Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 00:04   #91

Re: Josh Windass!

Let's just say. I've been unhappy when various Stanley players have missed a penalty or missed an open goal, or given a away a penalty, or made a mistake in defence resulting in a goal which leads to losing three points or resulting in a cup exit...... But! ..... I've never been happier when that awfull awfull player just goes and proves HE HAS THAT TALENT....NO NAMES NEEDED.... So let's just wish the current crop of players GOOD LUCK TOMORROW IN THE FA CUP! 😀😀😀
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2015, 02:02   #92
God Member

Just take the money and run ASFC..it may cost us a playoff spot, and to bad about my $5 @$15/1 to make the play offs, but our future as a viable entity would be assured for sometime.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:06   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
That is one of the best post in a long time, everyone near on slated crooks when he was here first time around! And now the ones who slated him sing his praise! He is a quality player for Accrington and long may that continue
True, & must admit I was gobsmacked when we signed him up but obviously I couldn't see the wood for the trees at that point. I think it showed a lot of character for Crooksy to want to come here knowing the stick he'd had first time round & that did make me start to warm to the lad & then when he started to play so well (once he was in right position),well the rest is history - love him & would be gutted if he left in January
keep the faith likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:31   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
That is one of the best post in a long time, everyone near on slated crooks when he was here first time around! And now the ones who slated him sing his praise! He is a quality player for Accrington and long may that continue
Heres one that didn't, I slated the manager fer playing him out of position, but most of the arse lickers couldn't see that fact.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:16   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Heres one that didn't, I slated the manager fer playing him out of position, but most of the arse lickers couldn't see that fact.
Cashman for England job!!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Just take the money and run ASFC..it may cost us a playoff spot, and to bad about my $5 @$15/1 to make the play offs, but our future as a viable entity would be assured for sometime.
how much would we gain by betting promotion. with a mostly northern division I could see gates regularly double what we get at the moment. this as got to be measured against what we,d get for a player in January or end of season tribunal. just because there is some undisclosed fee in the bank there is no guarantee it will be spent wisely or too our liking as fans.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:33   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Cashman for England job!!
baldy fer arse licker of the year.
smudgie likes this.
Old 05-12-2015, 13:22   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
how much would we gain by betting promotion. with a mostly northern division I could see gates regularly double what we get at the moment. this as got to be measured against what we,d get for a player in January or end of season tribunal. just because there is some undisclosed fee in the bank there is no guarantee it will be spent wisely or too our liking as fans.
well assuming a 1500 person hike at the gate
multiplied by 23 home games
multiplied by £15 per person
equals £517,500

if there's a million on offer I'd take it. No guarantee's of promotion either way so take what's available when it's available
Old 06-12-2015, 08:55   #99
God Member

if there's a million on offer I'd take it. No guarantee's of promotion either way so take what's available when it's available[/QUOTE]

that's a big if. I personally think we,d be very lucky to get that amount for both josh and matt. neither player is the finished article and both are still young and learning their trade. remember 12 months ago not many were happy to see either in the side. if both improve with us to the extent they have then the price would certainly go up . no point warming the bench at a championship club apart from the financial side to them. its certainly going to be an interesting few months in prospect at the crown.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 19:33   #100
Senior Member+

Purely in 'Football Terms' I would rather that somehow we kept both of these lads so that we could continue to watch the superb passing, entertaining football that we have witnessed so far this season!.....
In my own dreamland of course!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 15:03   #101
God Member

Kal Naismith: Josh spent a summer in gym and turned into a.. wind machine
Old 08-12-2015, 02:14   #102
Full Member+

Well after reading that article and Kal Naismith singing his praises....If we are to lose Josh in the none too distant....I'd sooner we sell to a club like Rangers (or one of similar stature ) for a decent fee ( £500k+) with a load of healthy sell on clauses attached....than let him go to a club of Arsenal's size.....

He wouldn't get into Arsenal's first team squad ( at the moment!! ).....and it would make more sense for the lad's career progression and our financial position..... if he went to a club...... where he could carry on progressing. Should he continue to improve and reach the heights many think he's capable of.....maybe he'd earn us an "in-direct" bumper payday from a future move to a bigger club after he's proved himself at a club like Rangers..(a.l.a. Brett Ormerod & the Blackpool move)

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:22   #103
God Member

Phew, for a second I thought he may have spent summer working at Heinz.
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 21:34   #104
God Member

There was a report this morning (scottish herald i think) where they seemed to think they could have Windass AND Crooks for 500k. AND due to us no longer being in for a 3rd round windfall we are ready to deal
Old 08-12-2015, 22:01   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
There was a report this morning (scottish herald i think) where they seemed to think they could have Windass AND Crooks for 500k. AND due to us no longer being in for a 3rd round windfall we are ready to deal
My opinion rob is thats the usual Press Bullshine.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..