Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 16:04   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Leam gong ?????...

A few random thoughts ....

To start with, disappointed after Leam did a great job stopping the slide.

Secondly, surprised that someone would move from No 1 to No 2 - unless he doesn't really like the pressure.

And from a club that has proved it doesn't (or maybe can't afford to) do kneejerk sackings to one that does (and can) ......

If it's for money, that means we're offering our No 1 (significantly?) less than Chesterfield offer their No 2 - ouch.

Maybe Leam did actually show loyalty by not moving when Cook did - there were plenty of people saying he would go then, but he didn't. But then again, maybe there was always a plan.

Finally, I do fear we can colour Romy gone - though I really hope not.

Whatever, On Stanley On!!
Revived Red likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 16:12   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
If I'd had to spend weeks reading mindless posts about "sack the manager" and "bring back Coley", and someone offer to double my salary (or whatever) I'd probably have walked too ...........

Damn shame, but if you feel unwanted it's another factor in the decision .......
Its clearly the fault of the fans who questioned are worst ever run in the league.

Who is the snake now!

He who laughs last laughs longest!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 16:16   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Who is the snake now!
!
Obviously YOU
Greeny likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 16:21   #64
Senior Member+

Yeah
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 16:52   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I saw this thread and thought he'd won a medal...
OK Mike !!...A seven-o-clock in the morning shadow was clouding my thinking at the time !!....but Touche anyway !!.
MikeA likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:15   #66
Full Member+

Paul Cook is indeed a nasty piece of work as we already knew,but he might have done Stanley a favour. Leam Richardson was probably not shown the door when we went ages without a win because we couldn't afford to pay him off. Well now we don't have to, infact we can wave him goodbye with a nice cheque on the way.
I'd like Coley and Jimmy back but if they prove to costly how about giving James Beattie a chance providing that he wants it?
ianray likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:20   #67
Senior Member+

Agreed, get Beatts involved
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:31   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Nah Davo wouldn't like that.
Old 30-04-2013, 17:49   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
All for giving a young manager a chance, but does he not still live on the south coast?? I seem to remember talk of his weekly 6 hour drive.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:54   #70
Full Member+

Unbelievable ....to quote Cammy on Sky...

First I knew about this was when I went to get the "Bellylaugh" (L.E.T.) from the local newsagents when had my first break at work this morning. Quickly going straight to the back page to read the sports news to be greeted with what I thought was "lazy" journalism.....

"Richardson's Reds future in doubt" screamed the sub headline...

How wrong I was proved.

After watching his post match interview on the fishy last night, I really thought Leam was in it for the long haul. Apparently not.

I couldn't blame anyone for wanting to further their career. I can't really blame anyone who wants to provide a bit more financial security for his young ( & soon to be expanding ) family.

What I can't get head around is the fact that he's given up the relative security of the job he had here as No1, to the insecurity of being sidekick to somebody who's already got his doubters at Chesterfield. If they don't hit the ground running next season, I foresee "the snake" and his new sidekick getting p45's before Christmas.

Thanks for keeping us up Leam. Though I think you've made a big mistake joining the "slithering one" in the shadow of the crooked spire.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 18:16   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Very funny comment on Chesterfield Forum = "Cook has put more people on the dole than Thatcher" Hope yeh know what yer doing Leam.
Old 30-04-2013, 18:21   #72
God Member

Last night I was extolling my 'love' of Stanley and 'passion' for Leam and the clubs future...This morning, I think Leam is a
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 18:23   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I wonder how many Leam face masks are left from sat? Its obvious to all but the totally numb,talks had gone on before then.

Last edited by cashman; 30-04-2013 at 18:28.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 18:43   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Leam would have known about this over the weekend if he had contact with Cook. Having heard his speeches over the weekend and those of his players and staff ( especially James Beattie ) who couldn't speak highly enough of his qualities, Leam's managerial potential and ambitions will not be interupted by dropping down to Assistant Manager. Given what's happened at Chesterfield the rumours were always going to be there.
Oh well, that's me in the totally clueless knows jack group
Stevie R likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 18:44   #75

Quite funny comments on Chesterfield Forum....

Even Cashy gets name-checked. Post 19

Leam Richardson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..