Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 13:23   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Lee Leaving..........

Wow you don't use both? does that mean you will only be able to write for english publications, pity it a big world outside of Lancashire.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2005, 21:02   #32
Junior Member+

The rumour that Evil is leaving is true. Stanley have accepted a bid from Wrexham, this is from a very reliable source just so you know. Big loss to Stanley, but what Stanleys loss is Wrexhams gain.
BULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 21:23   #33
God Member

Bullet .. we know.. its in the paper.. everything bar the club name which was posted on here anyways....
Old 02-06-2005, 22:02   #34
Junior Member+

Kipax.....what Do You Think??....stanley Have Made A Profit On Him,so Why Not Sell Him.
Old 02-06-2005, 22:06   #35
God Member

He is one of the best players we have.. Money cant replace that..
Old 02-06-2005, 22:15   #36
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: Lee Leaving..........

It Would Be Hard To Replace Evil Like,but **** Happens.......it Was Only A Matter Of Time Till A League Club Came In For Him,we Were Lucky To Get Him In The First Place Anyway.
Old 02-06-2005, 22:25   #37
God Member

It used to be called "paper money" ... It means.. whatever money we get for him then that is what he is worth. Thus to replace him its gonna cost just as much. to find someone as good (although he is a one off) we would need to spend the same amount... so we are not gaining. If you could find a player as good cheaper. then why don't wrexham buy the other player and save money.

There isn't another Evil. there are other attackers but I have never seen one like Evil who can scare the apponant just by staring at him. He is an attacker like no other and I don't think he can be replaced... The best we can do is change the approach to our attack to suit a different style of player.

Yes he probably will go and I as well as just about every other stanley fan will be sad to see him go... these things do happen... But given the choice I would rather see him stay....
Old 02-06-2005, 22:31   #38
Junior Member+

Its In The Region Of £25.000 Thats What Av Been Told,to Be Fair On His Day He Is The Best Striker In The Conference Or Was The Best Striker In The Conference,are Stanley Struggling For Cash Or Somethin Thats Why Were Selling Him,or Is £25.000 Too Good To Turn Down....
Old 03-06-2005, 02:05   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLET
Is £25.000 Too Good To Turn Down....
In my opinion, that is not nearly enough to part with the Evil One. The stated ambition of the club is a return to the Football League and his presence in the side brings the realization of that goal closer to fruition. I believe that he can be one of those special players whose value cannot be determined by statistics alone and who should be retained even in the face of "reasonable" offers, providing he has the desire to stay and grow with the club.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:30   #40
Super Moderator

Don't understand this. Wrexham are currently in administration. They have been given leeway to recruit up to 20 players and "special dispensation may be given to pay small fees in certain instances." Surely, £25,000 is somewhat more than a "small fee" (although it's not nearly enough for a player of Evil's considerable talents). Also, just what is the lad thinking of, moving from a small, but financially well-run club to one in dire straits? He must be mad (although I wouldn't want to tell him that to his face!).
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:58   #41
Senior Member+

25k???? what a joke!!!

hes worth double that if not more, fair enough if he wants to leave we cant stop him!
What a shame tho, will be very hard to replace him
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:12   #42
God Member

I wouldn't go reading too much into the 25k figure.I would be 99.99% sure that was the first fgure he thought of when writing the message.......
Old 03-06-2005, 10:25   #43
Super Moderator

It still mystifies me as to how a club in administration can be splashing dosh around and why any ambitious player would want to go there.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:36   #44
Senior Member+

Didnt we pay £50k for Craney, if so, then Evil is worth more than Craney
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22   #45
Senior Member+

15k fearon i think, i am suprised wrexham have any money to spare big loss but hopefully we can get over it and sign a replacement

Last edited by zayno14; 03-06-2005 at 11:24.
zayno14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..