Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2007, 18:21   #16
God Member

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

We are Blue & Yellow
That's what makes us so mellow
Stanley! Stanley!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2007, 21:10   #17

I was another one that stupidly thought the clubshop would be open today only to find that they didn't want to sell me anything. And yes I also called back later just incase it was "closed for lunch".
Old 27-12-2007, 21:13   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballking View Post
I was another one that stupidly thought the clubshop would be open today only to find that they didn't want to sell me anything. And yes I also called back later just incase it was "closed for lunch".
Blimey thats 2 of us wanting to spend our wads in there only to find a locked door & the mental thing is we both went back just in case lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 21:23   #19
Senior Member+

A couple of years ago, I bought a ticket from Cheltenham Town to see them in a play-off game at the Millennium Stadium. I am not one of their supporters, and indeed had never seen them play before that game. Since then, I receive about 3 emails per season telling me about the latest offers, including one a few days ago about the post-Christmas sale. It means nothing to me - but the club is keen to keep in contact with me. And now let's compare that to our beloved Stanley which is unable to send tickets I wish to order and which cannot keep in touch with its own fans, never mind very occasional visitors.

Has anyone noticed any change following the appointment of the new "volunteers"?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 21:49   #20
Super Moderator

The question is, will the shop be open tomorrow? Nobody really knows because the club haven't bothered to tell us. Of course, if you want one of those fleeces or hooded tops, you could order them on-line...oh no, you can't because the club haven't bothered to put them in the on-line store.
Old 27-12-2007, 21:57   #21
God Member

Thats true they haven't but cant pay with vouchers online hehehe clubs already got half my money & ran for the holidays. Those new fleeces & tops are nice & they could of sold much more if the online shop was updated, specially for exiles [probably they wondering what they look like or least on about], shame that these things are not taken to consideraton tho im sure we've all had this convo before about the club shop, tho not about opening during xmas.

In Peter Kay styley .........new years eve......new years eve ......why then tho

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-12-2007, 22:09   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
In Peter Kay styley .........new years eve......new years eve ......why then tho
Ah, but how do you know it'll be open on New Year's Eve? Best get a certain someone to give you a lift up there on Saturday morning, before he escapes to the Turf!
Old 27-12-2007, 22:12   #23
God Member

if anybody has a picture of the fleeces or hoodies then send them to the OSC site and we'll get some pics up. I'll use paypal and post some out myself if anybody wants any.
Old 28-12-2007, 08:28   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if anybody has a picture of the fleeces or hoodies then send them to the OSC site and we'll get some pics up. I'll use paypal and post some out myself if anybody wants any.
Well done Macca... thinking on your feet and careing for other's

pity the club doesnt think this way.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 09:00   #25
Senior Member+

With deep regret I've just had to order Phil Whalley's book from Amazon, none at club shop.

The 2008 calendar has been brought up on another thread, is there such a thing?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 09:10   #26
Senior Member+

I'm going to have to stop reading this forum.
Old 28-12-2007, 09:21   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
A couple of years ago, I bought a ticket from Cheltenham Town to see them in a play-off game at the Millennium Stadium. I am not one of their supporters, and indeed had never seen them play before that game. Since then, I receive about 3 emails per season telling me about the latest offers, including one a few days ago about the post-Christmas sale. It means nothing to me - but the club is keen to keep in contact with me. And now let's compare that to our beloved Stanley which is unable to send tickets I wish to order and which cannot keep in touch with its own fans, never mind very occasional visitors.

Has anyone noticed any change following the appointment of the new "volunteers"?

The same thing happened with Derby County this year, while i was working down there a few months ago they were playing Newcastle on a Monday night so we decided we`d go, however the prices were way too much and we didn`t end up going, but the club still send me emails telling me of their latest offers and specials.
Old 28-12-2007, 10:10   #28
Senior Member+

Once you're paid for your connection, emails cost nothing to send. Even if you factor in the time to write one, it's only done once and can be sent to hundreds (or more).
Unfortunately the club is stuck in the early part of the last century and so haven't developed the ability to use modern technology yet (at least, not to anywhere near its potential).
Old 28-12-2007, 10:39   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Unfortunately the club is stuck in the early part of the last century and so haven't developed the ability to use modern technology yet (at least, not to anywhere near its potential).
thats why there is a pidgeon on my doorstep its one of erics carrier pidgeons with details of the club shop opening hours over xmas
Old 28-12-2007, 13:20   #30
God Member

Shop not open today either

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..