Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2004, 09:52   #1
God Member

Last night's match

Just wanted to say well done to the lads for their win last night, we really enjoyed the match - Craney's goal was brilliant & every one of them played well. Looking forward to tomorrow & a chance to say a proper goodbye to Jamo.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2004, 10:32   #2
Full Member+

Re: Last night's match

Agreed, I thought we could have scored a hatful of goals in the first half when it was effectively the "first team" that were playing.

BTW what is the story with Rory not playing again. Is he carrying an injury?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:36   #3
Senior Member+

Rory injured & also banned for the first two games]]

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:58   #4
Full Member+

Thanks

Evil looks to be a worthy replacement for those two games ... unless we need him as a goalie instead!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:19   #5

Last night was the 1st friendly I've been able to get to, and I was really impressed with the lads performance. At times we kept possession excellently. Its also good to see us actually get the ball down and pass it. The movement from the front 6 was great (was it just me or is Ian Craney very akin to gazza circa 1990?!?) and it looks like we're gonna get bags of goals this season.

Only worry was the defence (apart from Cav), which looked a bit flat footed at times and might have got punished against better opposition. A commanding (and talented!) centre-half is desperately needed!

Ps Warhurst was shockingly poor!
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:25   #6
Senior Member+

ian hughes is that centre half
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:57   #7

Whalley Red nowt wrong with Rory, he was being rested. I spoke to him earlier in the evening when he told me he wasn't playing.
Bottletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 12:15   #8
God Member

Some pics from last nights game now on my website
Old 23-07-2004, 17:07   #9
Junior Member+

Thought the team did very well last night.The players will get fitter playing more games together.Read somewhere that Stuart Howson is a left sided centre-back so why is he playing left back.Still looks a good player though.
boston boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..