Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2007, 18:28   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

To say that a company operating in the entertainment industry has no budget for marketing pretty much sums it all up.

We will never see any changes at the club until this attitude changes, but I've been saying this for so long that I'm even boring myself. I'm not surprised that the club hasn't appointed anyone to the role of commercial manager. Who'd want to operate in an organisation like that? You could have the most creative, innovative person in the world, but you'd soon crush them when they were faced with the kind of obstacles that Stanley (Eric) puts in their way.
Old 28-12-2007, 18:30   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
To say that a company operating in the entertainment industry has no budget for marketing pretty much sums it all up.

We will never see any changes at the club until this attitude changes, but I've been saying this for so long that I'm even boring myself. I'm not surprised that the club hasn't appointed anyone to the role of commercial manager. Who'd want to operate in an organisation like that? You could have the most creative, innovative person in the world, but you'd soon crush them when they were faced with the kind of obstacles that Stanley (Eric) puts in their way.
True has anyone got 3m to solve the problem then

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 20:16   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewCarroll View Post
ASFC have 6 full time members of staff including the chairman. who most cover a multi tude of jobs and in my opinion do a cracking job to just put a game on, come each saturday, yet still endeavour to take the club forward with each tentative step.
Come on, Lew, as a marketing man, you know better than that. So someone wants to spend their Christmas dosh on merchandise, but can't because the shop is closed on two of the most important shopping days of the year...someone else wants to join Stanley Legends but hears nothing about their application...a long distance fan orders something on line and is kept waiting for weeks...someone emails the club and gets no response...what is their reaction going to be? "Oh well, they only have six fulltime staff, so I don't really mind." No way, they're going to take their money, and perhaps their loyalty, elsewhere. We are supposed to be a professional organisation, operating in a modern consumer market and we should start to act like one. Mark my words, if we continue with this make-do, flying by the seat of your pants , "it'll be alreet on t'neet" mentality we will inevitably return to the outer darkness from whence we came!
Old 28-12-2007, 21:42   #49
God Member

this is why stanley should have a half decent outlet in the town centre even share with gibsons or sumthin like that with a decent stock try and attract the youngsters to buy anything stanley.the outlet at fraser eagle is useless as they dont have much room for stock and its not their priority to sell anything stanley ...or even abbey street as all the youngsters always have to go in their for their school uniforms.or even reverse roles give abbey street a bit of competition by having a shop that sells school uniforms and have stanley merchandise just an idea..........
Old 28-12-2007, 21:49   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
or even reverse roles give abbey street a bit of competition by having a shop that sells school uniforms and have stanley merchandise just an idea..........
I'm guessing you don't work in marketing ?
Old 28-12-2007, 21:57   #51
God Member

its that mad it might work.theres only one shop in accy that sells school uniforms that would be steady income with a bit competition that would pay for rent .school kids need sportswear for their p.e.where do you put stanley stuff right next to the sports stuff . then have adult sizes in the adult area plus other merchandise .plus start a diffferent company so if it goes pear shape just wind the company down if you dont try you will never know...mad mad
Old 28-12-2007, 22:01   #52
God Member

Somehow i think that might be a little too extreme for Stanley whom have enough trouble with their own tiny shop of merchandise nevermind branching out [soz oggy for the pun] LOL

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2007, 22:12   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Yup but not with ASFC on it................how good is your embroidery work
Not good but this the really funny thing, I wore my beloved Stanley hoodie and if I would have a pound for everyone who said who are they while in various outlets today? I would have had enough to buy another one, I know it was meant in a joking way but with a serious side it does mean that people do know who we are and remember something that was over twenty years ago

But even better while I was in Waterstones and my sons were spending their Christmas cash I was having a quick browse through a league ground book and who should be in there in black & white but Oggy

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 22:17   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Not good but this the really funny thing, I wore my beloved Stanley hoodie and if I would have a pound for everyone who said who are they while in various outlets today? I would have had enough to buy another one, I know it was meant in a joking way but with a serious side it does mean that people do know who we are and remember something that was over twenty years ago

But even better while I was in Waterstones and my sons were spending their Christmas cash I was having a quick browse through a league ground book and who should be in there in black & white but Oggy
LOL we're the most famous club in the land even when we weren't gracing above the Lancs combination, that advert really stuck lol i used to get it abroad on hols when i was young pmsl

OGGY?????????????? which league book was that

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-12-2007, 22:22   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
OGGY?????????????? which league book was that

Somebody might correct me but I beleive the first time colour started to be used was in the 1930's, so if it was black and white then it may help you to date it
Old 28-12-2007, 22:36   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

no more fleeces aft this lot have gone,shame really wanted some for my 2 lads for xmas,lee was sorry something to do with the surplyer stopped making them!but hopefullhe could find soneone else in the new year to surply
Old 28-12-2007, 22:38   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
no more fleeces aft this lot have gone,shame really wanted some for my 2 lads for xmas,lee was sorry something to do with the surplyer stopped making them!but hopefullhe could find soneone else in the new year to surply
****** that cheered me up, they were good quality fleeces an all, typical get a job lot & thats it [sorry lee again not u personally]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-12-2007, 08:00   #58
God Member

** see me for fleeces Lee **
** see me for fleeces Lee **

as for a shop in town, I have it on good authority that we are in talks with the council about getting a shop - prominent and cheap. Should be open before the new season
Old 29-12-2007, 08:24   #59
God Member

as for a shop in town, I have it on good authority that we are in talks with the council about getting a shop - prominent and cheap. Should be open before the new season[/quote]

That would be a good move!
I was very impressed with the outlet at Ossy Mills very neat & tidy with a lcd screen giving various bits of information on it with reference the Club

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 09:33   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Most of my stories started life in black and white, very funny Dave, btw.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..