Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 10:13   #1
Junior Member+

Junior Reds

What happened? They took the kids money and then nothing? My little boy keeps asking about it.
asda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2004, 17:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Junior Reds

Have to agree it's a slow burner this one.Maybe it's because it started close to end of season? Can't really grumble at the joining fee and the hat though
Old 08-04-2004, 17:30   #3
Senior Member+

the hat was worth the fiver
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 19:09   #4
Senior Member+

My little 'un's hat is bigger than mine and a better fit....hmmmm
Old 09-04-2004, 10:25   #5

As elected treasurer of the Junior Red's can I put you all in the picture.

The total membership is only 24 so far.
Obviously this is only providing limited funds to do anything with.
We where hoping for a better response but like you say end of season is nigh and maybe we will be able to sign more members at the beginning of next season.
We where hoping to arrange a trip to the football museum over Easter but funds and other problems arose.

Because the membership are all 12 and under I mentioned to the Junior Red's chairman that all committee members may have to undergo police checks before we plan any excursions of any sort. Safety of your children is obviously paramount and we wish no harm whatsoever to come to them. As you will be aware from the past with the deaths of Holly & Jessica no one would want to put their children in that sort of position.
The Junior Red's chairman Tony and Stan the monkey have already had the police checks and have paper work to prove it (they both have previously worked with boy scouts so had to have the checks done then). The chairman is looking into whether or not all committee members would need to have the checks done. Until we ascertain the proper facts we daren't risk any trips or activities.

Once again may I point out that the safety of your kids is absolutely paramount
Bottletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:51   #6
God Member

Quote:
The total membership is only 24 so far.
So is there anything at all planned for those 24 members? Sorry just askin You don't need safety certificates to have a junior-reds player of the season vote and one of them present the trophy.. or to have penealty shootouts at games with mascots or for loads of other things... You don't need money or safety checks to do a whole host of things for junior-reds

Sorry i aint knocking anyone mate... please dont take the above the wrong way... please!

Old 09-04-2004, 10:57   #7

Haven't taken it the wrong way Kipax, you are right there are things that can be done without money but thats upto the committee members, I'm only in charge of the accounts it's up to the others to sort thing out
Old 09-04-2004, 17:13   #8
Senior Member+

Maybe an advert or a mention in the Observer would drum up some more members....or promote it at the Stanley Soccer School next week,that's a captive audience if ever there was one!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:40   #9
I am Banned

Yep Shame On Those 24 Members Offer Mebers 2 Free Tickets And A Hat For 7.50 Ehh That Ant to Shabby?
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 09:14   #10
Junior Member+

What 2 free tickets? The hat was good value but what about everything else the children have been told that never transpired? I have been talking to other fans and the reason junior reds only have 24 members is simple. They have not asked for any more.

Last home game of the season. Will junior reds even show up? What about it ?

Good call Lindsay Was anyone from junior reds at the soccer school or just not interested.
asda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 10:25   #11

stanley4life where do you get £7.50 from?
membership fee for junior reds is £5 per year. There is no mention of any free tickets.
Take a look on the official stanley website junior red's section for the proper info
get your facts right before posting crap in future.
Old 17-04-2004, 16:51   #12
Senior Member+

whens the next subcroption due vic?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 20:37   #13
Junior Member+

Exclamation Re: Junior Reds

Quite a strong message there vic, might i add that i signed up my young sister on the promo day at the ground...it made her day...only the other day she and a friend got taken to th e playing fields on thornyholme road to watch the squad train.

A friend introduced the girls to the manager an d a few players...
I wil tell you now, it is as happy as i have seen her in a long time...

My question is...should that not be the job of the junion reds board to keep this membership intresting and attractive?

It's fine hiding behind legal red tape...but they are young,keen and deserve to be treated better...as at the end of the day they're te future of this club.
powerwash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 21:52   #14
Senior Member+

It's no wonder the kids are just queuing up to join the Junior Reds club when the officials are of this caliber.
Old 18-04-2004, 10:02   #15
God Member

Quote:
as at the end of the day they're te future of this club.
Which is the whole reason the club was formed... Some good ideas about in this thread.. non of which require money or security thingies.

Just my opinions anyway... hope there not taken the wrong way
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..