Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2007, 10:26   #61

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

The shop in town is a cracking idea and I'm sure would go down really well would have great sales too.

The points raised after my last post are far more positive and I'm sure the club are listening. Some top ideas, especially abut the franchising out of the store or outlets. Out sourcing it would make it more profitable with loads more stock and well presented with appropriate offers too.

Some of the ideas like Gibsons in town were discussed when I was there but trust me on this, were not viable, A proper outlet would be fantastic. Sell the brand as they say.

On Stanley On.
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2007, 10:40   #62

I remember bringing this up a while back, but why doesn`t the club do a DVD of the seasons highlights, goals etc, ok they may not sell shed loads but i`m sure these would appeal to our fans that live abroad, plus they make great presents for Stanleys fans wherever they may live, it would be nice to have something to look back in a few years time, i think had they done one for our return to the league it would have sold loads, mind you i think they missed just about every opportunity that was going there.
They could have milked (no pun intended) that to death had they given it some forethought.
Old 29-12-2007, 10:50   #63
God Member

Very true Haz its been said many a time that stanley just simply haven't taken the opportunity to capitalize on league success by thinking ahead, we were discussing when we debuted in the league about having a shop in town centre & taken over a year to be discussed in club circles.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 11:07   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Not good but this the really funny thing, I wore my beloved Stanley hoodie and if I would have a pound for everyone who said who are they while in various outlets today? I would have had enough to buy another one, I know it was meant in a joking way but with a serious side it does mean that people do know who we are and remember something that was over twenty years ago
Everywhere i go with my Stanley shirt on i get the same, everybody always has to say "Who are they" and of course "Exactly" it does wear a bit thin after a while but if you mention Accy to anyone you always get the same reaction, i was working down Heathrow before Xmas and there are a lot of European workers down there, but even they know of Accrington Stanley, its amazing how many people i talk to always look out for Accy results, i was talking to a Chelsea fan one night and he asked who i followed, after the usual "Who are they" he then went on to say that he`s always looked out for their results, when i asked him why, he just said "I think everybody does, dont they?".
Which i think to some extent maybe true, our plight captured the attention of almost every football fan in the land, we might not have the money of Man Utd but i bet we`re more famous .
Old 29-12-2007, 12:03   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
when i asked him why, he just said "I think everybody does, dont they?".
Which i think to some extent maybe true, our plight captured the attention of almost every football fan in the land, we might not have the money of Man Utd but i bet we`re more famous .
I hate to say it, but "exactly". I've been saying this for years - Stanley occupies a unique position in the affections of football fans everywhere. The club needs to exploit our fame to the max with a more effective merchandising operation!
Old 29-12-2007, 12:06   #66
God Member

Not wanting to put a dampner on this store in town idea cause if handled in the correct manner it could be a decent money spinner but maybe more importantly highlight the Club where it need's to be which is the heart of the town.

My doubts would be:

How would this sit with our main sponsor having already a prescence in the centre? (you do not bite the hand that feeds you)

Would there be enough footfall to make it a viable option in the centre?

Wages would have to be paid for staffing or are we looking at volunteers? (or do we use our already stretched resources)

Will it only open Certain days?

Most importantly it needs to have a broad enough appeal to get the good folk of Accrington and surrounding area through the door so at least there is a chance of making a sale or potentially getting people up to the FES who wouldn't normally bother

The franchise idea is not a bad one and if it was me I would give serious thought to ******** well it should be obvious?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 16:57   #67

I did virtualy all of my Christmas shopping online, all ordered in plenty of time for the parcels to be sent out in time to arrive for Christmas. All but one order arrived before Christmas... can you guess which it was?

Yup, that's right; the one from the Stanley store.

The order was placed in plenty of time, but it didn't arrive (in fact, it's still not arrived); since placing that order I subsequently placed orders to places based in America and New Zealand, and they managed to get my orders to me on time...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 17:57   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
How would this sit with our main sponsor having already a prescence in the centre? (you do not bite the hand that feeds you)
Out of curiousity how many of you have actually bought from the shop in town ? Is it just a case of having a presence in town or do they actually take an interest in what they are selling.

Personally I would think they would much rather stick to selling holidays.
Old 29-12-2007, 18:12   #69
God Member

I have at the worldchoice shop, bought my red shirt from there, tho lucky there wasn't many holidayers in there so it wasn't too bad.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-12-2007, 18:13   #70
God Member

I have used them this season in buying a Home shirt & a Scarf and they were very helpful and polite as they were yesterday when I rang them about availability of the Fleeces.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 18:15   #71
God Member

Think it would be better that stanley just had their shop rather than in worldchoice, especially when holiday season sales start - think it would put the name out there & be more noticable on its own, selling merchandise & OPENING retail hours LOL.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-12-2007, 19:32   #72
God Member

I'm just hoping there's some hoodies left in the shop when they open on Monday, I got one for Christmas but it's a little well, snug shall we say & I need to change it for a bigger size. Think I'll ring before I go up there though just to make sure they're open
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 19:42   #73
God Member

If its open let us know saves people wasting their petty money getting up there to an empty carpark & shut shop

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-12-2007, 19:44   #74
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
I did virtualy all of my Christmas shopping online, all ordered in plenty of time for the parcels to be sent out in time to arrive for Christmas. All but one order arrived before Christmas... can you guess which it was?

Yup, that's right; the one from the Stanley store.

The order was placed in plenty of time, but it didn't arrive (in fact, it's still not arrived); since placing that order I subsequently placed orders to places based in America and New Zealand, and they managed to get my orders to me on time...
This epitomises exactly what is wrong with our merchandising operation. Sad...really sad.
Old 30-12-2007, 03:45   #75
God Member

next year is a new beginning on stanley on stanley: Banane13:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..