Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 11:27   #46

Re: Lee Leaving..........

why dont they take the money that is raised by selling evil and invest in the youth squad instead of looking round for someone else cos in the long run it would be financially more sound to do this then when the time comes you could sell more than one player and reep the benefits of this strategy
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2005, 11:36   #47
God Member

You mean sell one of our main strikers and NOT replace him for 5 years or so in the hope that a youth player is good enough to take his place... just do without him for a few years ?

I hope your good at ironing luv.............
Old 03-06-2005, 11:40   #48
Senior Member+

I think Wrexham will end up selling that 'Juan Ugarte' fella, maybe if he goes they might make some money available for Lee?

Although it is a move to the football league I feel this move may backfire on Lee and IMO Wrexham are on their way down because of their financial status, whereas we have a good financial status and a potential to get in the league this coming season.....

Stay with us Lee, we'll be in the league next year!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:43   #49

the english leagues are neglecting the youth schemes of yesteryear and then the fans ask why clubs are going into administration and its because everyone wants to but in from abroad or from other clubs and the knockon effectis that
1, the youth are not found
2, clubs are spending money they dont have,
3, the youth that are around dont get the chance to advance up the ranks (ie conference to league 2)
4, the big clubs have nothing to look at and therefore buy from abroad,
5,the national sides fail to produce anything
6, revenue drops,
7, CLUBS THEN GO INTO ADMIN
Old 03-06-2005, 11:50   #50
God Member

Get a grip.. This is accy stanley not liverpool or chelsea.. we have a good youth setup and players do come through the ranks and play for the team. did you know that or where you just jumping in ?

We simply cant sell a player of this quality and not replace him or wait years to do so.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:56   #51
Senior Member+

Yep, we cant replace Evil with an un-experienced youth player its a silly suggestion and its definately not going to happen!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:06   #52

i know but why not invest in the youth cos as the song goes "i believe the children are our future, teach tem well and let them lead the way" lol
Old 03-06-2005, 12:20   #53
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Get a grip.. This is accy stanley not liverpool or chelsea.. we have a good youth setup and players do come through the ranks and play for the team. did you know that or where you just jumping in ?
Who was the last player who came through the ranks and played for the team ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:27   #54

who says you have to be liverpool or chelsea to use the youth squad, one of the best clubs in the world forthe youth set up is ajax and they start training the children from about aged 6 and if they are good they stick them on a 12 yr contract in which they have to play for whoever ajax deem fit and then they are allowed to talk to any other club, but anyway i digress, using the youth team makes sense for the simple reasons it would keep a constant flow of english youth players going through the system, it brings in revenue when they are sold and it gives the fans new blood to look at.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:28   #55
God Member

Stanley already have a decent youth development system for a club of our size and with the addition of the training with stanley and going to college scheme being introduced this year i think? they are improving. but it is a slow process to build good foundations for the future
Old 03-06-2005, 12:31   #56
God Member

ok lets sell evil and spend the money on the youth squad... it MIGHT bring up a player to replace him in 5+ years... we can do without him or a replacement till then eh...

I should know better than to argue with women really... always best to just nod and agree
Old 03-06-2005, 12:32   #57

i see your point lee and i agree with what is ahppening there however how would they fund these things without having to cash in now and again on players who make a name for themselves
Old 03-06-2005, 12:39   #58

there is one thing that i believe should made mandatory tho and that is when a player in the higher divisions such as the premiership when they are transferred, a percentage f the transfer fee should be used to help the lower clubs whether they be in debt or to help the youth acadamies around the country
Old 03-06-2005, 12:43   #59
God Member

what a grand idea.... also if a premiership club gets over say 30 thousand fans on a game.. then the rest of the money should be split between lower clubs... ooer and if they sell a million shares then any more sold and they should give the money to non league clubs... hmmm what about for every 100 pies they sell.. they give 50pence to lower league clubs.. imagine all the pies sold on a full premiership sat...
Old 03-06-2005, 12:49   #60

most of them are eaten by patrick (pieman) kluivert lol but do you see what i mean because they make the money and the lower clubs have to struggle to get by andthey cannot compete in the markets or in the training of the youth

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..