or after the games would have been on but Carlisle could be playing away from home well into the new year. as they have no near neighbours they have to treck 60 plus miles to see their side play. how many of us would go to say Sheffield or York for a home game. curle has no need to motivate his side on boxing day now just tell em to read the news.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 12:18   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If it bugs him that much, our management should apply to play our matches postponed at Ewood and Turf Moor, and other local pitches,instead of bitching about them poor sods.
giving our attendances nelson or ramsbottom would be better.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 12:23   #21

Smile Re: John Coleman talking to the BBC,

Well, having seen the weather forecast for Boxing Day I will be surprised...if not very happy if the game is on......as for a motivated Carlisle team, if the game is on ...bring it on....we fear no one.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 12:42   #22
God Member

Maybe Coley is letting Somerset write his speeches?
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 13:08   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Maybe Coley is letting Somerset write his speeches?
Or perhaps they are related?
andyd likes this.
Old 23-12-2015, 13:21   #24
Full Member+

Although he is doing well for Stanley this season , I have to say I am no Coleman fan because of his mouth , and yesterday was no exception , I cringed when he was on the radio moaning it wasn't fair .I see a letter of apology is on the Stanley website , just hope he thinks in future before opening his mouth , but I bet Carlisle fans are rattled.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 15:24   #25
God Member

The apology is at least damage limitation but if Coley had engaged his brain before opening his mouth it wouldn't have been needed.
I get that he was having a go at the league rather than Carlisle themselves but he needs to pick his battles, there's enough prejudice against our club as it is without stirring up a whole lot of bad feeling especially about such an emotive subject - it's gonna take some living down
cashman, Greeny, andyd and 1 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 18:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well, having seen the weather forecast for Boxing Day I will be surprised...if not very happy if the game is on......as for a motivated Carlisle team, if the game is on ...bring it on....we fear no one.....
Carlise have sold 1,123 tickets at close of buisness today which if the game is off which it could well be with 60-80mm of rain forecast for Boxing day it will be an awful shame,as for JC I asked for your thoughts here,s mine complete tool and does,nt do our public profile as a club any favours might come back to bite him on the bum in the future.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 19:24   #27
Full Member+

What is the club thinking, allowing an 'apology' where JC carries on his moaning complaint?

He should have apologised and left it at that, it is a shame it is on the official website. Not a good start for the new CE.
cashman likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 19:38   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not even remotely part of what has been said

There's a further update on the fishy site

Open letter from John Coleman ? Accrington Stanley FC
I didn't say it was said did I, but that would be the obvious result of not being able to play at home? Didn't JC complain about not being able to pay wages after the Burton game was called off? Therefore he should know better.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 08:20   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
The apology in the open letter on fishy helps a bit, but of course it won't be reprinted on the Beeb's League 2 page so the trolls will still be on to us
I'm not often right, but I was wrong this time
Old 24-12-2015, 09:38   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'm not often right, but I was wrong this time
that sounds like the statement that Coley should have made
Chimer and Greeny like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..