Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2015, 07:56   #76
God Member

Re: Josh Windass!

I.ve looked in my crystal ball and it say,s we,ll know one way or,tother come January.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2015, 19:43   #77
God Member

I hope he does go, it doesnt take much for a lower level player's stock to fall. AND we do need the money. Stanley have never had that kind of cash in the bank and I think we could spend it very wisely to set ourselves up for years.

It would be sad if a talented team fell apart because of the loss of 1 player but I think Mr Holt will work wonders with a million in the bank
Old 02-12-2015, 21:31   #78
Senior Member+

it looks like Josh & Matt are both wanted by Rangers, the choice is get some cash now or keep them and try for a promotion push, I think they will most probably go and we will lose the fluency established within the team this season
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 22:08   #79
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
it looks like Josh & Matt are both wanted by Rangers, the choice is get some cash now or keep them and try for a promotion push, I think they will most probably go and we will lose the fluency established within the team this season
NewsNow: Loading story... Backwards step in my book and do rangers have the kinda money the pair would cost to buy ie £2/3million,better going to a championship team in my book but only if they let them help Stanley gain promotion.....
Old 03-12-2015, 00:23   #80
Full Member+

Sadly, I think it is inevitable the club will have to cash in and grab the money while it is there to be grabbed. Better that, than gamble on getting a "fair" deal from a tribunal.

I hope that when the club eventually negotiates the sale of these assets, they make sure that there are hefty sell on clauses of all sorts...... added on to the deals...... to make sure we ain't getting short changed for lads who I have no doubt will eventually play at the top level of the game.

Potentially, the loss of these two could de-rail our promotion drive...We have to weigh up potentially losing those two key players against keeping them and potentially getting promoted to League One....which is predominately Northern based with all the extra T.V money, gate receipts, prize money....etc, etc, etc

At the same time, I hope this scenario....predicament.....or whatever you wish to call it...... is an educational lesson. If some learning curve has to be observed, we don't allow this scenario to arise again in the future. If we do manage to unearth other gems in the future.....we have the foresight to offer them longer term contracts that mean we have more leverage when the bigger clubs come sniffing around.

Crewe Alex are a shining beacon in this particular sphere. Look how succesfull they have been!!!

We have a youth team that has already produced some decent players and promises some more bright young things in the future. We have a manager who, whilst I don't always agree with him, has an eye for a bargain and talent.

If the lads who are to be sold, fetch reasonable money and have the potential to raise more in the future (ala Brett Ormerod) then I'm sure we'll all be happy.....

But in MY opinion.....we've got to start securing our better prospects on longer deals and better terms....in order to get better deals...when the bigger clubs come to dine from our table...

One can only imagine the sort of transfer fees we'd be receiving for players like Josh Windass & Matt Crooks if their contracts weren't up in the coming summer.

Those sort of funds would truly secure the clubs future in terms of multiple years and not just the short term.....
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44   #81
I am Banned

Hopefully if we get promotion this year it may be an incentive for players like josh to stay with the club
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:07   #82
I am Banned

Rumor going round that josh windass was glassed by Sheffield uniteds Jose Baxter in Dublin
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:11   #83
God Member

But in MY opinion.....we've got to start securing our better prospects on longer deals and better terms....in order to get better deals...when the bigger clubs come to dine from our table...

One can only imagine the sort of transfer fees we'd be receiving for players like Josh Windass & Matt Crooks if their contracts weren't up in the coming summer

its easier said than done as players seem to be loathed to sign longer contracts when clubs are sniffing around for them. the facts are that we are like everyother club in the 4th. tier of football a selling club. you cant hold onto players as I am sure everyone wants to play at a higher level and for the most money they can get. its not the case of greedy footballers as most of us have left jobs they like for promotion and more money. we and I,m sure coley is looking for possible replacements for any player who leaves as a drop in form in the new year would certainly see gates dropping as fans would show their disappointment. lets enjoy what we,ve got whilst we can and give anyone our best wishes in their future careers.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:40   #84

There was nearly a riot on here when Crooks signed an 18 month deal - just imagine if it had been a 5 year one

Just goes to show what we know................
baldy, maccawozzagod and yonmon like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 17:03   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
There was nearly a riot on here when Crooks signed an 18 month deal - just imagine if it had been a 5 year one

An excellent post
baldy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 20:01   #86
Full Member+

Well you should have studied harder and got your badges. I could see it all along.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 20:02   #87
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Rumor going round that josh windass was glassed by Sheffield uniteds Jose Baxter in Dublin
I hope this is not true,
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 21:28   #88

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the most logical idea. Sell them with the condition they're loaned back to us for the rest of the season. The player's get game time insteadof being sat on the bench and we claim the maximum fee.

As a famous meerkat once said. Simples!!!!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:18   #89
God Member

All dependant on the buyer

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 23:10   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post

That is one of the best post in a long time, everyone near on slated crooks when he was here first time around! And now the ones who slated him sing his praise! He is a quality player for Accrington and long may that continue
AccyMad and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..