Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 19:39   #91

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Dav007 you seem to be pretty well in the know as to the relationship between Leam and the team would you like enlighten us on the source of your information !!!!!!!!!!!!!! also in your obviously expert opinion what is the answer to the reds lack of form oh hang on JC & JB one word matey RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!!!
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2013, 19:46   #92
Senior Member+

I have to agree with ASfc62. We must get behind the team and the manager. We all know that we have not been able to develop a strong enough squad this season but I am absolutely 100% sure that all the players as well as the mangemant are doing their utmost to try and get the points that we need in order to survive this season! It has been discussed on other posts that we don't have the money or the "clout" or the appeal to attract good players to come to Accrington. This season has been a transition after Coley and Jimmy left last year and then the short tenure of Cooky. Leam is a young manager and he is trying his best to get the team playing with confidence. As supporters we need to look at it simply..... The role of supporter is like that in a marriage..."For better for worse, for richer for poorer" etc. Now times are rough but we shouldn't be arguing amongst ourseleves ... it is a recipe for more problems. As ASfc62 says, just get behind the team and shout and sing for them.... (sounding like a broken record from me these days!) Next Saturday is a great chance for us to show our true loyalty and support at home to Cheltenham. Let's all give it our best shot .....MANAGER, TEAM and SUPPORTERS showIng 100% solidarity in a great effort to get three points.
Come on you REDS!!!
Old 19-02-2013, 20:07   #93
Senior Member+

ps. I am happy to be an Ostrich and bury my head in the sand!!! Just so long as my beloved Stanley stay up!!
Old 19-02-2013, 20:13   #94
Senior Member+

What really annoys me is four months ago,leam was left with a young team which had far too many inexperienced loanees in it.He was on a hiding to nothing until the January window,and even then his hands were tied as we are not awash with money.
The lads we have brought in are much better than cookys loanees.
I know a few players he tried to get and I am sure they would have made a massive difference,unfortunately he couldn't get them,and to say he's not upto it is laughable,he knows our strengths and weaknesses,and only Beattie ( in my opinion) has yet to really deliver.
Not having the players even caught up with the great Brian Clough -eventually !!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 21:10   #95
Senior Member+

If your opinion is correct (if), then isnt Leam also to blame as he was fully aware of the squad Cook was building.
It was not as if he has come into the club after Cook had departed.
Old 19-02-2013, 21:20   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Accrington Stanley isn't famous for getting back in the league.
Personally, I'd prefer it to stay that way. Just the once is enough, as long as we stay there!
Old 19-02-2013, 21:43   #97
Senior Member+

Davo,are you sure Leam had any imput in cookys signings?Cooky probably did one when he realised how hard it was to entice quality players whilst paying peanuts.
This is backed up with at least five loan signings playing during his last couple of games,and even these were not top quality!
Old 19-02-2013, 22:22   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
ozzy,
Accrington is famous for its football club, nothing else.
You definitely need a history lesson. Oh and visit the most famous collection of glass just up Manchester Road near the junction of Granville Road. Howarth Art Gallery has been famous for having a collection of Tiffany glass for more years than I can remember. Then of course, the revamped Market Hall was voted as the best Victorian market hall only last year (I maybe slightly out on that one, but someone will put me right). And how can I forget the Accrington Pals! Accrington Stanley FC is famous as one of the first (if not the first) to go bust during a season in 1963, the milk advert and getting promotion back to the Football League. Please don't insult persons who have lived in the town for years and some who have left the town. I like some on here went on the terraces at Peel Park, did you? Lest we forget those dark days. Yes the supporters have had ups and downs, that is the nature of football. If we get relegated, then so be it, if we stay up then great. But please, stop slagging off the manager and support him and the team. P.S. I am not an ostrich, just a realist.
Greeny likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 19-02-2013, 22:26   #99
Senior Member+

Im in London in the morning, I will ask 20 staff what comes to mind when they think of Accrington.

I will post the results.

It wasnt intended to be a jibe at the town of Accrington, I was making the point that the football team is the most famous thing to come out of Accrington and the council has not returned the favour.
Old 19-02-2013, 22:30   #100
Full Member+

Accrington NORI 'ardest bricks in the world used all over the world. Empire State Building NYC and The Eiffel Tower Paris foundations to name two.
Old 19-02-2013, 22:39   #101

Plus the Blackpool Tower building and lots of the town.
Old 19-02-2013, 23:02   #102
God Member

i live in scotland now and travel all over britain its 100% when i mention accrington its always stanley .
Old 19-02-2013, 23:04   #103
Full Member+

If he had managed say 5 or 6 wins in the last 16 matches it wouldn't be so bad, but 1 win in 16 is hard to accept.To the the supporters of Liam Richardson! How many games do you think he/we will manage to win, out of the last 14?
I think at least 6 wins are required to save us and that's without the other teams at the bottom doing well.
Old 19-02-2013, 23:21   #104
God Member

3 wins, 3 draws with the wins coming against Barnet and Wimbledon. Job done.
AccyMad and fatgaz182 like this.
Old 19-02-2013, 23:37   #105

Come Saturdays, any noise from me will be in support of the team. I think it's wrong to boo the team and/or manager on match days as it's difficult enough as it is without that added pressure. If I'm dissatisfied on match days , I don't say anything. That is the way I choose to support the team.

However, I'll repeat my view that Leam is not up to the job at this stage of his career and the club took the cheap option in appointing him, and I'm afraid that through either stubborn loyalty or being unable to afford to release him from his managerial duties, retaining him as manager is increasing our chances of being relegated and if that happens, I think it will be a very long road back, and whilst saving money in the short term, the appointment may cost us dear.

If we do find ourselves relegated and Leam is our manager, lets not make him the scapegoat as in that scenario, the board will have demonstrated little in the way of leadership.

From the remaining fixtures, I can only see us picking up 12 points unless we have a dramatic improvement in form or luck or both. It feels like we need to be marooned at the bottom of the league before the majority realise what a dogfight we're in and are objective about our ability and chances of getting out of it. We're it not for a late Akinfenwa goal, we'd have been in the bottom two tonight and playing catch up.

I'll support my team and my club through thick and thin, however that won't stop me having an opinion on what I think is best for our club.
stanley convert and fatgaz182 like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..