Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 15:29   #1
Full Member
 
Jim Procter's Avatar
 

Josh Windass

Did any of you notice that Josh was in the Glasgow Rangers starting team on Saturday Looks like he's going to make a big success of his career. I wish him well
Chrisr likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2016, 16:11   #2
Full Member+
 

Re: Josh Windass

Any news on Matt Crooks?
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 18:47   #3
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Did any of you notice that Josh was in the Glasgow Rangers starting team on Saturday Looks like he's going to make a big success of his career. I wish him well
Not only in the team but he had a hand, or at least a foot, in each of the 'Gers goals. There are highlights on the BBC football page under Scottish football, etc, etc.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 02-11-2016 at 18:49.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:27   #4
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Josh Windass

Cheers Exile wasn't aware of that, great through ball from joss fer the first goal.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:29   #5
Senior Member
 
deeayess's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Josh looks really good in patches but can be a bit inconsistent with his decision making sometimes. He is playing in a 3 man midfield but tends to drift forward leaving the midfield a bit short but then he is more a forward than midfielder. I think he can be a really good player if he continues to develop.

Matt has only had a couple of sub appearances in the first team but not looked too spectacular which is to be expected given the length of time he has been out. Word is he hasn't been spectacular in the under 20s but match fitness will be a problem anyway. The fans have high hopes for him so it could get dodgy if he doesn't live up to expectations.
Chrisr likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:39   #6
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Josh Windass

I think both can become good uns at that level, Joss if he becomes more consistent, Matty if his health holds up.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:44   #7
Senior Member+
 

Re: Josh Windass

Deeayess,if you remember when he first come to Acci he was tried in centre mid,then right/left wing,but once he settled in behind the front man and didn't have to track runners his career really took off.
You don't realise how quick he is and fantastic technical ability.
Going against my principles,I would build a team around him,I rate him that highly.
Don't over coach him,just let him do his stuff !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:47   #8
Senior Member
 
deeayess's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think both can become good uns at that level, Joss if he becomes more consistent, Matty if his health holds up.
I would like to think so as they are good guys but playing at clubs like Rangers and Celtic carries a lot of pressure to succeed. More so Rangers just now given the way they are struggling this season.

The game last Wednesday against St Johnstone was awful and the team were booed off at the end by some fans and the manager was getting dogs abuse online by some fans.

Its a bit like the Newport game on a far bigger scale I would think
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 19:51   #9
Senior Member
 
deeayess's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Deeayess,if you remember when he first come to Acci he was tried in centre mid,then right/left wing,but once he settled in behind the front man and didn't have to track runners his career really took off.
You don't realise how quick he is and fantastic technical ability.
Going against my principles,I would build a team around him,I rate him that highly.
Don't over coach him,just let him do his stuff !!!
I agree but Mark Warburton doesn't seem to agree with us. The game can be a lot more physical up here and can also be faster paced but less skillful.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 17:50   #10
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Josh looks really good in patches but can be a bit inconsistent with his decision making sometimes. He is playing in a 3 man midfield but tends to drift forward leaving the midfield a bit short but then he is more a forward than midfielder. I think he can be a really good player if he continues to develop.

Matt has only had a couple of sub appearances in the first team but not looked too spectacular which is to be expected given the length of time he has been out. Word is he hasn't been spectacular in the under 20s but match fitness will be a problem anyway. The fans have high hopes for him so it could get dodgy if he doesn't live up to expectations.
Crooksy needs to come to us on loan in Jan, get back his fitness and confidence....

AccyMad, cashman, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
__________________
JCFG



308
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:08   #11
Senior Member
 
deeayess's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Crooksy needs to come to us on loan in Jan, get back his fitness and confidence....

Again I would agree but then I'm biased . There is a lot of pressure on him to do well from the fans so if he plays and doesn't perform well it won't do his confidence any good.

Hopefully Rangers have forgotten all the things they were called when they signed him
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:28   #12
Senior Member+
 
DAV007's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

I fully expect Crooks to be the player who goes on to play in the English premier league.
cashman likes this.
__________________
Cashman - 2014 ASFC Fan Of The Year
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:38   #13
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I fully expect Crooks to be the player who goes on to play in the English premier league.
That wouldn't surprise me at all dav.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 22:12   #14
Full Member+
 
Lord Didsbury's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Crooks looked like a class act to me, far too good for Div 2. but he reminded me of John Sheridan. Sheridan was the best player I ever saw outside the top division. But he lacked the speed and presence against better players.

What's your thoughts on Beckles and Matty P? Beckles looks like he could, given time, play at any level. Matty P possibly.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 22:40   #15
Senior Member+
 
Chimer's Avatar
 

Re: Josh Windass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I fully expect Crooks to be the player who goes on to play in the English premier league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all dav.
See - they don't always rubbish everything the other one says
Lord Didsbury likes this.
__________________
Zero Tolerance of Intolerance
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.40363 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1