Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 18:06   #31
God Member

Re: Kenny Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It doesn't, his contract ended 1st June, I know!!!
I wonder why his contract at Rochdale doesn't commence until 1st July then.

Crikey, there's more people in the know on this messageboard than at the club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2009, 18:07   #32
God Member

Quote:
Gets me that Cav and Rocky still have contracts through the summer but Kennys ended on the 1st June.

To be fair EW has said publicly that He oblects to paying both Cav and Rocky with what is hanging over them.............however that is besides the point,we should at the very least be able to hang on to our current players,instead of which,we have to watch them walk away, not blaming the player(s), and get nothing out of the bloody deal!..........Very sad state of affairs me thinks

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 18:08   #33
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Kenny should have been offered a new contract as soon as he was fit enough after the broken leg, then if someone came in for him we would get a fee, once again poor business.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 18:08   #34
God Member

As Doug used to put it; *^&*^#%(^%#$^&*(&*)&.
Good luck Kenny.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 18:11   #35
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Somebody pointed out to me earlier - Jeff I think - that contracts run until 30th June...
Jeff doesn't work for the club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-06-2009, 18:13   #36
God Member

Quote:
Kenny should have been offered a new contract as soon as he was fit enough after the broken leg, then if someone came in for him we would get a fee, once again poor business.
Isn't that rule just for players under 24 years of age? I think lancsdave posted the rule somewhere before... I'll have a snoop.
Old 09-06-2009, 18:13   #37
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That I don't know, maybe he starts his holidays next week, the contract is between Kenny and Rochdale maybe July 1st was one of the terms.

Old 09-06-2009, 18:15   #38
Accy Red

Quote:
Isn't that rule just for players under 24 years of age? I think lancsdave posted the rule somewhere before... I'll have a snoop.
You have a point there.

Old 09-06-2009, 18:31   #39
God Member

Quote:
That I don't know, maybe he starts his holidays next week, the contract is between Kenny and Rochdale maybe July 1st was one of the terms.
I notice Wiseman's contract begins on 1st July too. It's probably just Rochdale's contract policy if Kenny's contract did indeed end earlier this month.

Last edited by shakermaker; 09-06-2009 at 18:33.
Old 09-06-2009, 18:52   #40
Senior Member+

He joins on 1st of July because thats the offical transfer opening. Also if a player is under 24 then a club is entiltled compensation if he moves clubs due to not being offered a greater or equal deal to the one he is currently contracted to.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 18:53   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Crikey, there's more people in the know on this messageboard than at the club.
not really a case of that shaker, more a case of the club tell the paying public sod all.
Old 09-06-2009, 19:04   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
He joins on 1st of July because thats the offical transfer opening. Also if a player is under 24 then a club is entiltled compensation if he moves clubs due to not being offered a greater or equal deal to the one he is currently contracted to.
furrymuff.
Old 09-06-2009, 19:24   #43
Super Moderator

Mr T & SR together

King Kenny is an Accy player until the 30th June (as are ALL contracted players, Andy Smith and Colin M) From the 1st of july the MAY sign for other clubs OR accept new deals elsewhere. Thats how contracts work. He could have said he had no club and then had an additional month of pay from Accy and then signed for another club on the 1st August, so in a way he's been very fair to us.

Kenny is linking up with his last full time goalkeeping coach (Ian Willcox).

As far as I know Kenny is greatful to Accy for giving him a chance in "the big league" and will be living in the local area.

He needs total security as his good lady is giving up her job and moving south to live in a "foreign land!"

Keep the faith, maybe we can buy him back in January 2010??

(MAB keep in touch, Kenny will be accessable to all good suppoerters)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 19:38   #44
Senior Member+

[quote=Mr T;720083]

Keep the faith, maybe we can buy him back in January 2010?? quote]

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 20:00   #45
Senior Member+

Like everyone else, I am very very sad to see Kenny go.

As has been suggested elsewhere, why was the club not negotiating contracts and extensions several months ago? Was it all related to budget issues and the debts to HMRC (and sundry others)? Or is it that the club will continue to function on an ad hoc day-to-day basis in so many crucial areas?

Please, please, please .... can we have some semblance of a management structure and systems that befit an ambitious Football League club?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..