Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2011, 06:10   #1
God Member

Late Kick Off Tonight

The programme will tonight feature an article on Stanley's plans for a new ground . BBC1 11.05 pm
Old 18-04-2011, 13:51   #2

Re: Late Kick Off Tonight

BBC Sport - Future is bright for Accrington Stanley
Old 18-04-2011, 14:22   #3
God Member

still no 'flesh on the bones' so to speak. I'm looking forward to whether this ever happens but the big day will be the unveiling of plans. That is the day that this club and its fans can start to get giddy.
Old 18-04-2011, 14:26   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I'm giddy now mate, never expected this position pre-season.
Old 18-04-2011, 14:50   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I was enjoying that video until the last 15 or so seconds. All credit to the players for keeping going, but if I was one of them I'd be looking to move on to another club at the end of the season.
Old 18-04-2011, 15:06   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I was enjoying that video until the last 15 or so seconds. All credit to the players for keeping going, but if I was one of them I'd be looking to move on to another club at the end of the season.
Absolutely.

I found the closing seconds quite dark and threatening; these lads have been exemplary on and off the pitch; they are Accrington Stanley’s reason for being. Putting out this sort of media is an insult to what they have achieved this season in my opinion. If this continues these lads may well take us into League One only to leave and disperse across the leagues.

Stop talking about building new stadia; it’s pointless when we can’t look after our own. Invest in what we have now “Our Players and their Managers” or someone else will.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 15:06   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I was enjoying that video until the last 15 or so seconds.
It was such an upbeat report until then. All very odd
Old 18-04-2011, 15:09   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It was such an upbeat report until then. All very odd
I read it to be a statement of intent from the Team . Wakey wakey time for our new board...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 15:30   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Won't play over here (BBC rights issue or some such) can someone give me the scuttlebutt please ? Thanks.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 15:30   #10

I read it has "one more balls up on the wages front, and i'm off" John Coleman looked and sounded particularly angry to me. Every other club in the North West has now been alerted to this, two of which are still on the lookout for a manager.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 15:42   #11
God Member

Quite upbeat as people say till the last little bit

My own thoughts at this stage are also reflected in that at the moment we are a way off any new stadium.

We have to work with what we have got in terms of facilities, supports & sponsorship opportunities things that make the place tick now on a day to day, yes no stone should be unturned in making it viable and self sufficient but at the moment everything is from a clean slate and we need to stabilise and build on what we have first & foremost get that support pushed up towards the 2000 mark and keep it there.

We are on the verge of something in terms of play-off spots here and anything that takes the focus away from that is not good.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 15:56   #12
Senior Member+

This is the second time that this has been published or spoken in the press/media. Personally, whilst I have every sympathy for the team/management, I do not beleive they should be looking to the press/media to air their grievances, my own opinion is they should be looking to the directors and chairperson to moan to. Bad form in my book. Keep these problems in house but keep up the form on the field. When the manager says he is trying to keep the players away from these problems how on earth can he, they know if they have not been paid.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 16:04   #13
Senior Member+

Fantastic report........... until the last 20 seconds or so.

Please somebody sort this mess once and for all
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 16:14   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
This is the second time that this has been published or spoken in the press/media. Personally, whilst I have every sympathy for the team/management, I do not beleive they should be looking to the press/media to air their grievances, my own opinion is they should be looking to the directors and chairperson to moan to. Bad form in my book. Keep these problems in house but keep up the form on the field. When the manager says he is trying to keep the players away from these problems how on earth can he, they know if they have not been paid.
Absolutely agree with your post Ozzy & have to say I find it strange that it has only been spoken of in this way to the press since the takover was completed, never once did they mention it when the last regime was letting them down time & time again & we all know who paid the wages on those occasions so why would they doubt him now?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 16:30   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Absolutely agree with your post Ozzy & have to say I find it strange that it has only been spoken of in this way to the press since the takover was completed, never once did they mention it when the last regime was letting them down time & time again & we all know who paid the wages on those occasions so why would they doubt him now?
May be the owd cynic in me, but it looks to me like someone is trying to work it up Mr Khan?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..