Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2008, 18:28   #1
God Member

League Position!!!

Just took a look at the table and to be honest it does not make good reading If it were not for the 3 minus teams we would be 22nd place and just 3 points above the drop zone. For a team that has always improved season on season and in their 3rd season back in the Football League it is not good enough What happens next season if nobody goes into administration?? What do we do then.We have to start getting some results(Chester/Grimsby for starters)and give us the fans something to shout about.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2008, 18:33   #2
God Member

Re: League Position!!!

Maybe Eric is saving up for next season knowing they had a very high chance of not being relegated this season
Old 21-12-2008, 18:41   #3
God Member

Heard he put his hand in his pocket for a purchase, which was sadly not for players.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 19:12   #4

Thumbs down Re: League Position!!!

not to make things any look s--- if we dont get any thing from the next to games we may be 3 off the bottom sorry of this one
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 19:19   #5
God Member

If they dont collect over the festive games then the run in could be too much for them to get points from.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 14:00   #6

When you read the W D L in league table it makes you realise the precarious position we would be in if there had been no teams with points deductions.To say we would be in deep doo-doo is a understatement,if we don't start winning again the nightmare could soon become a squeaky bum time reality.We may have a awful injury list but come on lads where's the accy bulldog spirit,lets GET INTO THEM.

ACCY TILL I DIE.:alrig ht:
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 20:22   #7
Senior Member+

no need to panic - we will be ok. We have enough quality in the squad to be heading for mid table.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 00:39   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Just took a look at the table and to be honest it does not make good reading If it were not for the 3 minus teams we would be 22nd place and just 3 points above the drop zone. For a team that has always improved season on season and in their 3rd season back in the Football League it is not good enough What happens next season if nobody goes into administration?? What do we do then.We have to start getting some results(Chester/Grimsby for starters)and give us the fans something to shout about.

Hello, Valairian.
We haven't met (I think) but I can immediately strike a rapport with someone who clearly cares so much about the future of Accrington Stanley.

The several questions which you pose are very relevant to the Club's future, but I don't think that they are original.

At the beginning of this season it was clear that the performances of Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham would be crucial to Stanley's position at the end.

There are very clever people called 'actuaries' who make their money by advising upon the insuring of risks such as this, but I am not one of them.

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) I'd put my money on that astonishing man, that unique person in the history of Accrington Stanley, that human computer (because ordinary computers don't swear) , that splendid fellow called Eric Whalley.

Eric and his colleagues would have had it all worked out many months ago, and I trust that the season will finish exactly as planned, with minimum capital outlay.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 09:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
Hello, Valairian.
We haven't met (I think) but I can immediately strike a rapport with someone who clearly cares so much about the future of Accrington Stanley.

The several questions which you pose are very relevant to the Club's future, but I don't think that they are original.

At the beginning of this season it was clear that the performances of Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham would be crucial to Stanley's position at the end.

There are very clever people called 'actuaries' who make their money by advising upon the insuring of risks such as this, but I am not one of them.

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) I'd put my money on that astonishing man, that unique person in the history of Accrington Stanley, that human computer (because ordinary computers don't swear) , that splendid fellow called Eric Whalley.

Eric and his colleagues would have had it all worked out many months ago, and I trust that the season will finish exactly as planned, with minimum capital outlay.
Mr Morton,
I believe also that we have not met, unless we have brushed shoulders in The Clayton End!

I have to agree with most of what you have posted(I have myself had very similar thoughts/conversations with a fellow football fan - a Shots fan - about the minus points Teams and King Coley's thoughts of final position and as you put it out lay.)

The reason for my post is the final couple of lines - What about next season - We started off this season OK(apart from The Shots defeat) playing and passing well, The Vale/Macc, but we have fizzeled out to same old same old! Hope that your thought about King Coley and Sir Swearalot are correct and that in our 4th season back in the Football League, we are replying to posts about going straight up or settling for the play offs !!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 09:43   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
But in the meantime, how many supporters and potential supporters will we have lost on the way? How would the actuaries calculate this?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 09:50   #11
God Member

Welcome back Henry Morton. I, and many others, have missed your unique writing style, please carry on.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 10:05   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Welcome back Henry Morton. I, and many others, have missed your unique writing style, please carry on.
I'll second that. Hope to see you back on the Clayton End soon!
Old 24-12-2008, 10:11   #13
God Member

Thirded!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 10:16   #14
Senior Member+

Yes welcome back Henry.

There are not many people who write as well as you and Phil Whalley do on threads.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 15:11   #15

I've had many a fond time reading your posts Henry.

Welcome back!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..