Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2012, 17:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

L.F.A. Final.

Have just discovered,via the local paper, that tickets for this game are only available through Lancashire Football, I would have thought it would be good of stanley to have told us. Was looking forward to this match since the semi-final win, But now we aint gonna be going, Certainly not worth messing about for in our view.
Old 26-07-2012, 17:50   #2
God Member

Re: L.F.A. Final.

Doesn't actually say on the LFA website that it's all ticket, just that tickets are available. Somebody will need to clarify that

http://www.lancashirefa.com/News/201...ketsOnSale.htm
Old 26-07-2012, 17:56   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Doesn't actually say on the LFA website that it's all ticket, just that tickets are available. Somebody will need to clarify that

Lancashire FA|News|2012|July|Senior Cup Final Tickets on Sale
Clarification aint the point, Its less n 2 weeks off n in my view Stanley could have informed people what the score was?
Old 26-07-2012, 18:11   #4

im sure i have read it somewhere you can pay on the gate
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 18:16   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
im sure i have read it somewhere you can pay on the gate
That would be good, if some official source actually tells people. Will be another "Own Goal" if they don't in my view. Was hoping to make some arrangements on Sunday at the match.
Old 26-07-2012, 18:31   #6
Senior Member+

ItIS pay on the gate on the night. Costs are £8 per adult I think

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 19:00   #7
Super Moderator

Update!!

The game has been organised by the LFA and is under their control. To help things go smoother (guess somebody reads Accyweb) a supply of tickets has been delivered to the Crown late this afternoon.

We need to decide how we're going to sell them; I'll ask Sir Dan of Jewell to get something on line tomorrow, when we've got it sorted!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 20:07   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Splendid news. hopefully now we can go.
Old 27-07-2012, 08:33   #9
Dan
Senior Member+

I'm not sure about the confusion... The below was on the official website on 11th July:

Ticket details for Stanley's Lancashire Senior Cup final against Manchester United have been announced.

Admission is priced at £8 for adults and £4 for concessions.

Tickets will be available to purchase directly from Lancashire FA during office hours of Monday to Friday – 8.45pm to 4.45pm. Pay on the gate is also available.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 10:03   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'm not sure about the confusion... The below was on the official website on 11th July:

Ticket details for Stanley's Lancashire Senior Cup final against Manchester United have been announced.

Admission is priced at £8 for adults and £4 for concessions.

Tickets will be available to purchase directly from Lancashire FA during office hours of Monday to Friday – 8.45pm to 4.45pm. Pay on the gate is also available.
If yeh dont check site fer a few days Dan, yeh don't see it? it vanishes into the wild blue yonder. Plus people tend to look fer info nearer to the time of the event. Plus first match i looked for was Blackburn on 21st.

Last edited by cashman; 27-07-2012 at 10:05.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 16:14   #11

yes i thought i saw it somewhere
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 17:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If yeh dont check site fer a few days Dan, yeh don't see it? it vanishes into the wild blue yonder. Plus people tend to look fer info nearer to the time of the event. Plus first match i looked for was Blackburn on 21st.
You see Dan, it's your fault for publishing the ticketing details early on instead of sitting on it until the last minute.

Had you waited you can rest assured that no one on this forum would have been on to you earlier bleating about the lack of news!
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 17:21   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
You see Dan, it's your fault for publishing the ticketing details early on instead of sitting on it until the last minute.

Had you waited you can rest assured that no one on this forum would have been on to you earlier bleating about the lack of news!
Its a simple comment,not a blame game, Which i have no doubt Dan will see it as that, obviously clowns will not.
Old 28-07-2012, 22:01   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Hackney talking about the youth team after the PAdiham match View Post
“We have got Manchester United on 8th August and some of these will be playing, they won’t be playing against youth clubs. It’s a good exercise in giving them the opportunity to get minutes on the pitch and that’s what we are here for.”
personally I think we should send as strong a team as possible and try to secure some silverware. Doesn't matter that it is deemed a tinpot trophy in front of 50 people, send the A side!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 07:48   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
personally I think we should send as strong a team as possible and try to secure some silverware. Doesn't matter that it is deemed a tinpot trophy in front of 50 people, send the A side!
Agree 100%. Send the strongest side that the rules allow.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..