Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 09:38   #1

Junior Cup Final

First can I say what a pain it has been to post on this site!
Why no official site as before?

Regarding last night at Christie Park.

Whilst I applaud your Manager on Radio Lancs that the best team won over the 2 legs, I CANNOT condone his antics during and certainly after the game. Your club deserve much better from someone who as a player I and other Morecambe supporters HAD tremendous respect for. Unfortunately that does not extend to him as a Manager. His constant questioning of every referees judgement that went against you was bad enough, but his disgraceful behaviour after the game when he verbally abused the officials who had to call for ground security to hold him back was totally unacceptable.

I'm afraid that unless Mr Coleman alters his ways, your fine club and excellant supporters will be tarnished. It is no suprise that you have the worst record in the Conf, if your Manager acts like that all the time. You cannot constantly blame officials for lack of discipline on the part of your players. Discipline is something that is the responsibility of the Manager.

Last nights sending offs were ALL justified. The referee did well considering it was his biggest game to date. What a pity his lasting memories are of a Manager completely loosing it.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2004, 11:32   #2
God Member

Re: Junior Cup Final

Moan moan moan moan moan.... And you won ?
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 15:18   #3
Senior Member+

unless your related to the ref?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 15:35   #4
Senior Member+

I think CC makes some very valid comments and nobody can argue with the fact that JC hasn't led from the front on the discipline issues this season.

Having said that, hopefully he too has learnt from the mistakes and these unsavoury incidents will become more and more infrequent.
Old 07-04-2004, 16:03   #5
God Member

Valid points? i didn't see any point to his post other than to moan. He even moaned about having to sign up for a moan. I can go to any club in this country and find some valid point to moan about.. Doesn't mean i am going to go find there MB and moan like an old washer women.

Moan moan moan moan.
Old 07-04-2004, 16:11   #6
Senior Member+

I thought the points CC makes about JC not setting a good example to the players and that his behaviour does not represent the club in the way it should be, are extremely valid points.

It's hard to argue against those points, especially as they are true.
Old 07-04-2004, 16:28   #7

Reply to KIPAX

Sorry to see that you find my comments to be nothing more than a moan! From your replies I assume that you agree with Mr Coleman's antics this season, both on and off the field?
Old 07-04-2004, 17:48   #8
God Member

John Coleman took us into the Unibond premiership. he then took us to the Conference where he has kept us in a top ten position (with a part time team) and he has took us to numerous cup finals along the way.. Most we won. A fantastic FA cup run should also be mentioned..

I for one will be giving thanks to John Coleman (and Jimmy Bell) at the end of this season for what they have done for Accrington Stanley and I hope he will take us on to better things next season.

THREE CHEERS FOR JOHN COLEMAN! and JIMMY BELL
Old 07-04-2004, 19:42   #9

Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray , Hip Hip Hooray
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 23:29   #10
Senior Member+

Couldnt agree more Mr Kipax, John played his football the same way he manages, with passion, we need some heart in football and a lot less moaning. When cur alex starts on refs its his passion for the game and yes he has been sent off this year. I dont think he should be held as an example to the young he's a football manager and Im sure his primary school kids dont go to the games, so in my opinion I say get off his back and let him continue to bring success to ASFC.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:16   #11
Senior Member+

one good thing cam outta the other night, that lucky ****** won £800
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:03   #12
Senior Member+

Hip Hip Hooray..........Hip Hip Hooray..............Hip Hip Hooray.......
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:08   #13

I too congratulated JC on getting you into the Conf. That's not the issue.

The issue is the way he conducts himself regarding disciplinary issues. Surely as a true Accy fan you cannot condone that? Even JC admits that there is a problem.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:27   #14
God Member

Who are you.. His Mum ?

Moan moan moan moan
Old 08-04-2004, 09:29   #15

lol. Go, Kipax. Go, Kipax.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..