Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2006, 22:08   #16

Re: Latest on Leighton McGivern?

Worst part was the poor Lad was left writhing in agony after he got clogged, both the Ref and the Liner seemed reluctant to stop the play. Miserable performance from the Officials today

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2006, 22:09   #17
God Member

Against the current guidelines there keeper threw the ball out.. so good on him
Old 16-12-2006, 22:31   #18

It was an absolute joke... he was visably in agony yet the game carried on for ages!!! both ref and linesmen were a joke!!!!!
Old 16-12-2006, 22:34   #19
God Member

Whilst you feel sympathy for those who are genuinely injured it's become an incredible art for a referee to tell the difference between real and fake.
Old 16-12-2006, 22:42   #20
God Member

yep... if they see a head injury they take no chances.. otherwise leave to play goes out... so many divers and kidders about hard for the ref to make the right decision..
Old 16-12-2006, 22:49   #21

I agree 100% but surely if they are not straight back up then maybe it is an actual injury... he was down for a couple of mins before someone decided to stop play, an absolute joke!!!!!
Old 17-12-2006, 10:03   #22
God Member

It was obviously bad for Leighton but I agree with what has been said - the modern game is becoming virtually impossible to referee with diving saturating games.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2006, 17:29   #23
God Member

does this mean a return for browny to come and sit on our bench till january when we find some cover???
Old 17-12-2006, 17:38   #24
Senior Member+

Official site says McGivern will be out for up to 4 months. Very bad news for him and the team. He looked to be the answer to some of our problems.
Old 17-12-2006, 17:45   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Worst part was the poor Lad was left writhing in agony after he got clogged, both the Ref and the Liner seemed reluctant to stop the play. Miserable performance from the Officials today
It wasn't the only time though was it, 3 times we had players down and it seemed to take ages for play to stop

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2006, 17:46   #26
Super Moderator

Can't believe the bad luck we're having with injuries this season. Everytime I've seen McGivern he's looked the business to me (which is why I've sponsored his shirt). Thought he was playing superbly yesterday. I just hope he recovers in less than four months.
Old 17-12-2006, 20:26   #27
God Member

I just hope the Mac player who deliberately and blatantly inflicted the injury on McGivern is proud of himself. The poor lads season is probably over and the b*****d who did it got off scot free thanks to the delay by the linesman in stopping play.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 10:12   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I just hope the Mac player who deliberately and blatantly inflicted the injury on McGivern is proud of himself. The poor lads season is probably over and the b*****d who did it got off scot free thanks to the delay by the linesman in stopping play.
Hows speeding up the delay gonna help get the player into trouble

I think its getting harder for the officials to know when a player is actually hurt or if a player dived, which the players only have themself to blame for diving (not saying Leighton did dive) but we see it all the time, players diving and if the Referee stopped it everytime a player went down the game would never get going, and then we would moan that the Ref is trying get all the attention.
Old 18-12-2006, 10:54   #29
Senior Member+

Says on bbc that browny's extended his stay at burtoon for another month
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 11:25   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Hows speeding up the delay gonna help get the player into trouble

I think its getting harder for the officials to know when a player is actually hurt or if a player dived, which the players only have themself to blame for diving (not saying Leighton did dive) but we see it all the time, players diving and if the Referee stopped it everytime a player went down the game would never get going, and then we would moan that the Ref is trying get all the attention.
I didn't say doing something about it sooner would have helped Leighton, but by not stopping play straight away the dirty clogger who broke his ankle got away with it because he was away up the field and the ref had no idea who the culprit was.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..