Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2015, 12:30   #16
God Member

Re: Kaid Mohamed

Or just a realist who'd rather be playing football than driving up and down the M6.
From the little I saw of him I don't think he offered anything more that the existing squad, but good luck to him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2015, 12:34   #17
God Member

Maybe but he hardly gave it time did he - he's only been here two minutes, surely he knew the distance he'd be travelling before he signed? Seems he expected to be in the team from the off & when that didn't happen he hopped it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:50   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought the lad was worth a start, but no doubt the ass kissers will disagree.
Old 03-11-2015, 13:11   #19
Senior Member+

to be honest i think he was looking to play games before he got fixed up with a league club in January.
I read it on a football league forum before he even played a game for us and they were confused as to how we signed him !!
Looks like they were correct
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 16:05   #20

Shame he came now we're out of the JPT. That would've been his best avenue to showcasing his talents and earning starting place at the moment, given the league table.
Old 03-11-2015, 16:54   #21
God Member

That's always supposing he'd have been eligible to play in the JPT . . . . . . . could've opened a can of worms again?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Mcconville has been playing well the last few weeks!

Scored 3 goals so far, which over a season that ratio would be around 10 goals, not bad for a midfielder!

Also 2 of his 3 goals have been winning goals, without them goals we would be 13th in the league!
Sorry - have to disagree. I wonder how many Bruna or McCartan might have scored if they had been given the same amount of game time. Indeed I wonder if the team may have scored more thanks to a greater number of assists. I know - it's speculation. Coley is always talking of wanting players who are young and hungry. I think that both Bruna and McCartan fit more into that category than McConville. Just my opinion.
Redraine and cashman like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:01   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry - have to disagree. I wonder how many Bruna or McCartan might have scored if they had been given the same amount of game time. Indeed I wonder if the team may have scored more thanks to a greater number of assists. I know - it's speculation. Coley is always talking of wanting players who are young and hungry. I think that both Bruna and McCartan fit more into that category than McConville. Just my opinion.
Agreed. He may have scored a magnificent total of 3 goals but the number of misses he has managed from great positions is appalling in just the games I have seen, and that's not counting his penalty efforts! Reports from games down south which I have not attended suggest the same. In my opinion he is being carried by the rest of the team, and had either Bruna or McCarten been given the opportunities he has had we would probably be clear at the top of the league by now. Opinions, opinions!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:29   #24

Sean has been easily in the top 3 for consistent performances over the last four to five weeks an indeed looks a much better player an much improved from his previous spell IMO , always looks a threat an always looks like he will score goals, also him an Pierros work rate down each side is a joy to watch at the minute, long may it continue.
baldy likes this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:50   #25

Also has 5 assists this season.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 14:27   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

In fairness he has been playing better lately, but its about time,
Old 04-11-2015, 15:28   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Sean has been easily in the top 3 for consistent performances over the last four to five weeks
Agreed. Consistently mediocre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
looks a much better player an much improved from his previous spell IMO
Delete the two "much" and then I would possibly agree - but only possibly.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 16:34   #28
Senior Member+

If people insist on giving Bruna or McCaratan a start then why not drop Piero?

Afterall he has scored less than "Golden Boy"
pidge likes this.
Old 04-11-2015, 16:49   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If yeh think pierros performances have been consistently worse than super mac, yer even dafter than i gave yeh credit for.
Redraine likes this.
Old 04-11-2015, 17:31   #30
Senior Member+

I never questioned Pieros performances but Sean has scored 2 more goals than him.

How bad must Piero be if people are thinking how many more goals Bruna/McCartan and the rest of the team could have got had Sean not been playing!
Red-Osbornello and pidge like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..