Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Leam gong ?????...

Is this to be yet another thread sinking into a morass of 'I said - you said !' ??...
This morning, my Crystal Ball, when the mists had cleared, revealed a balmy Saturday afternoon in early Autumn 2013 at the Storefirst Stadium. I couldn't quite make out who the Man in the Dugout was but that didn't seem to matter one bit !. But there on The Clayton End were The Ultras out in force with Banners aloft and The Drumbeat as loud as in days of yore !..and I could even spot quite clearly several of the beloved 'Owd Farts' drooped over a supportive barrier !
.The Main Stand contained, as well as The Directors and their Guests ( All waiting for the half of Meat Pie
at the Interval !)..
  • the usual faces and F19 waiting to confuse any unsuspecting visiting fan with a tirade of Tactical Knowhow !...They were all there you know !.AND I suspect that this prediction won't be too far from the actual event, because although like me, whilst all fans would dearly love to see the Manager of their choice in the Dugout for the 2013/2014 Season, at the end of the day it won't matter one little bit who is there, for WE support our Club and the Team we just love to follow, watch, and admire !.
  • So Mes ami...in the words of someone else...
  • "
  • Don't force things, let life decide what happens. If it's meant to be, then it will be. Just wait and see.!"

Last edited by yonmon; 01-05-2013 at 10:06.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41   #107
Senior Member+

Even the bookies are expecting Chesterfield to be challenging next season

Winners
League 2 Next Season Winner Betting Odds | Football Betting | Oddschecker

Promotion
League 2 Next Season Promotion Betting Odds | Football Betting | Oddschecker
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57   #108
Senior Member+

Not like us to be predicted to finish bottom

We will defy the odds
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03   #109
God Member

There's an interview with Leam on the 2BR website.

Basically said it's time for a change and a geographical influence

2BR - News - Exclusive - Leam Richardson on his decision to leave Stanley
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

He stood behind me in the foyer that night whilst I was picking up my season ticket renewal - I thought there was something fishy about it seeing that neither we nor Plymouth were playing them again this season! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Just copied this from Bobs Board" As i suspected this has been going on fer a bit, Aint just happened. Unless Stanley gave permission to talk back then? Which i very much doubt.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
He stood behind me in the foyer that night whilst I was picking up my season ticket renewal - I thought there was something fishy about it seeing that neither we nor Plymouth were playing them again this season! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Just copied this from Bobs Board" As i suspected this has been going on fer a bit, Aint just happened. Unless Stanley gave permission to talk back then? Which i very much doubt.
Something not right about it all, LR said to the group we where with that he was looking forward to next season I get the feeling the club knew about this some time ago and JC who was also in and around the place Saturday night is being lined up to come back.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47   #112
Senior Member+

Can't say I'm extremely bothered tbf! Liam's tactics were awful at times. He brought in some good lads but I think he didn't have the experience and was way out of his league! In my eyes , he got us in the **** and then got us and himself out of it! I think it's alot to do with pressure why he has left ! Maybe he's just one of them people who would rather be a number 2 , have less pressure and pick up a decent pay packet! I think he might regret it in the long run as some people would chop their right arm off to be a league 2 manager ! If he always wants to be a number 2 then fair enough!

Also very disappointed in loyalty. Apparently the club didn't know and it was out of the blue . For some reason it's a little obvious it's been planned between him and cook. Accrington Stanley at the minute seems to be a walk all over club !

Coleman back for me. Not too bothered about jimmy.
smobile likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post

Are they not joined at the hip ?
Old 01-05-2013, 14:21   #114

Quote:
can't say i'm extremely bothered tbf! Liam's tactics were awful at times. He brought in some good lads but i think he didn't have the experience and was way out of his league! In my eyes , he got us in the **** and then got us and himself out of it! I think it's alot to do with pressure why he has left ! Maybe he's just one of them people who would rather be a number 2 , have less pressure and pick up a decent pay packet! I think he might regret it in the long run as some people would chop their right arm off to be a league 2 manager ! If he always wants to be a number 2 then fair enough!

Also very disappointed in loyalty. Apparently the club didn't know and it was out of the blue . For some reason it's a little obvious it's been planned between him and cook. Accrington stanley at the minute seems to be a walk all over club !

no thanks james beattie
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 14:59   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Also very disappointed in loyalty
A number of people on here showed him neither loyalty or respect just a few short weeks ago

Say what you like, that will have an effect on anybody's morale

Should we perhaps wait until the true story comes out before we brand him "snake" as well? I think he deserves better than that ...........
cashman, Revived Red and Chubbyman like this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 15:56   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Dear, dearest DAV 007.
Who cares about Chesterfield? I don,t!
Perhaps you would be better off signing up on their forum and leave us alone?!
Redraine is RED, RED, RED, RED through and through and needs no lessons from you on how to be a true Stanley fan.
All this talk of who is going to be manager is totally pointless as we know absolutely NOWT!
Just turn up in August and give 100% to the Stanley as a true Stanley fan always does!
ON STANLEY ON!!!
Revived Red, Chubbyman and McKayz like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 17:43   #117
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=choirboy;1056780]Dear, dearest DAV 007.
tely NOWT!
Just turn up in August and give 100% to the Stanley as a true Stanley fan always does!
ON STANLEY ON!!![/QUOTE

And I repeat to all true Fans, and to those with opinions which give one cause for concern.!..

Don't force things, let life decide what happens. If it's meant to be, then it will be. Just wait and see.!

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:02   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Redraine is RED, RED, RED, RED through and through and needs no lessons from you on how to be a true Stanley fan.
I'm sure he'll see the funny side if I said top to bottom as well
Old 01-05-2013, 18:15   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm sure he'll see the funny side if I said top to bottom as well
How did you know I've got piles?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:45   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
A number of people on here showed him neither loyalty or respect just a few short weeks ago

Say what you like, that will have an effect on anybody's morale

Should we perhaps wait until the true story comes out before we brand him "snake" as well? I think he deserves better than that ...........
No one criticised the man, on the contrary his personality and history with the club was praised.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..