Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 10:52   #76
God Member

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Are you really that naive to think they would say anything else publicly?
No, and neither I am naive enough to think that you have personally spoken to each player & been given their opinions 'off the record'
Redash likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2013, 10:54   #77
Senior Member+

I could not agree more about your comnent regarding the town, the club has raised the towns profile no end.
And it would appear the town has done nothing in return to help the club and to maximise the opportunityhaving a football league club gives the town.

Most people have never heard of hydburn and couldnt tell you where Accrington is on a map. But you ask the average Joe to name something Accrington is famous for, I bet Stanley would be named in 9/10 responses.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:55   #78

I've found myself on the edge of negativity questioning the players fight and belief and Leams ability to reinstate that 'belief' into the team. Weve never had a world beating team, and we cant expect that but what we do have is the will to fight for what worked so hard to achieve...FOOTBALL LEAGUE STATUS.

Without doubt we are in a relegation battle now but for christ sake lets think positive.

Lets concentrate on Accrington Stanley getting the points and what goes hand in hand with that is FAITH, BELIEF... BLOODY GRIT not just from those 11lads on the pitch, but the thousand or so Stanley fans in the stands. If you wanna boo OUR team off or sing for the managers head dont bother turning up. We need togetherness not division (Your opinions are valid in terms of stats)

THE HARDER THE CONFLICT THE MORE GLORIOUS THE TRIUMPH
Old 19-02-2013, 10:56   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
No, and neither I am naive enough to think that you have personally spoken to each player & been given their opinions 'off the record'
Because I haven't.

Sorry for having an opinion on what is best for the club.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:03   #80

The fact of the matter is people (dave007) have every right to question a managers ability when we sit just 1point above relegation and have the one of, if not the worse form in the league.

However, I really cant see how calling for his head will help in this situation. OUR club needs support, it needs us all to pull togethe. We then have to put our trust in Leam and the players to fight for OUR survival.
choirboy likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:05   #81
God Member

Quote:
But you ask the average Joe to name something Accrington is famous for, I bet Stanley would be named in 9/10 responses.
As they did long before the club got back in the football league. Accrington Stanley isn't famous for getting back in the league.
Redash and Revived Red like this.
Old 19-02-2013, 16:01   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
I could not agree more about your comnent regarding the town, the club has raised the towns profile no end.
And it would appear the town has done nothing in return to help the club and to maximise the opportunityhaving a football league club gives the town.

Most people have never heard of hydburn and couldnt tell you where Accrington is on a map. But you ask the average Joe to name something Accrington is famous for, I bet Stanley would be named in 9/10 responses.
Suppose the other thing Accrington is famous for is Tiffany glass and the Market Hall being voted the best in Britain. Oh and by the way it is Hyndburn and how many people call it that, that is the title of the Borough not the district of Accrington. Hyndburn is an all encompassing title for the townships of Accrington, Church and Oswaldtwistle, Huncoat, Clayton-le-Moors, Great Harwood, Baxenden, Altham etc etc

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 19-02-2013, 16:09   #83
Senior Member+

ozzy,
Accrington is famous for its football club, nothing else.
Old 19-02-2013, 16:27   #84

And still will be whatever happens. I've been away from Accy now for 35 years living in various places but the first thing that people have always said when I've told them where I come from has been Accrington Stanley. Its a nationwide brand! I don't want to see us go down but as long as there's a club to support I'll be happy rather than going back to the dark days of the 1960's. For what it's worth, I know I complained they were too negative at Plymouth but until the injuries Lindfield was skinning their left back and we should have had three points. Relegation isn't a foregone conclusion so get behind the manager and the team.
Old 19-02-2013, 16:58   #85
Full Member+

Accrington is also famous for the Accrington Pals. I am not going of thread but Dav007 needs to know some history.
jaysay, mab and choirboy like this.
Old 19-02-2013, 17:15   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As they did long before the club got back in the football league. Accrington Stanley isn't famous for getting back in the league.
As some one once said Exactly
Old 19-02-2013, 17:17   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ozzy,
Accrington is famous for its football club, nothing else.
If ever I saw an ostrich
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:13   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If ever I saw an ostrich

Would ' an ostrich' in this instance happen to be a euphemism for 'a gadgy', which was your previously stated if ill-chosen definition of this fellow Forum user ?.
I happen to disagree with most of his opinions, which like everyone else he has a right to air, and which are I feel at times stated to wind the more conservative- minded amongst us well and truly up !... but would hopefully draw the line at using criticisms which are merely name-calling and suggestive of a flaw in another's character and behaviour... ( a simple and easy tack to take when someone has nothing more informative to say !) .
It could well be that he (or she ?) is an extremely sensitive person to whom the careless jibe could be emotionally injurious... and, worse still, might entrench his anti-Leam opinions to a degree which would cause the most mild-mannered amongst us to join in his vilification !!... Revived Red !.....I haven't strayed from the cause..honest !.

Old 19-02-2013, 18:25   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Would ' an ostrich' in this instance happen to be a euphemism for 'a gadgy', which was your previously stated if ill-chosen definition of this fellow Forum user ?.
I happen to disagree with most of his opinions, which like everyone else he has a right to air, and which are I feel at times stated to wind the more conservative- minded amongst us well and truly up !... but would hopefully draw the line at using criticisms which are merely name-calling and suggestive of a flaw in another's character and behaviour... ( a simple and easy tack to take when someone has nothing more informative to say !) .
It could well be that he (or she ?) is an extremely sensitive person to whom the careless jibe could be emotionally injurious... and, worse still, might entrench his anti-Leam opinions to a degree which would cause the most mild-mannered amongst us to join in his vilification !!... Revived Red !.....I haven't strayed from the cause..honest !.

I just get fed up when the record's stuck
stanley convert likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:31   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I just get fed up when the record's stuck

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..