Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 20:17   #1
Senior Member+

Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Worst in our league history or worst in our all time history?
fc:stanley and harakilen like this.
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 20:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

To clarify, by worst I am refering to his points total to games ratio.
Old 16-02-2013, 20:34   #3

Regardless of points ratios I believe a certain Welsh lollipop man would probably contest that honour.
Old 16-02-2013, 20:55   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Regardless of points ratios I believe a certain Welsh lollipop man would probably contest that honour.
That was a strange way of wishing him Happy 60th birthday today
Old 16-02-2013, 21:30   #5
Senior Member+

How did you know it was his birthday?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 16-02-2013, 22:39   #6
Resting in Peace

Bottom of the form!

The Football League | Stats | Current Form
Old 16-02-2013, 23:14   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Worst in our league history or worst in our all time history?
It's quite sad that there are some people who must waken up each morning and say to themselves "I wonder how negative I can be today?"
sparkie, Outback Ozzy, mab and 2 others like this.
Old 17-02-2013, 07:03   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
It's quite sad that there are some people who must waken up each morning and say to themselves "I wonder how negative I can be today?"
Its not negative, I am being realistic.
We are sleep walking into relegation under the excuse of 'loyalty' to a manager who is not delivering.
Leam has bee a good servant to the club, but the FACTS show his reign as manager to be a disaster.

This is not about being anti Leam, no Stanley fan could be anti Leam, he is a nice bloke who has worked hard for the club.
But we are in a race to the bottom, and the only thing we are able to change to see an improvement is the manager.

Coleman and Bell would keep us up, but the longer we leave it, the games are ticking away, the points are not being collected and our rivals are making gains.

You may not like the FACTS, but they speak alot louder than any words on a forum.
smudgie and fc:stanley like this.
Old 17-02-2013, 07:34   #9

nah it has to be Alty/Styring's effort in the early 90's
Old 17-02-2013, 08:07   #10

It's ok saying Coleman and bell wud keep us up but does any1 know if they wud be actually interested in taking over. It wud be a huge gamble for them in my opinion. Coming into a very grave situation with no funds to bring in fresh talent. If they where to oversee a relegation there reputation wud suffer a lot. Whilst I agree that something has to give soon to keep on harping on about Coleman and bell just smells like some1 with an agenda
Old 17-02-2013, 08:11   #11
Senior Member+

Yes,
I have an agenda.
An agenda of keeping stanley in the football league.
smudgie likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 08:12   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
To clarify, by worst I am refering to his points total to games ratio.
Yep strictly on points to ratio of games played I think you may be correct in saying Leam has the worst record, but that does not make him automatically the worst manage in Stanley’s history, there are a lot more statistics to take into account for the run of bad form, the obvious fact is the balance of payments that restrict the acquirement of quality players, the only circumstances for criticising the manager can be on No. 1 tactics No. 2 team choice No. 3 motivation of the players, on tactics and motivation, I have trust in the manager if he holds his job then the board must have confidence in him, on team choice is think fans always tend to disagree, personally I think Beattie I an albatross around the team neck
Old 17-02-2013, 08:17   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Ok so were do stanley get the money from to pay off Leam's remaining 2yr contract and then pay the wages of a new manager!! jc wont come cheap nor will anyone else for that matter.
Old 17-02-2013, 08:25   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Ok so were do stanley get the money from to pay off Leam's remaining 2yr contract and then pay the wages of a new manager!! jc wont come cheap nor will anyone else for that matter.
well said mab! it's the board decision to make anyway
Old 17-02-2013, 08:35   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Its not negative, I am being realistic.
We are sleep walking into relegation under the excuse of 'loyalty' to a manager who is not delivering.
Liam has bee a good servant to the club, but the FACTS show his reign as manager to be a disaster.

This is not about being anti Leam, no Stanley fan could be anti Leam, he is a nice bloke who has worked hard for the club.
But we are in a race to the bottom, and the only thing we are able to change to see an improvement is the manager.

Coleman and Bell would keep us up, but the longer we leave it, the games are ticking away, the points are not being collected and our rivals are making gains.

You may not like the FACTS, but they speak a lot louder than any words on a forum.
Um another guy with a crystal ball, A, I doubt very much that Coleman and Bell would return, and if they did why are you so sure they would keep Stanley up, maybe if people like you got off Richardsons back everybody would be singing off the same hymn sheet.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..