Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2005, 21:53   #1
Senior Member+

Lee Leaving..........

Tonights observer suggests that if the offer for Lee McEvily is a good one he may be leaving....!!!!

What do you think?? A good move to turn a profit on him ?? or Silly to let such a positive and inspirational player LEAVE..... when we are aiming for the league ourselves???

I would hate to see him leave myself...........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2005, 22:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lee Leaving..........

I really hope we keep him, he would be a key player this season and help us win promotion
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 22:37   #3

same here if we lose evil well be losing a really good player so coley should make the right desion and keep him
Old 26-05-2005, 22:50   #4

I personally would hate to see him move on. From my vantage point, he seemed to be a very positive force on the pitch and a player whose personal growth could match that of the club to the benefit of both.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 01:36   #5
I am Banned

I hope that it's just the usual inter-season gossip.

Lee is so highly regarded here that I'd be shocked at his departure. He has a wonderful relationship with Stanley fans, he's playing what is arguably the best football of his life, and he has a fantastic season ahead of him . . . including a significant chance of promotion.

Wages are always negotiable, so unless there are family matters to which we are not privy, I can't imagine him leaving ASFC for any other club below League One.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 06:42   #6

Smile Re: Lee Leaving..........

Lee would be a very big loss to you guys......but a definate PLUS to his new club........whoever that might be! ! ! ! ! !

Don't ya just luv the silly season?
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 07:59   #7
God Member

Noooooo, if you're reading this evil....DON'T GO, please!!!! His pace on the pitch is almost unmatchable (is that a word???)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 08:12   #8
Super Moderator

Yes, it is a word and it's a word which neatly sums up Lee. His departure would be a massive blow to next season's promotion drive. Let's hope it's an unfounded rumour!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 08:55   #9
Senior Member+

i really hope he doesnt leave, would be a disaster
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 09:27   #10
Senior Member+

From a personal point of view, and after seeing some of the on-field antics at close hand, I would not be too sorry if McEvil left. Yes it would be better to retain his services because he is a fantastic player, but he does have a suspect temperament. Any fee Stanley get for him could quite feasibly be used on getting new players in at the club. NO player is indispensible including all the fans favourites.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 09:32   #11
Full Member+

Selling Evil to make a profit on him is no excuse. Just remember what happened when we sold Brett in March 1997 ... we only avoided narrowly relegation the next season and then we had our only ever relegation the year after that.

If he's set on moving, it will be difficult to keep him. But if he wants to stay, this will be a signal of the club's ambition

Last edited by Whalley Red; 27-05-2005 at 09:34.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 11:21   #12
God Member

I know what you're saying outback but I do feel that lee's temperament is a big part of why he's the great player he is.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 20:38   #13

I hope he stays as he always seem to give his all. Got a feeling and i may be wrong but could Carlisle be the league club offering money for him? Did Paul Simpson buy him whilst he was manager at Rochdale? I saw report from a game where Dale beat Orient in London and Evil scored the winner, he could have had a hat trick. Simpson spoke very highly of him after that match...then again he had a fall out with a manager at Dale and I cannot remember which manager it was (it could have been simpson!)

Anyway when Evil and Mr Coleman fell out towards the end of the season did they patch things up? Is that why he is being sought after from league clubs? He played such a big part at the club last season, i cannot believe that he could be sold. If it was a premiership side that was interested or even a championship side then fair enough, give the lad a chance type thing, to improve himself, but if it is Carlisle or Bury or a team in league two, then why sell him?
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 22:02   #14

hes on his his wat to carlisle .come on ye blues
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 22:22   #15
God Member

Begins with W not C ...........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..