Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 20:01   #46
God Member

Re: Kenny Arthur

Always good to hear from your club that there's no security for players
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2009, 20:24   #47
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Mr T & SR together

King Kenny is an Accy player until the 30th June (as are ALL contracted players, Andy Smith and Colin M) From the 1st of july the MAY sign for other clubs OR accept new deals elsewhere.
Ah you've spoilt it now, I was having some fun, must be all the positive vibes I'm feeling since Friday.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 20:29   #48
God Member

Smile Re: Kenny Arthur

[QUOTE=Haggis316;720099]
Quote:

Keep the faith, maybe we can buy him back in January 2010?? quote]

Nice one Haggis

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 20:32   #49
God Member

Quote:
Mr T & SR together

King Kenny is an Accy player until the 30th June (as are ALL contracted players, Andy Smith and Colin M) From the 1st of july the MAY sign for other clubs OR accept new deals elsewhere. Thats how contracts work. He could have said he had no club and then had an additional month of pay from Accy and then signed for another club on the 1st August, so in a way he's been very fair to us.

Kenny is linking up with his last full time goalkeeping coach (Ian Willcox).

As far as I know Kenny is greatful to Accy for giving him a chance in "the big league" and will be living in the local area.

He needs total security as his good lady is giving up her job and moving south to live in a "foreign land!"

Keep the faith, maybe we can buy him back in January 2010??

(MAB keep in touch, Kenny will be accessable to all good suppoerters)
On a seperate note Mr T, when is KA getting married?????

Old 09-06-2009, 20:34   #50
God Member

in fairness to the club we are always going to struggle to keep hold of better players simply because we will always struggle to compete financially with our fellow League clubs. We can't afford to offer better or longer contracts to anybody really, and in particular this year.

Forgetting the why's and wherefore's of whose fault our predicament is, I am grateful that we have a club and losing players (albeit for free) doesn't bother me at the moment.

One way or another we are taking our chances this year and gambling the league status, If this is the case I would be prepared to accept an even greater wage reduction and gamble on trying to secure the best of the crop of the released kids from around the north west. You win nowt with kids? just ask Alan Hansen!
Old 09-06-2009, 20:35   #51
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
On a seperate note Mr T, when is KA getting married?????
Have you not been invited, everyone else has.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 20:35   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Ah you've spoilt it now, I was having some fun, must be all the positive vibes I'm feeling since Friday.
sadly i missed friday, was not back until sat morning so no positive vibes here.
Old 09-06-2009, 20:37   #53
God Member

Smile Re: Kenny Arthur

Quote:
Have you not been invited, everyone else has.
You really are on it today Baggy

Old 09-06-2009, 21:18   #54
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Jeff doesn't work for the club.
Does anybody ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 21:34   #55
God Member

miaow!

whats with all the humour on here today - first Bagpuss now Jeff!

there's a wind of change a brewing all round Accy web
Old 09-06-2009, 21:36   #56
God Member

Definitely something gassy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 22:36   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
in fairness to the club we are always going to struggle to keep hold of better players simply because we will always struggle to compete financially with our fellow League clubs. We can't afford to offer better or longer contracts to anybody really, and in particular this year.

Forgetting the why's and wherefore's of whose fault our predicament is, I am grateful that we have a club and losing players (albeit for free) doesn't bother me at the moment.
A surprisingly pessimistic tone from you there, Macca. If what you say is true, it's never going to be worth having a three-year plan, or a five-year plan - unless such a plan would always be skin-of-the-teeth survival.

Losing players does bother me, especially if there is no sign of any replacements on the horizon.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 23:30   #58
God Member

it wasn't intentionally pessimistic RR, but I think its a realistic view. Until 3 weeks ago we were a solvent club, we had no debts, and only really needed a few hundred extra fans to give us a push for the play offs. We now find out that none of the above is true and that we aren't even really treading water.

However, there are blue skies on the horizon and if just sneak through one more season I think the future could be rosy. That's a bit cheerier!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31   #59

why not sack cav rocky and all the old crap. then put kids in all i can see is siht ew out ew out ew out . and all the man in office out . new blood need. as smone on he fill with kids fill the offices with kids ew and is **** staff out . kids in not
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
why not sack cav rocky and all the old crap. then put kids in all i can see is siht ew out ew out ew out . and all the man in office out . new blood need. as smone on he fill with kids fill the offices with kids ew and is **** staff out . kids in not
Jeez Grimps you really need a spell checker on that machine, either that or you are typing in a foreign language that has not been translated into English!!

Back to the thread, I am absolutely gutted that Kenny has gone!!!!!
All the same, I wish him well in his time at Rochdale.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..