Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 18:56   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Leam gong ?????...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No one criticised the man, on the contrary his personality and history with the club was praised.
Cobblers yeh said he wasn't up to the job, or is that praise n i'm stupid?
Stanleymad and Chubbyman like this.
Old 01-05-2013, 19:47   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
If I'd had to spend weeks reading mindless posts about "sack the manager" and "bring back Coley", and someone offer to double my salary (or whatever) I'd probably have walked too ...........

Damn shame, but if you feel unwanted it's another factor in the decision .......
Quote:
Its clearly the fault of the fans who questioned are worst ever run in the league.

Who is the snake now!

He who laughs last laughs longest!
Quote:
A number of people on here showed him neither loyalty or respect just a few short weeks ago

Say what you like, that will have an effect on anybody's morale

Should we perhaps wait until the true story comes out before we brand him "snake" as well? I think he deserves better than that ...........
Quote:
No one criticised the man, on the contrary his personality and history with the club was praised.
In both replies you "quoted" my earlier post above

Explain, please, your last post above, bearing in mind your use of the phrase "who is the snake now". Is that not a criticism?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:56   #123
Senior Member+

I have now realised that what makes it so difficult to have any kind of rational and meaningful debate with DAV007 (and now Alvin and a couple of others) is that, as Exile on Spencer St said, they inhabit a kind of parallel universe. In their universe, comparatively simple words take on a strange new meaning and are interpreted in ways that are incomprehensible to those of us in the real world.

I think that is why so many threads quickly degenerate into mud slinging when these people become involved. Those of us hoping for intelligent debate and discussion are constantly confounded by having our thoughts and words twisted to fit into that other universe.

Like most people on here, I have no problem at all with opinions that may differ from mine. But I do have a problem when my words, and the words of others, are twisted in an attempt to make them say what they never said.
Redraine, cashman, yonmon and 3 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 22:41   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
In both replies you "quoted" my earlier post above

Explain, please, your last post above, bearing in mind your use of the phrase "who is the snake now". Is that not a criticism?
The above statement was made AFTER he had decided to leave Stanley.
You now think it had a bearing on his decision as well?
Logic?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 22:43   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I have now realised that what makes it so difficult to have any kind of rational and meaningful debate with DAV007 (and now Alvin and a couple of others) is that, as Exile on Spencer St said, they inhabit a kind of parallel universe. In their universe, comparatively simple words take on a strange new meaning and are interpreted in ways that are incomprehensible to those of us in the real world.

I think that is why so many threads quickly degenerate into mud slinging when these people become involved. Those of us hoping for intelligent debate and discussion are constantly confounded by having our thoughts and words twisted to fit into that other universe.

Like most people on here, I have no problem at all with opinions that may differ from mine. But I do have a problem when my words, and the words of others, are twisted in an attempt to make them say what they never said.
Rather than throw mud, why not give an example?
Old 01-05-2013, 23:52   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
The above statement was made AFTER he had decided to leave Stanley.
You now think it had a bearing on his decision as well?
Logic?
No, I don't think you calling him a snake had any bearing on his decision to resign. Nor did I suggest it did.

I said that some people showed him no loyalty or respect. I never mentioned criticism ..... You bought that word up. Criticism is not the same as lack of loyalty or respect. Your response was not a reply to what I'd said - it was a non-sequitur of your making.

However, since you had said no-one had criticised him even though you called I'm a snake, I invited you to comment on the anomaly. You either missed the point completely, or elected to ignore it. Either way I think Revived Red is right
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 00:12   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Like most people on here, I have no problem at all with opinions that may differ from mine. But I do have a problem when my words, and the words of others, are twisted in an attempt to make them say that I love Anneka Rice and wouldn't mind pudding my Treasure into her Hunt what they never said.

bloody hell RR, steady on old chap!!!!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 00:52   #128
Full Member+

I ended up with 8 of those Leam Richardson masks given out before last Saturday's game. Does anyone want them?
Dazzagee likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
No, I don't think you calling him a snake had any bearing on his decision to resign. Nor did I suggest it did.

I said that some people showed him no loyalty or respect. I never mentioned criticism ..... You bought that word up. Criticism is not the same as lack of loyalty or respect. Your response was not a reply to what I'd said - it was a non-sequitur of your making.

However, since you had said no-one had criticised him even though you called I'm a snake, I invited you to comment on the anomaly. You either missed the point completely, or elected to ignore it. Either way I think Revived Red is right

Again, your wrong.
I did not call him a snake, I wrote ' who is the snake now?'.
Sorry to dampen your agenda, but its important to be factual.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cobblers yeh said he wasn't up to the job, or is that praise n i'm stupid?
Summat else also Factual, funny yeh aint commented?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08   #131
Senior Member+

Your right cashman, I got it badly wrong.
B
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39   #132

The handbags of DAV007 & Cashman continue... Makes a good read.
cashman, smobile and Chubbyman like this.
Old 02-05-2013, 13:57   #133

Just for the records SNAKE NO1 Paul Cook SNAKE NO 2 Leam Richardson Reason being Leam had been sorting out a deal long before he left ASFC
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:32   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
Just for the records SNAKE NO1 Paul Cook SNAKE NO 2 Leam Richardson Reason being Leam had been sorting out a deal long before he left ASFC
Perhaps they are constructing a "Nest Of Vipers"?
Old 02-05-2013, 16:04   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps they are constructing a "Nest Of Vipers"?
Nothing can be addered to that. Ok, I'll get my coat!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..