Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2008, 07:49   #1
Senior Member+

Latest Jimmy Bell Revelations!.

In last night's telegraph Jimmy gives us 'the inside line!'...
(quote) 'at the moment there does not seem to be an abundance of goals from us, APART from Paul Mullin or Ian Craney'
(end of quote).
Now I am quite overwhelmed by this analysis, because I always understood 'abundance' to mean 'a great and plentiful amount'.
Have I been in some parallel universe for the last month or two
because I just can't recall either Paul or Ian scoring many goals at all , let alone an abundance !. Or is this just Mr Bell assuming that those who choose to read his column looking for some interesting information regarding 'the Reds' are in the main, a load of morons ?.
From this he arrives at the startling conclusion that ' we need a goalscorer, without a shadow of a doubt. We have missed that'...Then Jimmy goes on to suggest that this is down to the 'passing of Roscoe D'Sane', what perspicacity !, ( I wonder if he's mentioned this fact to John Coleman ?).
As the Headline of his column proclaims 'STRIKER MUST BE TOP OF OUR PRIORITIES', one wonders why then have JC and JB,obviously realising this fact, not done something about it before now instead of applying the ad-hoc and totaly unsuccessful 'strike formations' which we have witnessed over the past month or so ?. So much for 'Priorities!'.
Finally, having noted that since Roscoe left, He ( Paul Mullin) has been left doing much more work ( Poor lad, if he does any more work he'll be disappearing up his own...)....but WE are
looking at ways to CONTAIN his energy levels !!.
Now if I was Paul Mullin I'd be watching my Back, and everything else, because who knows what Machiavellian training methods our forward-thinking Managers have in store for him ? ....Massive doses of PHYLLOSAN ?..because 'a striker must top our list of priorities'!.( any more ideas out there?)
Jimmy's column is an absolute HOOT, and the funniest thing since 'Beachcomber'....if only it wasn't so near the truth!.

STANLEY 1.......BARNET 1.

'WHAT ME WORRY' ?'...'ON STANLEY...ON!!'

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2008, 08:14   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Latest Jimmy Bell Revelations!.

why not pop into the club house after the game on saturday and chat to Jimmy about your concerns?

just a thought

Loweiy
Old 18-04-2008, 08:37   #3
Senior Member+

Alternatively read Paul Mullins take on the subject in the Observer where he says and I quote "I have only scored 13 goals this season and only 2 this year, I would like to get a couple more before the end of the season". So just who is telling porkies, and I know for fact it aint PM

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 12:56   #4
Senior Member+

Interesting post yonmon and it's good that Stanley fans can debate these issues on the forum. You don't always need the addition of the 'horses mouth' to discuss football. Fans have been doing a job of doing that for years.
Old 18-04-2008, 14:11   #5
Senior Member+

Paul Mullin was the only player who gave a toss in the 1st half against Notts County.
He isnt scoring because Craney is not a proper strike partner.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 22:59   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
why not pop into the club house after the game on saturday and chat to Jimmy about your concerns?
Why, can he not read?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 23:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Why, can he not read?
They wont want to read anything negative the fans are saying about them, because we should all be greatful and fall at their feet, for all the fantastic work they have done this season.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..