Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 23:39   #106

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
3 wins, 3 draws with the wins coming against Barnet and Wimbledon. Job done.
That's the 12 points Macca, but looking at the points spread in the division, I don't think 44 will be enough this year. And I hope I'm proved wrong
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2013, 00:08   #107
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
And can you stop burying your head in the sand? No matter how much you support Leam, your not going to change the fact he is the wrong man for the job.
I for one am not "burying my head in the sand" as you so eloquently put it. I am a realist. I realise that the guy is struggling to get results at the moment. My opinion is as valid as yours.... so don't start trying to be-little me or others like me.

I, like many others on here who have a reasoned opinion... can't see how changing things at this stage will redress the balance or dramatically change the situation.

If you've got all the answers...... then post them on here now. O.K. by YOUR reckoning we sack Leam & do what exactly????. Turn to a former manager (and we all know who) who despite his undoubted proven record working here, might not even want to come back???

Assuming of course we can afford compensating Leam and financing the return of Coley and Bell????

So If Coleman (& Bell ) didn't want to take up the position (assuming it did become available ) who do we turn to next for salvation???? And assuming we do sack / relieve Leam of his managerial duties, is the next manager going to suddenly dramatically change things around and steer us clear of the mire???

Do the club have the funds available to "buy in" (i.e award juicy contracts) to another miracle working manager, assistant and backroom staff?????

Given that the transfer window has closed (we didn't have money to throw around anyway) and the loan market (in which you can only acquire surplus to requirements players) is about to close....do you really think that a new bloke can suddenly change things so dramatically??? Sir Alex Ferguson would have his work cut out sorting this situation out.

Once you've posted your no doubt infallible opinion.....I'm sure that the powers that be within the club, will then follow your answers and instructions to the letter, we'll win the last 14 games and might even scrape the play-offs.

To me it's a case of put up or shut up. You've been asked numerous times by numerous posters to give us your detailed answers on how YOU would wave YOUR magic wand and whisk Stanley away from the current predicament. Other than your boring...... scratched record, bog-standard retort of "sack Leam" you still dance around the questions and post negative garbage.

Quite simple really.

Answer the question or don't bother posting any more negative bilge.

Also.... why not try and stop contradicting yourself.......

Quote:
If your opinion is correct (if), then isnt Leam also to blame as he was fully aware of the squad Cook was building.
It was not as if he has come into the club after Cook had departed.
Hmmm .......when you read the next one of your "constructive" posts from another thread it will just go to show how silly you really look......

Quote:
Yes.
Why cant some of you admit, the style of football has been dire since Cook left
Maybe you seem to forget that before the serpent one jumped ship to go to Chesterfield we'd lost four on the bounce????
Revived Red and yonmon like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 20-02-2013, 02:54   #108
Senior Member+

I have never said your opinion is not valid, but I am allowed to disagree with it.
The game of football is all about opinions.
Opinions based on facts (results) are worth listening to, and the facts are under Leam our standing in the league has become perilous.
I do hope he turns it around, but the facts say otherwise.
And that is why a new manager is required, to bring about a change to get the team to 50 points.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..