Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 01:36   #16
Full Member+

Re: League 2 relegation 2014/15

Hartlepool have been down there all season so that one's looking likely. Cheltenham or York will join them on the last day of the season.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2015, 10:13   #17
Full Member+

Hartlepool have gone already, I have grave fears for Tranmere, however I do think Cheltenham are the next favourites to go down. I also don't think we can make the play offs barring an unprecedented run of wins and some clean sheets.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 18:40   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Why would you want that ?

We bring 400 to the Crarn Grarnd which is more than most.
Bragging rights and banter my dear friend. When we get our next 3 point installment off you its going to be a tight race to the finish once again. I'd prefer the cushion of a league between us. No offence like ...
Old 10-03-2015, 21:31   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Bragging rights and banter my dear friend. When we get our next 3 point installment off you its going to be a tight race to the finish once again. I'd prefer the cushion of a league between us. No offence like ...
Well as we are going to be above you again no fear of relegation.

The only Morecambe fans that want Accrington relegated are the silly kids who haven't been through thick and thin in the NPL etc. I didn't have you down as a silly kid before.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 21:37   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
I didn't have you down as a silly kid before.
He's not, he's just got a weird sense of humour I think he enjoys Stanley - Shrimps games really .... especially the results
Old 10-03-2015, 21:46   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
He's not, he's just got a weird sense of humour I think he enjoys Stanley - Shrimps games really .... especially the results
Well I f***ing don't enjoy them but I don't want Accrington relegated !

I prefer the "big" clubs to go down and teams like Dagenham , Accrington and Morecambe to stay in it.

I am very bullish about our home game with Accrington , the hoodoo is going to be broken (if Richard Brodie could take a decent penalty it would have gone 2 years ago)
Old 11-03-2015, 09:15   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am very bullish about our home game with Accrington , the hoodoo is going to be broken (if Richard Brodie could take a decent penalty it would have gone 2 years ago)
The way to be sure of beating us is to be in serious danger of relegation by the time the game comes round. We always lose when we should be nailing down coffin lids .

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't want you relegated either - and I wouldn't want you going up without us!
Old 11-03-2015, 19:27   #23
God Member

If you promise to stop finishing above us then I'd be happy for you to remain in the league. I well remember the NPL days (i was one of the lads who carried our keeper off after a five nil thrashing at CP). Morecambe were always a far 'bigger' non league team than us and thats why I'd enjoy the cushion of a league between us - our turn to be big brother fer a bit.

Ive never wished ill on your lot and joined with many other Stans on the Northstand for the play offs but still, please allow me a wishful gloat!!

For the record I'm still silly from time to time!
Old 16-03-2015, 10:33   #24

Hartlepools would seem to have too much to do. Sitting on the fence for the other club. Tidying up at home (!) I found a scrap of paper about Stanley from 17 march 2013. From memory it said Stanley had 40 points from 39 games - and were still looking over their shoulders fearing the worst, you would have said.
In the middle of april on a friday night Stanley played Morecambe and won 2-0. a goal in each half. I remember the Morecambe goalie sitting on his backside as the ball was deflected to the other side of him! Turning point that night? It felt like that to me anyway. And they sang "We are Stanley, we are staying up!" No worries this time?
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 15:10   #25
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Morecambe_Red;1135755]Well I f***ing don't enjoy them but I don't want Accrington relegated !

I prefer the "big" clubs to go down and teams like Dagenham , Accrington and Morecambe to stay in it.

I agree with you. I have a quite a 'Parochial' outlook on football clubs and always enjoy our Northern clubs Lording it over theose from 'Dahn Sathe'.
After Stanley's result I always look to see how our Lancashire and Yorkshire neighbours have gone on!
I would prefer it if Cheltenham and Dagenham went down but I think it will be Cheltenham and Hartlepool for the drop this season.
ps. I hope that Halifax can make it back with promotion from The Conference!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 06:59   #26
God Member

Demotion this season is beyond prediction. As the season grows to a close, threatened teams (Carlisle, Hartlepool last night) get some unexpected results. What's vital is that Stanley don't add to any other team's hope of survival.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 08:53   #27

Some good results for the bottom few last night, might not be as cut and dried as it was a few weeks ago.

Beat York on Saturday and we will be 11 clear of danger with 8 to play.

York & Tranmere for me.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 16:19   #28
Junior Member+

York v Cheltenham on Good Friday is huge
bigdavethemaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 07:39   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

You know those "bragging rights" , I think we've got them
Old 26-04-2015, 08:11   #30
God Member

Looks like Hartlepool spoilt a few predictions on here

The irony of course is the manager that saved them was sacked from the club who went down.

Football's a funny old game
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..