Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2015, 05:38   #31
God Member

Re: Josh Windass!

Windass was on a 2 year contract IIRC.
Old 13-11-2015, 06:56   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I know we can't afford to pay silly wages and hand these longer term contracts around like we're handing out candy to kids.....but surely it would make sense to protect our interests when it comes to promising talent ?????

(
But when they sign those contracts in the first place are the club not taking a chance on them ? They aren't million pound players when they first sign, otherwise they wouldn't be signing. As the youth scheme in this country shows the potential of players at a young age rarely materialises. Many of them end up on the scrap heap. Like you said with the club on a more financial footing the club may take more of a chance on the odd one or two, but that can only happen going forward now, the current crop can only be asked and persuaded to sign again, that depends if they listen to those who have given them a chance or those who want to make money out of them
AccyMad, baldy, Kiwi John and 1 others like this.
Old 15-11-2015, 10:42   #33
Senior Member+

Wolverhampton wanderers have been watching Josh
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 06:25   #34
I am Banned

His dad's told him to reject renewal offer
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 08:42   #35
I am Banned

Dean Windass: I've told son Josh to turn down new contract offer from Accrington Stanley | Hull Daily Mail
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 08:57   #36

He's been offered a new contract by Accrington and I have told him as his father to turn it down. His agent has said the same thing.

Josh loves it at Accrington and he loves the dressing room environment there, which is important for a player, but unless Accrington turn down an offer for him in January, which I cannot see them doing, then he will be moving on.

There will be a firm bid for him this week from a club and I'm sure more will be known soon.

Daddy seems pretty confident he's going in January
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 09:17   #37
God Member

Daddy seems pretty confident he's going in January[/QUOTE]

so am I. a division 2 club cannot hope to keep young talent for ever. its about what we can get and what replacements can be obtained. hopefully the days have gone when players leave Stanley for peanuts. matt crookes will be next unfortunately but that's the way of things at our level.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 09:32   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
He's been offered a new contract by Accrington and I have told him as his father to turn it down. His agent has said the same thing.

Josh loves it at Accrington and he loves the dressing room environment there, which is important for a player, but unless Accrington turn down an offer for him in January, which I cannot see them doing, then he will be moving on.

There will be a firm bid for him this week from a club and I'm sure more will be known soon.

Daddy seems pretty confident he's going in January
Wonder if that club could be Hull City.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 12:10   #39
God Member

I think maybe Daddy should keep his opinions to himself, or at least out of the papers - all this hype can't be doing Josh much good at the moment & would hate to see it affect his play
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 14:24   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think maybe Daddy should keep his opinions to himself, or at least out of the papers - all this hype can't be doing Josh much good at the moment & would hate to see it affect his play
Personally I think all this hype is already affecting his game. Against Newport, he looked out of sorts and not the dynamic player we know he can be. As for Dean Windass saying he needs game time, does he not realise that he gets that at Stanley, whereas if and when he moves on, he isn't going to be first choice and more than likely warming the bench.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 14:40   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think maybe Daddy should keep his opinions to himself, or at least out of the papers -
Totally agree, but it's no coincidence there is no 'nancy-boy' Premier football around at the moment so the football me-jah are desperate for anything that passes for 'news'. It reminds of the 'news' taken word for word from estate agents' press releases that house prices are on the rise.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 16:12   #42
God Member

Personally I think Windass senior is out of order, his comments are so disrespectful to the club - Josh obviously enjoys being at Stanley & should be encouraged by his family to do that, I'm not naïve enough to not know that sometime Josh will probably move on to higher things & I'm sure the club wouldn't stand in his way but it has to be the right move at the right time for both parties & all the manouvering his dad is trying to do leaves a very bad taste - maybe he's trying to relive his own career through Josh? Certainly seems that way!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 17:08   #43

Being exiled down south I haven't seen enough to judge whether the hype is justified just yet. However, if I were his Dad I might be thinking an out of contract Josh would perhaps increase his attraction to more clubs. Then again, what might be said to/overheard by a tripehound isn't guaranteed to be what appears in print. Coley knows the score and I admit to a quiet smile at his opening stance of 'nobody leaves January'.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 18:24   #44
Senior Member+

I have it on very good authority that Windass snr is a complete tool and I personally find his comments at best disrespectful towards a club that gave his son an opportunity. Sadly you can't buy brains!
Old 16-11-2015, 19:34   #45
Senior Member+

Middlesbrough the latest club to be linked with josh windass
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..