Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 14:54   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Kenny Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Confirmed on fishy site,
Big loss for us.
Huge Loss, n due to the tin pot way the club is run, "Out Of Contract" as are other of our better players- nowt for him.
Old 09-06-2009, 15:02   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Huge Loss, n due to the tin pot way the club is run, "Out Of Contract" as are other of our better players- nowt for him.

Correct Cashman it sums up the whole sorry mess
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 15:54   #18
God Member

Just gutted really, what else can anybody say. Pity we could not have have a while longer to maybe sort something out, but..... Good luck Kenny, it just will not be the same without "Kenny Arthur's hard as nails .................................

Just wonder how many of the Rochdale team that come to us next season will be ours????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 16:17   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

We knew it would happen but to Rochdale it is hard to take. There will be more not leaving because Stanleys policy of not signing players up until 1st Aug to avoid paying them for June, July means all the good ones will be snapped up and we get the left-overs, be prepared to lose Edwards and Ryan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 16:19   #20
Junior Member+

Sad sad day, not unexpected I guess though. Will miss him, quality keeper. Replacements? Not a lot around, but that Sam Russell who played for them against us was released a few weeks back and doesn't have a club I don't think. Not as good as Kenny, but probably as good as it gets given the financial constraints.
lancsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 16:36   #21

Thumbs down Re: Kenny Arthur

well well all i can say is ew out stap killing the club. thats what you get with 1 year contracts what a bing los . still got bovs
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 17:33   #22
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

words fail me on this sad day!! I hope the powers that be can have the courage to come on here and tell us why they have let this happen,not happy one bit over this the tax or the betting job. You the club owe it to us the fans to keep our best players don't forget i've already payed like others good money for next years season tickets,and all we get is betrail,not happy one bit... on a nother note good look king kenny ANY COMMENTS SR
Old 09-06-2009, 17:38   #23
Senior Member+

Don't you think that repaying the tax debt and losing these players are related in some way??
Old 09-06-2009, 17:52   #24
Accy Red

Gets me that Cav and Rocky still have contracts through the summer but Kennys ended on the 1st June.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-06-2009, 17:56   #25
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Don't you think that repaying the tax debt and losing these players are related in some way??
Sure do TM ...gross missconduct on the higher management and not JC & JB before anyone says.still not happy and just told my youngest and hes deverstated Kenny is one of his faverate players

Last edited by mab; 09-06-2009 at 17:59.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 17:58   #26
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Gets me that Cav and Rocky still have contracts through the summer but Kennys ended on the 1st June.
who are they? that should tell you something!! and im not getting at you Baggy
Old 09-06-2009, 18:02   #27
God Member

Kenny is joining Rochdale on 1st July... that would imply that his contract ends on 30th June.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 18:04   #28
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Kenny is joining Rochdale on 1st July... that would imply that his contract ends on 30th June.
It doesn't, his contract ended 1st June, I know!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 18:05   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
With a bloke offering to stump up £250K, the tax bill should not be affecting players.....

Old 09-06-2009, 18:06   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Somebody pointed out to me earlier - Jeff I think - that contracts run until 30th June...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..