Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2013, 12:35   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

We are not in the bottom two ( yet!),so we have to hold our nerve and match or better the points return of the teams around us.There is a bit of experience in the team now,which will be key.
Don't forget those around us will be feeling the same pressure,calling for there managers head etc ...
Our season starts on Saturday,and the team needs everyone behind them
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2013, 12:53   #32
God Member

ive been watching the situation from afar and im undecided but how many saturdays do we need they are running out fast. 4 points off the bottom.i hope im wrong but i think stanley will go down then john and jimmy will be back next season.
Old 17-02-2013, 12:58   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
We are not in the bottom two ( yet!),so we have to hold our nerve and match or better the points return of the teams around us.There is a bit of experience in the team now,which will be key.
Don't forget those around us will be feeling the same pressure,calling for there managers head etc ...
Our season starts on Saturday,and the team needs everyone behind them
No.
Our season started in August and fell apart in November.
Change the manager and we have a far better chance of staying up.
Old 17-02-2013, 13:02   #34
Senior Member+

Agreed with everything Dav007 has said.

No doubt Leam is a top bloke, but the results speak for themselves.

Unfortunately he is simply not up to it.

If he goes now, we may have a chance of staying up. I for one am NOT looking forward to the likes of Ebbsfleet and Braintree away.
smobile likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 13:06   #35
Senior Member+

Its not about being anti Leam, its about being pro Stanley.
smudgie likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 13:06   #36
Senior Member+

In a word........... CORRECT !
Old 17-02-2013, 13:10   #37
God Member

Who would you replace Liam with does anybody want the job with such a small budget according to our board when the snake left there were plenty of quality applicants who where these and are they still looking for a job.
Old 17-02-2013, 13:24   #38
Senior Member+

We only have to finish third from bottom,and the league tells me there are two worse teams than us at the moment.In relegation battles defence is key,and nick the odd goal,I believe we can pull thro.
Old 17-02-2013, 13:31   #39
Senior Member+

I think you need to take those red tinted specs off football19 and wise up to the situation.

We are bottom of the form table, and have been for a long time.

How long do u honestly think we wont be in the bottom 2 ?!?!!?

Not long is the answer.
Old 17-02-2013, 14:46   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I think you need to take those red tinted specs off football19 and wise up to the situation.

Not long is the answer.
I presume you have watched home and away games recently?,are you saying we have not at least matched the opposition?,
What's a new manager going to bring to the table,new tactics/players?,its easy calling for the managers head,but that won't score you goals,hard work and bit of luck is required.
I love John and Jimmy,but did they save rochdale with 17 games to go,once they got there own lads in,did it get any better?
You maybe spot on and a change may work,but at what cost(financially),
Old 17-02-2013, 15:02   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Not long is the answer.
Wimbledon & Aldershot both have winnable home games on Tuesday night, so we could be rock bottom come 10pm Tuesday.
Old 17-02-2013, 15:12   #42

With our current form, and Ive seen nothing recently to give me enough hope that it's going to improve any time soon, we're going to be in the bottom two sooner rather than later and the pressure will really be on then as we'll be playing catch up. I'm afraid it's going to take this for some supporters and the board to realise just what a desperate situation we're in.
Old 17-02-2013, 15:40   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I presume you have watched home and away games recently?,are you saying we have not at least matched the opposition?,
What's a new manager going to bring to the table,new tactics/players?,its easy calling for the managers head,but that won't score you goals,hard work and bit of luck is required.
I love John and Jimmy,but did they save rochdale with 17 games to go,once they got there own lads in,did it get any better?
You maybe spot on and a change may work,but at what cost(financially),
Its a proven fact when clubs employ a new manager results pick up.
They cant get any worse!

Can we expect a statement from the club tommorrow if Leam is going to stay or go?
Will we he get a vote of confidence or will it be a press conference to announce a new manager?
Old 17-02-2013, 15:49   #44
Senior Member+

To DAV007 and smudgie, neither of you have answered the real question, i.e. where does the pot of gold come from to pay off Leam? Stop posting negative comments and support the club, team and management. Sooner or later someone on here will ask moderators to stop allowing stupid nonsensical threads like this. And please, answer the damn question first!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 17-02-2013, 16:15   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its a proven fact when clubs employ a new manager results pick up.
Just like when we employed Paul Cook. Things were great after that.

Cook pushed his own agenda, made us 'more professional' but took out our grit; our fight.

I believe the reason we are not cemented to the bottom of the league already is Leam's attempts to plug the gaps with experience and more quality. He gambled on Beattie (and given the prospect, who wouldn't?!). Leam isn't perfect and as a young manager makes mistakes, but I can't see how a change in manager at this stage would help us at all. Not on the pitch or off it.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..