Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 20:12   #16
God Member

Re: Lancashire Senior Cup

:Omg! You stop trading insults on one thread & start again on another - what is going on?? Behave or I'll bang both your heads together on Saturday - either that or I'll sit you both down in a quiet corner with a pint each & hope you can sort your differences without coming to blows, you've been warned
MikeA, Chimer, Kiwi John and 1 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2019, 20:38   #17
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Match report NewsNow: Loading story...
Old 11-09-2019, 21:26   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Right clever sod check out the S.M. thread posts 1233 @ 1235, also check Bits @ Bobs post 511 which isin response to the last few posts on it. and you will plainly see what a clown you are.
“Another Captain showing is up”
“ A blessing he’s going to be banned”

Keep deflecting.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 21:31   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
:Omg! You stop trading insults on one thread & start again on another - what is going on?? Behave or I'll bang both your heads together on Saturday - either that or I'll sit you both down in a quiet corner with a pint each & hope you can sort your differences without coming to blows, you've been warned
I doubt it Diane.
Sadly I’m not there Saturday.
My son is off to Afghanistan on a tour of duty and I’m seeing him before he departs.
Some things more important than football.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 21:33   #20
Full Member+

a bit of what youngsters like me would call light hearted ‘banter’ and yet again it descends
into chaos.
the point I was making was that certain people are very quick to agree with other people’s sentiments/views without making them themselves.
Anyways, on the game......
Not much in it, 2 well taken penalties the difference.
We have a few really good chances but their keeper pulled off some great saves.....
Savin - 2 fingertip saves to keep us in it, vocal and good distribution
Doyle - out of position at right back but was superb, good in the air for a small lad and really good positional play
Rodgers - coped we’ll against a physical Rovers front line, again very vocal and didn’t look like he hadn’t played a lot of football. Still unsure if CB or RB is way forward for him which could be holding him back
Edwards - experience showed, gave himself an extra yard , could of scored twice, should have scored once. Would of been absolute scenes if he had
Maguire. Meh, glimpses of promise but too weak and out of position numerous times. If someone who has been at Liverpool academy from a young age has to be coached through a game by Rodgers, you do have to wonder if he will be a solid asset in L1
Carvalho. Drops far too deep completely unnecessarily. Beats his man well but seemed to over-do it on many occasions.
Sherif - physical, played well, wanted to move the ball forward. Shows inexperience at times but also shows great promise. Hope his potential is found with us
Diallo - fitted in well and didn’t look out of place. Don’t think he will be a stand out player but did what was necessary well. Few poor touches but did well to recover.
McConville - covered Maguire well, always a threat going forward but very predictable. Experience shone bright, read the game superbly but not as agile as the younger Rovers players. Battled well against a physical Ryan Nyambe
Simmonds - tried to impress too much and was wasteful. Sought more individual glory than a team player. Fired one straight at the keeper and was extremely frustrated, kicking the goalpost and letting it wind him up for a good 10 mins after. Did little to stake a claim for place in match day squad, but again, some clear potential if Coley and Jimmy can get it out of him.
Simpson - strange. Tall lad but never attacked the ball from crosses. Honestly don’t recall him touching the ball more than a handful of times. Seems like could be another Connor Hall, a lot of running about but no impact on game whatsoever.

Sub - Andy Scott - only saw 10 mins of action, linked up play from midfield well, can tell he is a very raw talent that needs nurturing - small and not the most physical but skilful none the less. Needs men’s football game time massively. Surprised not loaned out.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 23:49   #21
Senior Member+

Light-hearted banter it may be, but I am getting really p***ed off with the level of "debate" (or more accurately "abuse" on here) and may take my Prediction League spreadsheet home with me if it carries on much longer. There's just so much pointless name-calling to wade through before finding any sensible comments, especially as some individuals seem to find it necessary to rubbish any post, however uncontroversial, made by other individuals they have identified as their enemies. It's worse than the bloody House of Commons sometimes

Last edited by Chimer; 11-09-2019 at 23:51.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:17   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I reckon she would...I shuddered down here on the other side of the world when I read that.
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:18   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Light-hearted banter it may be, but I am getting really p***ed off with the level of "debate" (or more accurately "abuse" on here) and may take my Prediction League spreadsheet home with me if it carries on much longer. There's just so much pointless name-calling to wade through before finding any sensible comments, especially as some individuals seem to find it necessary to rubbish any post, however uncontroversial, made by other individuals they have identified as their enemies. It's worse than the bloody House of Commons sometimes
Chimer, the light hearted banter I was referring to was me starting this thread jokingly putting what I did.
The personal insults, name calling etc are not my thing....
Old 12-09-2019, 06:22   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Some of us do try Josh !.. so sorry that you are feeling so obviously unfulfilled by our efforts !.
Apologies yonmon, I was still peeved off with comments I read on here after the weekend.
Don’t want to tarnish everyone with the same brush...:
Old 12-09-2019, 08:20   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Chimer, the light hearted banter I was referring to was me starting this thread jokingly putting what I did.
The personal insults, name calling etc are not my thing....
That is true enough, I know you do a lot of good stuff, but here you've admitted you were deliberately trying to stir a pot that should be taken off the stove instead ….
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:22   #26
God Member

think the coneely comments have got more personnal than in the days of the mcconville ones where a number of fans were against him and we discussed his merits in the team without any of the above stuff. no fan wants this or that player to play badly even if its not in their agenda for this to happen. for me our captain has never seemed to re capture his form from the promotion side. last season it was probebly all the injuries he seemed to get whilst this season he seems to be really pacing himself to get through 90 minutes where he,s had a really good half of the game and another half where he didn,t seem to get into the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:24   #27
God Member

Quote:
Well said Chimer have missed the last 2 predictions cause I am fed up of opening the forum hopefully it will revert back to some sanity.
yonmon likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:59   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
That is true enough, I know you do a lot of good stuff, but here you've admitted you were deliberately trying to stir a pot that should be taken off the stove instead ….
Understood my friend
Old 12-09-2019, 14:55   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Understood my friend
Josh !.. The motto on the yonmon Coat of Arms ( existing in my mind's eye only i might add ! ) reads 'vivimus, et disce '. An admonishment which, sad to say, I seem to have faced daily over the years !.
Look forward to reading your posts, and enjoying our shared admiration of OUR Stanley
As the season progresses .

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..