Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 16:58   #1
I am Banned

Kia Car Draw - Accrington Stanley's Winner ?

It's only a few days to the play-off finals and I haven't heard who our winner/representative will be. Has anyone else any info ?

Has it been drawn, Rob ?
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2004, 23:11   #2

Re: Kia Car Draw - Accrington Stanley's Winner ?

It seems a bit strange that the draw results are never posted on the official website.
This is exactly the type of event that the website is in existence for I would have thought. This isn't meant as a criticism but I think it does represent a lost opportunity
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 00:21   #3
God Member

Quote:
This is exactly the type of event that the website is in existence for I would have thought.
You keep thinking son... you will get summat right soon
Old 13-05-2004, 11:39   #4
I am Banned

. . . .and lo , there are the results of the draw !

Thanks Rob !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 11:54   #5
rob

sorry for the delay :-)

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 22:40   #6
God Member

The accrington winner couldnt make it to the match and half time draw so Mick Schultz took his place.. A fan from each conference club in team colours came to the pich at half time and the draw was made...... Morecambe fan won it...
Old 17-05-2004, 20:10   #7

Oh well fairs fair I suppose - we win their half time draw - they get a new car... Hmmmm

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2004, 23:20   #8

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The accrington winner couldnt make it to the match and half time draw </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
he probably didn't get told he had won until Sunday dinnertime

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">You keep thinking son... you will get summat right soon </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I "think" I am right in "thinking" that this is aimed at the official website Kipax

Seriously though I got pestered to death at work for the draw results on the Monday morning of the 10th, which is fair enough because people had parted with their hard earned cash for a club and a league that none of them support seeing as I work miles away. They expected the results to be available soon after the draw was made because the prize was to be taken up on the coming Sunday. I tried the web site at 10am and there was nothing about the draw, I think I checked again after I read Henry's message and there was still nothing about the draw at that point of the evening. I then completely forgot about the whole event because people had given up asking me what the results were, that is until 7pm on Sunday when I heard Shrewsbury had won the playoff final. Thus I concluded that I had not sold the winning ticket (I'm pretty sharp like that you see ).
My point is , that although people know that their chances of winning are small they still look foward to the result (a bit like being a Burnley fan). It is all part of the fun, so if they don't get to know the result until the whole thing is consigned to history it spoils their fun and they are less likely to shell out their brass when I pester them next time. I know it's only a quid but it has probaly earned the club a few hundred pounds through my colleagues over the years and sometimes it has been hard graft to come by. I know the winners are informed as soon as possible and that most people would assume that if they hadn't heard anything by Friday teatime then they could still go to that Northern Soul weekender at Pontins safe in the knowledge that they weren't missing the high-light of the non-league season. But they still want to know the results because it's fun, just like crackers at Christmas, and look at the crap you win in them
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..