Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2005, 12:12   #1

Lee Turnbull comments.

In Barrow V Darlington Friendly program.

Lee turnbull says:-

"Well I have made 3 signings - but you know them all. Firstly there was central defender Jonathon Smith and then came mid-fielder Steve Flitcroft.
I really wanted to keep big Smithy last season when he came on loan from Accrington Stanley but he wanted to go back there and give it another go and you cannot blame him for that. The same can be said for Steve and having seen what they can do they had to be near the top of my shopping list when Accrington decided to release them.
They are experienced and I really rate them at this level. They have both been ther, sen it and done it. What they learned in winning the title with Accrington will serve us well over the next two or three years."

Bottletop says:-

They both played the first half against Darlington.
Flickers but in some good corners and Smithy missed the target on several occasions with cracking headers.
Old 18-07-2005, 21:28   #2

Re: Lee Turnbull comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottletop
In Barrow V Darlington Friendly program.

Lee turnbull says:-

"Well I have made 3 signings - but you know them all. Firstly there was central defender Jonathon Smith and then came mid-fielder Steve Flitcroft.
I really wanted to keep big Smithy last season when he came on loan from Accrington Stanley but he wanted to go back there and give it another go and you cannot blame him for that. The same can be said for Steve and having seen what they can do they had to be near the top of my shopping list when Accrington decided to release them.
They are experienced and I really rate them at this level. They have both been ther, sen it and done it. What they learned in winning the title with Accrington will serve us well over the next two or three years."

Bottletop says:-

They both played the first half against Darlington.
Flickers but in some good corners and Smithy missed the target on several occasions with cracking headers.
I assume you were the chap wandering round in a red, Nike Stanley shirt with Oswaldthwistle Mills on 'front?

Smith did very well for us last season and we were suprised but happy to get him. Good talker and strong in the air and tackle, not slow for a big lad either.
Flitcroft we're not so sure on. He lacks pace and doesn't seem to get involved-I actually thought his set pieces and passing was poor. Either underhit or overhit but football is all about opinions isn't it.

I suppose you'll all have a chance to give them a proper send off this weekend, may Barrow win!
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 21:37   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
may Barrow win!
The 'mighty' Barrow will have to win sometime but not this time
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2005, 10:07   #4

Yes Bluebird it was me, However got a bit bored so I watched the airshow half of the time. Had a pretty good view from your ground.
Old 19-07-2005, 16:50   #5

Bloody nuisance that airshow-couldn't concentrate on the game! Don't suppose you took any pics did you or is just Kipax that takes them?

Cheers
Old 20-07-2005, 09:47   #6

Kipax is official photo man I don't carry a camera every where I go.

Bluebird are you coming down for Smithy's testimonial?
Old 26-07-2005, 10:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottletop
Kipax is official photo man I don't carry a camera every where I go.

Bluebird are you coming down for Smithy's testimonial?
Aye I did. Not a bad game with 0-0 probably a fair result. I was very disappointed that there weren't more there though as he has been a big player for you over recent years. I know some will be on holiday but the fact that it was Jonothan's testimonial plus Stanley v Barrow, two old rivals I thought would have guaranteed about 500. It would if it had been played at Barrow.

He is a quality player and with us apparently signing Jody Banim, things look quite good for this season.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:52   #8
God Member

Banim was terrible for us... However I saw him the back end of the season at Droylsden and he ran the game.. Very greedy.. wouldn't pass to players screaming at him.... But scored a wonder goal and without him they would have been nothing. If he commits himself to trying then he will do well.

If Alty can sneak in like they did (who gave them a chance?) then Barrow have as much chance

See other threads.. yes it was a very poor turnout.. but nearly everyone on here went so no point moaning to us

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..