Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2007, 15:43   #1
God Member

Thumbs down Lack of nouse for sales

Been upto to club shop twice today in hope of spending me vouchers & money but could i have the pleasure - errrrrrrr no it was shut!!

So while other retail outlets were booming with customers - sadly not a whisker up at Stanley for potential sales today, nor was there any opening hours details on fishy site or owt, beats a non too happy stanley customer [& possibley more customers itching to spend their xmas money] today

Mmmm not a good advert really is it, again another side of the club thats forgotten & u wonder why we dont have money available to put back into the club [for players, expansion etc] when the merchandising retail end [no dis-respect to Lee] just isnt capitalizing on anything - especially day after a good away win, doesn't make sense at all!!

Eric/management u need to sort the tinpot out!! I will have to wait now & im no good at waiting just hope my money doesn't dis-appear before i have chance to spend it when u decide to open - also update the site with openings & info on merchandising deals, sell it a bit more!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2007, 15:55   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

They probably have no stock again. No point opening if there's nothing to sell.
Old 27-12-2007, 16:00   #3
Super Moderator

Typical! Absolutely typical of the non-league, smalltime, tinpot mentality that pervades at this club. It's a normal working day, the shops are open, so why isn't the store open? And if there's an unavoidable reason, why it isn't, couldn't it have been posted on t'fishy site?

How are we ever going to progress as a club while this sort of attitude pervades?

StanleyMad, I just hope you can hang on to your dosh until the club makes up its mind that it actually wants to sell something to its supporters. but who could blame you if you went and blew the lot downtown?
Old 27-12-2007, 16:12   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
They probably have no stock again. No point opening if there's nothing to sell.
Thats wishful thinking TM they were still selling some of last years stuff probably cos they forgot to open shop last year hehe

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-12-2007, 16:15   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Typical! Absolutely typical of the non-league, smalltime, tinpot mentality that pervades at this club. It's a normal working day, the shops are open, so why isn't the store open? And if there's an unavoidable reason, why it isn't, couldn't it have been posted on t'fishy site?

How are we ever going to progress as a club while this sort of attitude pervades?

StanleyMad, I just hope you can hang on to your dosh until the club makes up its mind that it actually wants to sell something to its supporters. but who could blame you if you went and blew the lot downtown?
Thats exactly it, i went all that way for nowt even went back just in case was shut for dinner but not a car or light on in sight all locked up, i was really hacked off about it, but begs to think how many others thought of sales & wanted to spend it at the club like moi

Sales for me is mosleying down to club shop as hadnt the opportunity to spend owt before xmas & my happiness was ruined

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-12-2007, 16:26   #6
Super Moderator

If the club had the slightest bit of enterprise, they would have opened the store today and plugged it with a bit of blurb on t'fishy site along the lines of "Come along to the great Stanley Christmas sale...lots of bargains to be had...plus our new line of winter fleeces...just the thing for the Bradford game etc etc". They could have got rid of plenty of old stock and done a roaring trade in all those great new lines they've introduced.
Old 27-12-2007, 16:45   #7
God Member

Spot on again wynonie the winter or xmas fleeces i had my eye on, but would of loved to have nosied properly today - dont get much of a chance pre/after matches

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-12-2007, 17:05   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
bit of blurb on t'fishy site along the lines of "Come along to the great Stanley Christmas sale...lots of bargains to be had...
How about the new year sales when hopefully someone will take a certain ex- Burnley player off our hands?? Or even that chap who has a surname that sounds like it would go a long way???

And before it's pointed out by anybody...yes I'd accept that the club would probably have to give them away!!!

Seriously though, what does our esteemed chairman think the club stands to gain by keeping what is a vital source of revenue closed on a day where everything else seems to be open. I'll bet that the majority of our rivals' club shops were open today

So much for all the blurb about help out YOUR club, buy an extra program blah,blah blah when it won't even help itself by opening to potential customers on what is considered by many to be a "normal working day"

If you read this Mr. Chairman take a quick look at the signature below !! There's a message in there somewhere

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 17:14   #9
God Member

As far as I know the Club shop is not open till New Years Eve
Did try myself at Ossy Mills today for a fleece there was one size small left the others were kiddies sizes, couple of hoodies left not sure on sizes plenty of shirts did ask if they had any other fleece sizes and said the man usually re-stocks on a Thursday but with it being holiday's was not sure if they would? They did have some of the new t-shirts which are quite smart for £8 & £12 respectivley. The quality of the fleeces for £20 are very good value and well chuffed with the Hoodie I bought last month it is warm & washes well, but as others have said it is a golden oppurtunity spurned
Last week we were applauding the late night opening etc. I know it is holiday's etc. but that is exactly the problem, supporters are wanting to spend more of their hard earned at the Club with the various bits of merchandise and are not given the oppurtunity for whatever reason even the Crown could have been perhaps a viable selling point or just advertised they were going to open the shop for a morning/afternoon if it came to that I would have volunteered to staff it.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 17:31   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
As far as I know the Club shop is not open till New Years Eve

I know it is holiday's etc. but that is exactly the problem, supporters are wanting to spend more of their hard earned at the Club with the various bits of merchandise and are not given the oppurtunity for whatever reason even the Crown could have been perhaps a viable selling point or just advertised they were going to open the shop for a morning/afternoon if it came to that I would have volunteered to staff it.
New Years eve erm why then than during working day after xmas & boxing day ?????????????????

Gawd how stupid is that, Eric moans on aout crowds & people putting money into the club & YET giving nobody a chance to either!!

Have fleeces gone down ???? Club shop were selling em for £25

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-12-2007, 17:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I'll bet that the majority of our rivals' club shops were open today
One of them actually has extended hours for today, despite being open yesterday.
Old 27-12-2007, 18:11   #12
God Member

The sticker on the hanger said £20
Did try to make it fit but with my orang-utan arms and my coca cola belly I was on a hiding to nothing

SFFS
Old 27-12-2007, 18:14   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
One of them actually has extended hours for today, despite being open yesterday.
Is that so everyone who got a Home shirt for Christmas could go back and exchange them for Away shirts?

Maybe that's something we need to look into?

SFFS
Old 27-12-2007, 18:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Is that so everyone who got a Home shirt for Christmas could go back and exchange them for Away shirts?

Behave......
Old 27-12-2007, 18:17   #15
God Member

Quote:

i was lucky i got an away shirt for xmas in time for yesterdays match - lucky shirt

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..