Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2007, 22:40   #91
God Member

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Griping or whatever you want to call it usually involves commenting on the team, play, manager, etc. That's part and parcel of the game of football.

This is a completely different matter.
True this is griping over not being able to spend your wonga on some nice merchandise at the club shop & best still not having a clue of its opening hours around the xmas hols & a not so good online service to compensate either

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2007, 22:42   #92
God Member

back to the shop ..... provided that the right sort of deal is made available by the Council then a shop is a essential addition to the Stanley family.

The shop we have is nowhere near big enough to accomodate the stock lines we need, either for just display or more importantly the actual stock of it. Part of the problem in the club shop is the lack of space to keep stock of all the different sizes that you really have to have. With the OSC stuff we made the decision to just stock Medium and XL purely down to where do you keep 20 of each size? We are quick to knock the lack of choice and the lack of stock but if you imagine 10 different lines of product in 6 or 7 different sizes it starts to become a little more difficult.

A proper shop would enable a little bit more stock and probably with it would come extra lines. Also it becomes a focal point IN TOWN where folk can drop in a get a bit of info on this and that (you could try ringing but it aint the same to some folk). I would hope that (space allowing) there would be room for a little table and a couple of chairs where folk could stop by for a brew. It's about integrating more with the fans and appearing to have time for them, and appearing to care about them.

Also, there are a hell of a lot of people who visit Accy but don't go anywhere near the ground. I am sure that many of these would probably go in and buy a bit of summat for footy fan relatives back home. Done right it could almost become a sort of Tourist Information Centre for footy tourists!

It's also about starting to have a presence in town. The whole town knows there is a football club and they all know exactly where it is. The fact they choose not to come is for a multitude of reasons and I think muddy car parks etc are closer to the bottom of that list. WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO start getting in peoples faces more and this is the starting point. Worldchoice and Ossy Mills are fine to get a little bit of free money in the bank but our own shop has to be celebrated and it has to be used.

We all feel obligated some times to go and buy something that we wouldn't ordinarily buy just because it is Stanley. I'd still have my Vauxhall tax disc in the window if Stanley didn't do one! So I really hope that they have plenty of ideas for stuff to put in. stanleys' merchandise will definitely be offered. They need to have a cheap range, a mid range and then the expensive range - currently we have only the expensive stuff.

I also hope they put in a TV with Stanley related stuff on a permanent loop.

Good luck Stanley with this venture and if you need any assistance with it then give me a call.
Old 30-12-2007, 22:54   #93
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenFaz View Post
But I reckon if something does sell then in the long-run they will get it back in stock, no doubt there!!
How about the two T-shirts they produced when we got into the league? Firstly, they didn't bother to tell anyone about it - I think it was Sparky who noticed them in Ossy Mills. Then, when they ran out of stock, they never produced any more, despite the fact that I and quite a few others had already ordered them. As for the vintage shirts, if they're so uneconomic to produce, then The Old Fashioned Football Shirt Company must be heading for ruin, as they are currently offering no less than FOUR retro Stanley shirts from our league days!
Old 30-12-2007, 22:56   #94
God Member

The shop would have to be in a position to smack people in the face. When I was buying a Stanley shirt the other week I actually forgot there was a town centre seller and went traipsing up to the club shop, despite me passing World Choice about 2 or 3 times a week.
Old 30-12-2007, 23:20   #95
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'm not going on about this anymore, as I'm sick and tired of it all. I think I'm going to add a new resolution to my list... no more forum, as it's bad for my health.
Do it TM you will feel better I do, the bottom line is why waste anymore energy you only end up getting annoyed. Until Eric Whalley goes it's pointless wasting your time on matters that need putting right, just come and watch the footy and save yourself for the day Whalley finally gives us all a break.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 10:11   #96
God Member

Just rung the club and the shop is open, Lee wasn't sure what time till though so if anyone's thinking of going up might be an idea to ring first to check.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 10:35   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just rung the club and the shop is open, Lee wasn't sure what time till though so if anyone's thinking of going up might be an idea to ring first to check.
Cheers Accymad, but do u know what i want to tell them after that pathetic unprofessional response u got...................F*K it i'll go elsewhere, wonder how many would think that an all, lucky im a fan or else there may not be a change of heart, i so hope no-one gets me vouchers for the club shop for my birthday now after that.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 31-12-2007, 10:44   #98
God Member

To add to what i mean most retailers even small ones have displayed opening hours or even know what time they are open till ie 10 - 2pm etc but a "i dont know what what time till" response from shop manager is a bit un professional [no personal offense Lee]. This is a problem that definately needs sorting im afraid.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 31-12-2007, 11:02   #99

Dont blame Lee here guy's... The club is run by Eric and he will decide what time the shop will shut.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 11:06   #100
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
The club is run by Eric and he will decide what time the shop will shut.
What a pity he hasn't bothered to tell the shop manager!
Old 31-12-2007, 11:13   #101
God Member

Quote:
Dont blame Lee here guy's... The club is run by Eric and he will decide what time the shop will shut.
Im trying not too Lee is a great guy [i do refer in brackets lol] & poor bloke carrys the can for Eric, Eric wants people to put money into the club - club shop is one way the ordinary folk can do that & Eric doesn't see it at all, how much potential money has been lost thro various means because he over looks it as not important

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 31-12-2007, 11:30   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Im trying not too Lee is a great guy [i do refer in brackets lol] & poor bloke carrys the can for Eric, Eric wants people to put money into the club - club shop is one way the ordinary folk can do that & Eric doesn't see it at all, how much potential money has been lost thro various means because he over looks it as not important
Chaps i'm not having a pop at you to be honest i admire your passion for the club, it's very evident that you all have some great idea's it's a pity the club dont listen to you.

Have a happy new year.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 11:34   #103
God Member

Quote:
Chaps i'm not having a pop at you to be honest i admire your passion for the club, it's very evident that you all have some great idea's it's a pity the club dont listen to you.

Have a happy new year.
No pops or offence taken, good point u made too, its a pity the club wont take it on board but thats the way it goes i suppose. All i wanted to do for last few days is spend me vouchers & dosh at the club LOL.

Happy new year to you G.U.T.O.G

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 31-12-2007, 15:28   #104
God Member

Finally got to the shop & it was OPEN thanks southernred for the heckle of it being shut LOL!!

NO fleeces left *boo hoo* only for little stanleyites left, not many of my size in some stuff left, but i did get somethings, a tshirt, Ricky Tomilinson dvd & a bear, quite a few people popped in shop & nattered with Lee for a bit whom is going to try & get some more fleeces in before next december heheheehe - even picked up junior ticket for tommoz very organised he was even seeling programmes a day early

Hopefully they may improve the shop merchandise, the hoodies were nice better than i thought, tho the hoodie bit put me off would been nice as a sweatshirt again too big & too little sizes left.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:35   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This epitomises exactly what is wrong with our merchandising operation. Sad...really sad.
Indeed. And I'm still waiting for a reply to the email I sent enquiring when I might receive my order... Ho-hum...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..